Windows 10: TOTAL AV

Discus and support TOTAL AV in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I installed TOTAL AV on my windows ten. I already had and still have McAfee anti virus/.firewall installed. I have had nothing but trouble since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PhyllisHisatake, Sep 15, 2019.

1. TOTAL AV

I installed TOTAL AV on my windows ten. I already had and still have McAfee anti virus/.firewall installed. I have had nothing but trouble since installing TOTAL AV.. But TOTAL AV told me that McAfee is not capable to handle windows 10 and that only TOTAL AV was approved by Microsoft to be used on windows 10. I checked reviews online and Total AV has some big complaints. Should I unistall them. it and keep Mc Afee only? Are they as bad as everyone caims? Thank you

Phyllis

:)

PhyllisHisatake, Sep 15, 2019
  2. solebeats Win User

Windows 10 and Total AV

Hi Community,

I just want to ask a couple of quick Questions here and thought the Community hub would be the best place.

I read on a website that Windows 10 we're teaming up with Total AV for added security Boost.

Is this correct ? or just some misinformation.

I wondered if any other users had Total AV installed as well as Defender and the interaction worked ?

I personally only use Defender as other 3rd party anti-virus interfere with my Audio Programs.

So it would be good to hear from anyone on this.

My second Question is - Is it at all possible for you choose from a list of Images for your Lock Screen ? say from Bing or Win 10.

I like certain Landscape Lock Screen images which I would like to save and say create a Slideshow of my own. At the moment like everyone else it is just on random and would like to choose my own Landscape images from the ones that either Win 10 of Bing send
    to your computer.

Anyway thanks for your time in reading this.

Take care everyone

Simon.

solebeats, Sep 15, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Windows 10 and Total AV

Hi Simon

There is no official statement from Microsoft with even a hint of teaming up with Total AV, in fact that is most likely just Internet rumour and innuendo. Defender is right up there with the best paid-for security solutions and does not slow your system down,
    so there would be no logical reason for a merger with Total AV

With regards to the Lock Screen, Collect your preferred photos into a folder and if necessary google 'Bing Lock screen photos to find your favorite Bing photos

Then once you have those in a folder, open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu), go to Personalization - Lock Screen. Set background to Slideshow and then click Browse to find that folder of photos

That's It!

DaveM121, Sep 15, 2019
  4. TOTAL AV

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

TOTAL AV

1. TOTAL AV - Similar Threads - TOTAL

2. Fixing E: Stage 1: 0% 178 of 783872; Total: 0%; ETA: 999:00:00

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fixing E: Stage 1: 0% 178 of 783872; Total: 0%; ETA: 999:00:00: What do I do? I want to cancel or stop it. Is it safe to spot it on the first Stage? This is the first launch if this os. Before launching it asked me to press a key if I wanted to cancel the disc checkup. I pressed the space bar. The timer stopped but the text was still on...
  3. Fixing E: Stage 1: 0% 178 of 783872; Total: 0%; ETA: 999:00:00

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fixing E: Stage 1: 0% 178 of 783872; Total: 0%; ETA: 999:00:00: What do I do? I want to cancel or stop it. Is it safe to spot it on the first Stage? This is the first launch if this os. Before launching it asked me to press a key if I wanted to cancel the disc checkup. I pressed the space bar. The timer stopped but the text was still on...
  4. Fixing E: Stage 1: 0% 178 of 783872; Total: 0%; ETA: 999:00:00

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Ive done everything but total identified windows installations identified is still 0. Is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ive done everything but total identified windows installations identified is still 0. Is...: Running Windows 11 Home Version 23H2 on Dell Inspiron AIO 5490 AIO. BIOS Mode UEFI and up to date.Total identified windows installations: 0 after using bootrec /rebuildbcd or bootrec /scanos command in Windows Recovery Environment. Ive done everything recommended online to...
  6. Ive done everything but total identified windows installations identified is still 0. Is...

Ive done everything but total identified windows installations identified is still 0. Is...: Running Windows 11 Home Version 23H2 on Dell Inspiron AIO 5490 AIO. BIOS Mode UEFI and up to date.Total identified windows installations: 0 after using bootrec /rebuildbcd or bootrec /scanos command in Windows Recovery Environment. Ive done everything recommended online to...
  7. How to recover/fix my laptop that went totally black?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover/fix my laptop that went totally black?: So my laptop went black after a day after windows update, the screen won't show anything, the power indicator and fan is on, i can control my keyboard light but can't for other thing caps lock numlock.I search for solution in the internet but i can't do anything on my laptop...
  8. How to recover/fix my laptop that went totally black?

How to recover/fix my laptop that went totally black?: So my laptop went black after a day after windows update, the screen won't show anything, the power indicator and fan is on, i can control my keyboard light but can't for other thing caps lock numlock.I search for solution in the internet but i can't do anything on my laptop...
  9. Total war on Macafee why so complicated?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Total war on Macafee why so complicated?: I got a new Dell compiuter last year and this effing Macafee subscription -- that I did not want -- is expiring. I CANNOT TELL YOU HOW MUCH I HATE THEM.I hear that the process to remove it is very difficult. I know how to iuninstall programs via the control panel.But then,...
  10. Total war on Macafee why so complicated?

Total war on Macafee why so complicated?: I got a new Dell compiuter last year and this effing Macafee subscription -- that I did not want -- is expiring. I CANNOT TELL YOU HOW MUCH I HATE THEM.I hear that the process to remove it is very difficult. I know how to iuninstall programs via the control panel.But then,...