Windows 10: Total disk wipe resulted in Windows reinstalling again

Discus and support Total disk wipe resulted in Windows reinstalling again in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hiya. Basically, my Windows became a victim to a huge amount of viruses. I did a disk wipe and somehow when the wipe finished the Windows 10... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by tonišegon, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Total disk wipe resulted in Windows reinstalling again

Hiya. Basically, my Windows became a victim to a huge amount of viruses. I did a disk wipe and somehow when the wipe finished the Windows 10 reinstalled themselves again. My question here is why and how did that happen and is it actually safe to use the clean slate windows that got installed? (I did a full virus check, its apparently clean, but im still paranoid about using all of my info on it, since the viruses where mostly backdoor and info stealing trojans)

:)

tonišegon, Oct 1, 2018

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Total disk wipe resulted in Windows reinstalling again :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Oct 1, 2018
  3. reinstall after upgrade

I have a Surface Pro that originally had Windows 8.1 Pro. I have installed the free Windows 10 upgrade, but I now want to reinstall it. I want to completely wipe my hard drive and install Windows 10. I know this can be done, but I need a list of steps to
    get everything necessary to reinstall Windows 10 (including exporting settings & preferences) and how to wipe my hard drive. Are there any good places to get a good detailed list of steps to do these things? Thanks.

Nathan Sokalski, Oct 1, 2018
  4. Total disk wipe resulted in Windows reinstalling again

How to wipe a hard drive

modder I already used kill-disk. The deletion is done, I need to reinstall everything.

floridajerseyguy, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

Total disk wipe resulted in Windows reinstalling again

1. Total disk wipe resulted in Windows reinstalling again - Similar Threads - Total disk wipe

2. Will Windows reinstall after a PC-wipe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Windows reinstall after a PC-wipe?: I'm looking to wipe/ refresh my PC - been experiencing BSOD and some performance issues. I will not be swapping any hardware, just refreshing, but am curious if Windows will reinstall. I checked Settings > Updates & Security, and do see it digitally linked to my account. Can...
  3. Will Windows reinstall after a PC-wipe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will Windows reinstall after a PC-wipe?: I'm looking to wipe/ refresh my PC - been experiencing BSOD and some performance issues. I will not be swapping any hardware, just refreshing, but am curious if Windows will reinstall. I checked Settings > Updates & Security, and do see it digitally linked to my account. Can...
  4. Will Windows reinstall after a PC-wipe?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Reinstalled Windows, now computer is totally broken.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalled Windows, now computer is totally broken.: I’m pretty inexperienced when it comes to computers and recently I wanted to reinstall windows to clean up my PC entirely. I was running windows 8.1, and i went into settings and pressed the option to reinstall windows without my files. After a while, the reinstall was...
  6. Wiping hard drive and reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wiping hard drive and reinstalling windows: I am currently dealing with a black screen due to and update failure, nothing can fix it tired everything, next step is wipping the hard drive and reinstalling windows using another pc, is there a way I can save my activation on my windows and add it back to the hard drive...
  7. Windows 10 Update Results in a Total System Reset

Windows 10 Update Results in a Total System Reset: Yesterday Windows automatically underwent a major upgrade, I assume from 1903 to 2004. After a few reboots, I logged into my account to find that the system was totally reset, like out of the box. All of my custom settings were reset. The library links were not connected to...
  8. reinstall windows without wiping data

reinstall windows without wiping data: I'll start off with saying I'm an idiot for not backing up my files before my pc crashed and gave me the blue screen of death. Is there a way to reinstall windows and still keep my files on my hard drive? Can I use the installation media from a usb without wiping my computer?...
  9. Before a total Reinstall

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Before a total Reinstall: Hi, Mum cannot login to her laptop !!! I upgraded the laptop to Win 10 Pro 64 bit as part of the free Win 10 rollout 2 years ago, creating an admin account for Mum. There is also a standard account for her daughter. Sure enough when I checked it, the known password...
  10. OEM Windows is broken. Should I repair or wipe disk and start again?

in Windows 10 Support
    OEM Windows is broken. Should I repair or wipe disk and start again?: Yesterday I took delivery of a Lenovo Yoga 710. It got off to an immediate bad start when it got stuck as I setting up my user account and I had to force a reboot. Then I found that file sharing was broken due to permission problems even though I spent hours and hours posting...