Toshiba will build a Cortana button into its Windows 10 laptops

Discus and support Toshiba will build a Cortana button into its Windows 10 laptops in Windows 10 News on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Cortana will be one of the major features to come to Windows 10, and at least one PC vendor plans to treat her especially well. Toshiba's Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Chuck38, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Chuck38 Win User

Source

Chuck38, Jun 12, 2015
  2. rfruth Win User

Good move, hope other manufactures follow suit !

:)

rfruth, Jun 12, 2015
  3. clifftaylor11 Win User
    Computer won't startup after recent update and System Restore fails.

the laptop is a Toshiba Tecra R840-10E its running windows 10 home preview. version 1709. Os build 16299.15. as far as i can remember. also this loop is at start up.

clifftaylor11, Jun 12, 2015
  4. koppany nemeth Win User

why dont i have cortana?

hello

so my build number is "version 10 (build 10240)

i inherited a laptop from my brother and it already had windows 10 but i couldnt find cortana

when i press the"search the web and windows" button on my screen and it supposed to say cortana somewhere on the side next to Home,settings,feedback but its not there.or atleast thats what i been told and when i search my laptop for cortana it dosent come
    up with anything.

i have done no trouble shooting so far but i did search the internet for answers but i couldnt find anything that satisfied my needs so i came here.

thank you for helping,

koppany nemeth, Jun 12, 2015
  5. rmonroe36 Win User
    A good sign that bodes well for Cortana's continued improvement. My experience to date is that Cortana is much more able (smarter) on my Windows Phone than on my desktop computer.

Rich

rmonroe36, Jun 12, 2015
  6. Chuck38 Win User
    *Roflmao2

Kinda the same reaction I had, but I thought y'all might be interested. *Wink

Chuck38, Jun 12, 2015
  7. Edwin New Member
    *Start + Q, or *Start + S
    same diff.

Edwin, Jun 12, 2015
  8. badrobot Win User

I hope the button can be remapped to something else like "Home" button. It will be useless for some.

badrobot, Jun 12, 2015
  9. Winuser Win User
    *Ditto

Winuser, Jun 12, 2015
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    Could be useful I guess.. can't hurt anything.

BunnyJ, Jun 12, 2015
  11. Molyy Win User
    I sure hope that special button can be disabled, as well as the dubious "help" it could provide. The spectre of on update "Clippy" on steroids comes to mind--not a pleasant thought.

Molyy, Jun 15, 2015
  12. VBS
    VBs Win User
    It will hurt keyboard layout. especially on small portable PCs. It is only one button but it takes space.
    If cortana is region locked, what will people that live in regions where cortana not available do with that button?

13. BunnyJ New Member

You have a point but I think the PC makers will take this issue into account. And I hope that they ship the PC's with this feature would be shipped to regions that can make use of Cortana and not to ones that can't make use of this feature.

BunnyJ, Jun 16, 2015
  14. Tony K Win User
    Let's not jump to conclusions of where the key will be placed.

Hmm. Not understanding why people are against innovation. *Think How about going back to using something like this:

[​IMG]

We all adapted to the Windows key, yes? A great addition IMO. Keyboards have changed through the years.

I think Cortana to be a great feature. Absolutely no problems in answering to my voice, even from across the room. I have it set to answer texts on my Lumia. If I'm working along and a text comes in she tells me who it's from and asks if she should read it. I may say no and she goes away. If yes, she reads it. I can then decide to answer or not. If answering, she does it all while I continue working. Now I'm double tasking. I can even walk and chew gum at the same time. *Biggrin

BunnyJ's sig says it all. I swear it seems some of you live in a cave. *Wink

Tony K, Jun 16, 2015
  15. JHough Win User

[​IMG]

The best keyboards are multi-colored, have extra features documented on the sides, are connected to video data processors, are arranged in straight lines, have a minimum number of key sizes, and have the bare essential number of keys like this top of the line keyboard found on www.pdp8.net.

JHough, Sep 1, 2015
Thema:

Toshiba will build a Cortana button into its Windows 10 laptops - Similar Threads - Toshiba build Cortana

1. Toshiba cd/dvd no longer open and play music or video after updating f

in Windows 10 Support
    Toshiba cd/dvd no longer open and play music or video after updating f: Hello, I do have a Toshiba laptop no longer playing music or movie after updating from Windows 8 to 10 online. In my computer, I see the icon of the CD/DVD but when I put a commercial cd music or video, different one, I do have the same popup windows asking to insert the CD....
  2. Microsoft is blocking Windows 10 April 2018 Update on some Toshiba SSDs

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is blocking Windows 10 April 2018 Update on some Toshiba SSDs: Windows 10 April 2018 Update is buggy on some hardware and it has been troublesome for quite a while now. Microsoft recently discovered a bug in Intel SSDs and the company has now acknowledged that a bug is also affecting devices that are equipped with Toshiba SSDs. The...
  3. Toshiba Satellite L655-S5072 audio driver issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Toshiba Satellite L655-S5072 audio driver issue: Hi folks! Have a friend with a Toshiba Satellite L655-S5072 laptop bought around 2009. Device Manager shows a High Definition Audio Device driver. It has no sound when playing anything from YouTube, however, can use ear buds, and listen to whatever. Plan to uninstall...
  4. Toshiba External Hard Drive triggers NTI EZ on intial boot.

Toshiba External Hard Drive triggers NTI EZ on intial boot.: Hoping somebody has experienced this - I recently purchased an HP Elite 8300, Intel Core i5, 16GB RAM. I transferred all the data from my old computer manually, using a Toshiba 2TB external hard drive. During the process, I learned that if the Toshiba is connected to the new...
  5. Windows10 not recognizing 2 Toshiba ext HD at same time

Windows10 not recognizing 2 Toshiba ext HD at same time: This is an intricate thing to try to describe so here goes. I have 2 Toshiba external hard drives no model number (I assume they are identical). Plugged in one to USB and it was immediately recognized and assigned H drive. Plugged the other into another USB and this one is...
  6. Toshiba Laptop locked into Hibernate during boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Toshiba Laptop locked into Hibernate during boot: My Toshiba C55 wont boot. As soon as I push the power button it goes directly to the black 'hibernating' screen with the rotating circles and that is all it will do. This is the first time I have had any problem with this computer in over 4 years. One day its operating as...
  7. Cannot clean install Win 10 UEFI mode (Toshiba Satellite C75A)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot clean install Win 10 UEFI mode (Toshiba Satellite C75A): I’m trying to clean install Windows 10 in UEFI mode on a Toshiba Satellite C75A – it’s my old (4-5 yrs) laptop, want to use it as a backup as its still of a reasonable specification and performance. Originally it came with Win 8, then upgraded to 8.1 then 10, all in UEFI mode...