Windows 10: Toshiba touchpad or mouse or screen freezes 1 to 2 seconds AMD processor problem

Discus and support Toshiba touchpad or mouse or screen freezes 1 to 2 seconds AMD processor problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; There are a lot of questions about Toshiba and HP older laptops and or pc freezing touchpads an or mouse and display's The problem is a AMD display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lenovo T60, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Toshiba touchpad or mouse or screen freezes 1 to 2 seconds AMD processor problem

There are a lot of questions about Toshiba and HP older laptops and or pc freezing touchpads an or mouse and display's

The problem is a AMD display driver which is not compatible on older systems and intermittend freezes the pointer or screen for 1 to 2 seconds. The work arround is to use download a older driver i.e. Windows 7 driver and install this with the compatibillity modus

This is a solution that worked for my satellite M50-A10D model AMD A4 processor

:)

Lenovo T60, Feb 23, 2021

2. Computer and mouse freeze

Hi

There are several reasons that could have cause your keyboard and mouse to freeze. To know more about the issue, we will ask some questions to help us:

• Were there recent changes made before the issue occurred?
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to know where the issue is coming from?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this article:
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    for us to check all setting needed to help us in resolving your issue.

Let us know about the update.

Kristine Som, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Helmut Win User
    TouchPad problem

Satellite S50-B-15U
    Part number: PSPRBE-02V051EN

I'll start by saying I am using an almost similar Toshiba Laptop, there are some hardware differences, as you will know hardware can be different in the same model e.g. mine has a Synaptics Touchpad, yours an Elan, and so forth.
    I know the confusion of looking up drivers on the Toshiba website, fortunately you will only need a few Toshiba specific ones*.

There are NO yellow triangles in my Device Manager at all, it has only had Windows updates for 4 years and a few Toshiba specific ones which either came thru Windows updates, *selected downloads from the Toshiba website, and BIOS/UEFI updates via Toshiba Desktop Asistant.

Your post #15 that shows the Driver Store, that does not show 3 Touchpad drivers installed, it is showing previous driver installs cached so that Windows can Roll back drivers.
    That will show up a lot of hardware drivers of stuff you may have connected at some point thus adding confusion and irrelevent information.

A few initial questions
    1) What is your BIOS/UEFI version.
    2) Do you have the Toshiba desktop assistant installed.

You have a USB mouse connected looking at your posts, so why worry about the Touchad.
    I always use one, however the touchpad(Synaptics) also works correctly(I just don't like them).
    If you go to the Toshiba support site the Windows 7 64 bit ELAN driver 11.8.22.3 is the latest given, personally I would go to Windows updates.

My Touchpad(the other brand, Synaptics) is not listed in HID.
    On yours it looks like it is appearing as a PS/2 device(could be the way ELAN do it).
    The other listed HID-compliant mouse would be a USB mouse you have connected.
    These are from mine:

Attachment 194753Attachment 194754

The things marked in Red are the important ones, * in text.

"plus as suggested I have done the reg fix to stop windows updates "
    If that's what you have done then it is deliberate sabotage. I'm not surprised your drivers are in such a mess.

Helmut, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Galirn Win User

Toshiba touchpad or mouse or screen freezes 1 to 2 seconds AMD processor problem

Mouse Cursor on second screen changes randomly

• Did the issue only occur when you updated your graphics card?
      • Appears to have only begun with the new graphics card. It's an AMD RX480 card. I uninstalled all Nvidia drivers prior to installing the new AMD drivers. It doesn't occur on the first monitor, only second. Which would indicate either something in the
        translation between monitors or something along those lines.
    • Are your drivers up to date?
      • From my understanding they all are, I try to keep everything up to date.
    • Have you checked if the problem is the mouse itself?
      • I do not currently have a second mouse, but the fact that it's only when it tracks to the second screen. On first screen everything is good. The normal cursor displays, but when I track to the second screen that's when the weirdness happens.
    • Are you using a wired mouse
      • Yes

Galirn, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Toshiba touchpad or mouse or screen freezes 1 to 2 seconds AMD processor problem

1. Toshiba touchpad or mouse or screen freezes 1 to 2 seconds AMD processor problem - Similar Threads - Toshiba touchpad mouse

2. 2 in 1 touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 in 1 touchpad not working: Hi all,I have an ASUS 2 in 1 laptop i purchase in 2019 that came with windows 10, and installed windows 11. I used to use the laptop with a separate keyboard and mouse and extra screen so I don't know when this started happening, but the mouse touchpad currently does not...
  3. Dell Inspiron 5406 2 in 1 Touchpad identified as PS/2 Compatible Mouse Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Inspiron 5406 2 in 1 Touchpad identified as PS/2 Compatible Mouse Problem: I have,Dell Inspiron 5406 11th Gen IntelR Core TM i3-1115G4 @ 3.00GHz 2.19GHz running on Windows 10 Home Single Language 22H2.My laptop touchpad isn't working properly. Device Manager is identifying HID Compliant Mouse as PS/2 Compatible Mouse, and I2C HID Device not able to...
  4. Dell Inspiron 5406 2 in 1 Touchpad identified as PS/2 Compatible Mouse Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Inspiron 5406 2 in 1 Touchpad identified as PS/2 Compatible Mouse Problem: I have,Dell Inspiron 5406 11th Gen IntelR Core TM i3-1115G4 @ 3.00GHz 2.19GHz running on Windows 10 Home Single Language 22H2.My laptop touchpad isn't working properly. Device Manager is identifying HID Compliant Mouse as PS/2 Compatible Mouse, and I2C HID Device not able to...
  5. Dell Inspiron 5406 2 in 1 Touchpad identified as PS/2 Compatible Mouse Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. amd processor frequency problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    amd processor frequency problem: hi i have windows 11 and amd processor 9 5000 5900x frequency set to max and the temp always 4.4 and usage 2% and i don't know what shall i do and i tried alot to contact microsoft chat or support team and i couldn't reach them hope you assist me ASAP to avoid this issue....
  7. amd processor frequency problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    amd processor frequency problem: hi i have windows 11 and amd processor 9 5000 5900x frequency set to max and the temp always 4.4 and usage 2% and i don't know what shall i do and i tried alot to contact microsoft chat or support team and i couldn't reach them hope you assist me ASAP to avoid this issue....
  8. Second monitor -- duplicate screen 1 and 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor -- duplicate screen 1 and 2: I have a new HP Pavilion laptop. In the display settings, I cannot select monitor 1 or 2 -- it only says "1/2." My second monitor shows a duplicate of the laptop screen, but I need to be able to teach with Zoom and see slides on one screen and participants on another.Thank...
  9. Row of 1 or 2 pixels on second screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Row of 1 or 2 pixels on second screen: Hi, Whenever I have a program eg. discord set to maximize on my second monitor, it will still show a small portion, about 1 or 2 pixels on my main screen. I was wondering what the cause of this issue is, and if any of you know how to fix it? See photo [IMG] I hope that...
  10. Screen freezes for a second every 2 seconds.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen freezes for a second every 2 seconds.: Ive had this for a while now, and ive tried every single fucking article on the internet. Microsoft Support does not help me. This didnt happen in windows 8.1, even though i did a clean install. Specs: CPU: AMD A6-6310 with AMD Radeon R4 Graphics GPU: AMD Radeon(TM) R4...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. toshiba satellite amd a6 mouse cursor freezes