Toshiba will build a Cortana button into its Windows 10 laptops

Discus and support Toshiba will build a Cortana button into its Windows 10 laptops in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Cortana will be one of the major features to come to Windows 10, and at least one PC vendor plans to treat her especially well. Toshiba's Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Chuck38, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Chuck38 Win User

Source

Chuck38, Jun 12, 2015
  2. rfruth Win User

Good move, hope other manufactures follow suit !

:)

rfruth, Jun 12, 2015
  3. clifftaylor11 Win User
    Computer won't startup after recent update and System Restore fails.

the laptop is a Toshiba Tecra R840-10E its running windows 10 home preview. version 1709. Os build 16299.15. as far as i can remember. also this loop is at start up.

clifftaylor11, Jun 12, 2015
  4. koppany nemeth Win User

why dont i have cortana?

hello

so my build number is "version 10 (build 10240)

i inherited a laptop from my brother and it already had windows 10 but i couldnt find cortana

when i press the"search the web and windows" button on my screen and it supposed to say cortana somewhere on the side next to Home,settings,feedback but its not there.or atleast thats what i been told and when i search my laptop for cortana it dosent come
    up with anything.

i have done no trouble shooting so far but i did search the internet for answers but i couldnt find anything that satisfied my needs so i came here.

thank you for helping,

koppany nemeth, Jun 12, 2015
  5. rmonroe36 Win User
    A good sign that bodes well for Cortana's continued improvement. My experience to date is that Cortana is much more able (smarter) on my Windows Phone than on my desktop computer.

Rich

rmonroe36, Jun 12, 2015
  6. Chuck38 Win User
    *Roflmao2

Kinda the same reaction I had, but I thought y'all might be interested. *Wink

Chuck38, Jun 12, 2015
  7. Edwin New Member
    *Start + Q, or *Start + S
    same diff.

Edwin, Jun 12, 2015
  8. badrobot Win User

I hope the button can be remapped to something else like "Home" button. It will be useless for some.

badrobot, Jun 12, 2015
  9. Winuser Win User
    *Ditto

Winuser, Jun 12, 2015
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    Could be useful I guess.. can't hurt anything.

BunnyJ, Jun 12, 2015
  11. Molyy Win User
    I sure hope that special button can be disabled, as well as the dubious "help" it could provide. The spectre of on update "Clippy" on steroids comes to mind--not a pleasant thought.

Molyy, Jun 15, 2015
  12. VBS
    VBs Win User
    It will hurt keyboard layout. especially on small portable PCs. It is only one button but it takes space.
    If cortana is region locked, what will people that live in regions where cortana not available do with that button?

13. BunnyJ New Member

You have a point but I think the PC makers will take this issue into account. And I hope that they ship the PC's with this feature would be shipped to regions that can make use of Cortana and not to ones that can't make use of this feature.

BunnyJ, Jun 16, 2015
  14. Tony K Win User
    Let's not jump to conclusions of where the key will be placed.

Hmm. Not understanding why people are against innovation. *Think How about going back to using something like this:

Toshiba will build a Cortana button into its Windows 10 laptops [​IMG]

We all adapted to the Windows key, yes? A great addition IMO. Keyboards have changed through the years.

I think Cortana to be a great feature. Absolutely no problems in answering to my voice, even from across the room. I have it set to answer texts on my Lumia. If I'm working along and a text comes in she tells me who it's from and asks if she should read it. I may say no and she goes away. If yes, she reads it. I can then decide to answer or not. If answering, she does it all while I continue working. Now I'm double tasking. I can even walk and chew gum at the same time. *Biggrin

BunnyJ's sig says it all. I swear it seems some of you live in a cave. *Wink

Tony K, Jun 16, 2015
  15. JHough Win User

Toshiba will build a Cortana button into its Windows 10 laptops [​IMG]

The best keyboards are multi-colored, have extra features documented on the sides, are connected to video data processors, are arranged in straight lines, have a minimum number of key sizes, and have the bare essential number of keys like this top of the line keyboard found on www.pdp8.net.

JHough, Sep 1, 2015
Thema:

1. Toshiba will build a Cortana button into its Windows 10 laptops - Similar Threads - Toshiba build Cortana

2. Halfway this evening Windows Photos lost the export to Instagram option. Why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Halfway this evening Windows Photos lost the export to Instagram option. Why?: Earlier this evening I shared some of my photos from Windows Photos to Instagram through the share --> instagram option. Now that's gone. It turns out to be impossible to access the Windows Photos app library from the Instagram app, so the other route does not work either. It...
  3. Windows mail

Windows mail: I can't verify my email address to support because I can't open any links https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/windows-mail/26fa4899-ceda-4716-a740-6a91ac3ec452
  4. windows 10 mail app

windows 10 mail app: My windows mail app does not open any links https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/windows-10-mail-app/07ef5d8a-a07f-4cfd-b930-3ff5cbf33e41
  5. Cannot uninstall Snap Attack (Windows 10 store game)

Cannot uninstall Snap Attack (Windows 10 store game): The Snap Attack game (a.k.a. "Wordament Snap Attack") was retired as of May 18, 2018. The game can no longer be played (online or offline) and is no longer available for download. Given this, I see no need to keep it on my system. Operating system: Windows 10 Home...
  6. Windows 10 April Update black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 April Update black screen: I have a Dell Inspiron 14 3451 laptop with Intel Celeron N2840 processor. Each time i try to upgrade to the April update, my laptop works for a few seconds then the screen turns black. I had to downgrade to the Fall creators update as a result. Is this because of the graphics...
  7. Hp pavilion won't access windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hp pavilion won't access windows 10: Hello i need help my hp Pavilion which cost me a lot of money and i just got it a little over a month ago is telling me that it cant access windows 10 and i have no idea how to fix it and everything ive tried hasnt worked is there any way to contact an employee that can walk...
  8. Uisng windows 10, HP officejet 6968 does not print in color

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uisng windows 10, HP officejet 6968 does not print in color: The printer makes copies in color. In Windows 10 settings on my HP laptop, there is no option to select color. In "printing preferences" the paper/quality section only gives a an option labelled "print in grayscale"....
  9. Microsoft 10 - blue tooth icon disappeared

Microsoft 10 - blue tooth icon disappeared: My bluetooth icon has disappeared from the Device Manager. I was using a bluetooth mouse for most of the morning and then around 12:30pm PST my mouse started to act flaky. I did updates, but still do not have the option to turn On/Off bluetooth. Perhaps I hit some key...
  10. Windows 10 - Update Done and Touchscreen Driver Apparently gone

Windows 10 - Update Done and Touchscreen Driver Apparently gone: I updated my computer, and was on the phone for 45 minutes with a rep while we reset my entire system. I went into the Device Manager and looked under Human Interface Devices, and apparently my touchscreen driver is missing. Where can I download the touchscreen driver...