Windows 10: Toshiba will build a Cortana button into its Windows 10 laptops

Discus and support Toshiba will build a Cortana button into its Windows 10 laptops in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I found that this was the best keyboard I've ever used: IBM Type M.. [img] Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Chuck38, Jun 12, 2015.

1. BunnyJ New Member

Toshiba will build a Cortana button into its Windows 10 laptops

I found that this was the best keyboard I've ever used: IBM Type M..

Toshiba will build a Cortana button into its Windows 10 laptops [​IMG]

BunnyJ, Sep 1, 2015
  2. dogpark Win User

So I have no experience yet with WinX, just here lurking but that is the best paragraph I've read yet supporting Cortana. Now a bit more excited. I thought most were disabling it.

dogpark, Sep 1, 2015
  3. Gary Win User
    I thought the entire concept behind Cortana was voice activation so why does one have to have a key.

4. rfruth Win User

I have a Acer Chromebook, it has TWO "ok Google" keyboard buttons (brings up the voice search) - very useful !

rfruth, Sep 1, 2015
  5. RonCFL Win User
    I thought cortana suppose to be some kink of voice command .. does it needs 1 button ..?
    Oh ..well ..never use it any way ...

RonCFL, Sep 1, 2015
  6. BillyBob Win User
    Amazing, it doesn't matter what Microsoft does, people hate it, doesn't matter what Apple does people love it. Even when MS gives their software away, everyone thinks it's a communist plot.

BillyBob, Sep 1, 2015
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    Well put.. but honestly I really don't care what others think of MS and their products. At this point in my life I think I can make up my own mind concerning the OS and software I use and the amount of money I spend on it. Apple makes great products but I don't want to or need to spend that amount of money for/on it.

Just my 2c as usual, YMMV.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Sep 1, 2015
  8. BillyBob Win User

I don't particularly care either, it just becomes a bit tiring hearing the same rubbish over and over. I've bought a few Apple products, believe me they are not all that great and most of their software is just absolute rubbish which never gets fixed, but hey the fanboys just suck it all up, even when they're told they're holding it wrong, or when the coating falls off, it's to show the natural beauty of the aluminium underneath.

BillyBob, Sep 1, 2015
  9. Tony K Win User
    Thanks. Well, the tin-foil hatters that think Cortana or 10 in general are spying on them will turn it off. That's their right of course. There's also an option not to accept it upon install in one of the screens.

Here's more on the phone with 8.1. I need to update that tutorial for there's more I found. It's coming along well in development on a tower in 10. Windows Phone 8 and 8.1 Search Button

Tony K, Sep 1, 2015
  10. Tony K Win User
    Very cool! Thanks for the link. *Thumbs

Welcome to the forums, BTW. *Smile

Tony K, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Toshiba will build a Cortana button into its Windows 10 laptops - Similar Threads - Toshiba build Cortana

2. My Toshiba laptop is running Windows 10 but my window setting button will not open...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Toshiba laptop is running Windows 10 but my window setting button will not open...: Tried to go into settings to use multiple screens and also check for windows updates but when you click/double click on my window setting button will not open settings, it briefly appears on screen with the cog but then shuts down?...
  3. My Toshiba laptop is running Windows 10 but my window setting button will not open...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Toshiba laptop is running Windows 10 but my window setting button will not open...: Tried to go into settings to use multiple screens and also check for windows updates but when you click/double click on my window setting button will not open settings, it briefly appears on screen with the cog but then shuts down?...
  4. My Toshiba laptop is running Windows 10 but my window setting button will not open...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Toshiba laptop is running Windows 10 but my window setting button will not open...: Tring to go into settings to use multiple screens and also check for windows updates but when you click/double click on my window setting button will not open settings, it briefly appears on screen with the cog but then shuts down?...
  5. No Cortana on Windows 10 build 1909

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Cortana on Windows 10 build 1909: Some context: I downgraded from Windows 10 20h2 because explorer.exe needed 5 minutes to start. Recently I wanted to enable Cortana. There was no 'Hey Cortana' settings. I downloaded the Cortana app from the MS Store. When I open the app it just says: "Thanks for taking an...
  6. No Cortana on Windows 10 build 1909

in Windows 10 Support
    No Cortana on Windows 10 build 1909: Some context: I downgraded from Windows 10 20h2 because explorer.exe needed 5 minutes to start. Recently I wanted to enable Cortana. There was no 'Hey Cortana' settings. I downloaded the Cortana app from the MS Store. When I open the app it just says: "Thanks for taking an...
  7. Toshiba satellite laptop windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Toshiba satellite laptop windows 10: A corrupt update is in my restore and I cant restore or do anything because it wipe out my computer but i can still get on it what can i do to fix it Toshiba satellite laptop...
  8. Toshiba Laptop for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Toshiba Laptop for Windows 10: does Toshiba Satelite A665 laptop which has Windows 7 support upgrade to Windows 10 well? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-laptop-for-windows-10/0408a66a-f509-4a1f-a66a-4daa8f7967ee
  9. Toshiba Laptop will not load Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Toshiba Laptop will not load Windows 10: Hi, I have a Toshiba laptop - L50-B-1NL. When I switch my laptop on I get the Toshiba screen but then the dots that go in a circle then the screen goes black. If I move my mouse the blue waiting circle appears or sometimes the arrow cursor. I have looked at the help pages...
  10. Windows 10 Drivers for Toshiba Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Drivers for Toshiba Laptop: Can someone please get me a list of the required drivers for Windows 10 for my Toshiba laptop. Also, can someone please assist me with my Toshiba Face Recognition feature? Whenever I try to unlock my computer with my face, it is not recognizing it. There has to be a reason...