Windows 10: Total confusion.

Discus and support Total confusion. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! This one is a bit of a doozy.I recently I used a program to transfer a huge chunk of data from my old pc about 200~ GB to my new one. The issues... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Arume, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Arume Win User

Total confusion.

Hello! This one is a bit of a doozy.I recently I used a program to transfer a huge chunk of data from my old pc about 200~ GB to my new one. The issues are as followsI had less then 200 GB already in my new computer max 936 GB but when it finished transferring I ended up with 841.76 GB total more then 2x as much then transferredThe internet wont connect, and won't troubleshoot, and the search bar just loads with no results, and things like Windows Update and Windows Insider won't load either. I tried running Get-AppXPackage-AllUsersWhere-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like “*SystemApps*”}

:)

Arume, Jun 11, 2021

2. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    Macrium Reflex brand new user - totally confused

Congratulations! Yes, testing that you can boot the Macrium recovery USB now (instead of when you are in a panic, trying to do a restore) is a step many forget to take.

I've been watching @ignatzatsonic carefully guide you through the steps. The patience you have both shown in working through this together is commendable. The more you use Macrium, the more familiar and easy it will become.

I remember the first time I needed to do a Macrium restore for real. I can tell you that it took a lot of courage to click the button to start it. I needn't have worried, it worked fine.

There's one further test you can safely do with the recovery usb that should help build up your confidence and experience. Boot from the USB and connect the drive holding your image file. Make sure that you can browse for an image to restore, find it and select it. Then from the 'Other Actions...' menu for the image file select Verify Image.

Total confusion. [​IMG]

This will read the whole of the image file, testing that it is both readable and valid. It just reads the file, nothing will be written or restored. But when it is done you will have gone through 99% of the steps involved in doing a restore and be confident that you could do one for real.

4. locutus12 Win User

Total confusion.

X800GTO2 AUTOMATED FLASH UTILITY Via DVD\CD... Very easy Total confusion. :)

hmmm... i dont mean to worry you but thats not good... *Confused Total confusion. :confused:

what exactly did you do to it originally, tell me step by step and list the files you used (including links if possible) i will try to back track and recreate the error using VMware if i can (VMware a special tool i use for testing crap out *Smile Total confusion. :) )

locutus12, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

Total confusion.

1. Total confusion. - Similar Threads - Total confusion

2. Why Did Update KB5036980 of 4/24/24 totally corrupted my dual-drive computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Did Update KB5036980 of 4/24/24 totally corrupted my dual-drive computer?: This update was labeled as "2024-04 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5036980." One would think that since it specifically "Update Preview" users would see some of the new features of what the actual update would provide, when...
  3. Why Did Update KB5036980 of 4/24/24 totally corrupted my dual-drive computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Did Update KB5036980 of 4/24/24 totally corrupted my dual-drive computer?: This update was labeled as "2024-04 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5036980." One would think that since it specifically "Update Preview" users would see some of the new features of what the actual update would provide, when...
  4. Totally confused about user accounts/can't delete user account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Totally confused about user accounts/can't delete user account.: My Dad gifted me a laptop he is no longer using. He has all his files and said I can delete all of his content off the computer. I'd like to basically start it from scratch. Using his credentials, I set up a new user account for myself and made myself an administrator. I...
  5. Totally confused about user accounts/can't delete user account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Totally confused about user accounts/can't delete user account.: My Dad gifted me a laptop he is no longer using. He has all his files and said I can delete all of his content off the computer. I'd like to basically start it from scratch. Using his credentials, I set up a new user account for myself and made myself an administrator. I...
  6. Totally confused about user accounts/can't delete user account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. TOTALLY FRUSTRATED, CONFUSED AND UPSET WITH WINDOWS 10!!!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    TOTALLY FRUSTRATED, CONFUSED AND UPSET WITH WINDOWS 10!!!: I am beyond frustrated trying to use Windows 10. The user name, user code, security code, password for Microsoft Account, password for Local Account, pin, Windows account, Microsoft Account, Local Account, etc. etc. have me totally confused and very, very frustrated! All I...
  8. Macrium Reflex brand new user - totally confused

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflex brand new user - totally confused: After having a dead computer, I'm trying to set up my new one correctly. Seems like everyone loves Macrium, so I downloaded their free version. I also watched on-line tutorials and read lots of posts about it, but I'm way past confused at this point. All I was trying to do to...
  9. Totally Confused -- Has the May Feature Update Been Released?!?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Totally Confused -- Has the May Feature Update Been Released?!?: I have a VivoMini, a ZenBook, a VivoBook (all three Asus), and a Beelink Mini PC. Not one has received the Feature Update, but yesterday all of them got a cumulative update. Aren't I seeing press everywhere about the Feature Update? 133125
  10. Totally confused! Everything is slow!

in Windows 10 Support
    Totally confused! Everything is slow!: I am running windows 10 on an older machine. All browsers are super slow and lag all the time regardless of internet connection speed. A lot of my programs lag as well and if they connect to the internet they often have connectivity issues. What one earth is going on? Only...