Windows 10: Total failure of Windows Ten.

Discus and support Total failure of Windows Ten. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm , I live in Holland and am new to this forum and have a huge, unoverseeable problem with the ACER laptop I bought a year ago with Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Knarph, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Knarph Win User

Total failure of Windows Ten.

Hi, I'm , I live in Holland and am new to this forum and have a huge, unoverseeable problem with the ACER laptop I bought a year ago with Windows 10 pre-installed on it. A huge problem.

Let me give you some examples:
    1 - When I click on the little window up on the taskbar, nothing happens.
    2 - I can not use WIFI because I don't get a list of nearby providers.
    3 - Most of the 'settings' pages don't appear.
    4 - When I try to update Windows, the update gets downloaded but are not being implemented in any way
    5 - When I try to restore to the factory settings W10 crashes.
    6 - When I try to download W10 in order to completelely re-install it, it gets downloaded, the install procedure starts up and gives the all-clear, my computer crashes at 92% and after rebooting it says that all the changes made will be undone so I'm back at square one.
    7 - W10 third-party software does not at all or hardly works. (Canon Utilities for instance) Not even when it is specifically written for W10/64-bit.
    8 - The problem solver has never been able to identify any problem, let alone solve it.

This is just a small part of my usual frustrations because I can not use my laptop due to its constant failure. And the daily rage it produces is killing me, my friends and family on a daily base. I even can not get rid of W10 because it's somehow interwoven with the BIOS so (according to the selling company) I can not re-partition or even re-format the main drive in order to freshly install Windows 7.
    In fact, I can't install any alternative for W10, so I'm stuck with an expensive, yet totally corrupted and failing laptop.
    I would like to show some screenshots but I can't because this feature also doesn't work.
    Any suggestions, apart from buying a big ax to satisfactorily reduce my laptop to a pile of very small parts?

Thank you, also on behalf of my (ex-) friends and loved ones,
    Frank Heuvelman, the Netherlands.

Additional info:
    Operating system: Windows Ten, Home Edition.
    Version: 10.0.18362 Build 18362.
    Computer: Acer Asphire A315-51
    BIOS Version: 3.0 /UEFI modus.

:)

Knarph, Jan 12, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 12, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 12, 2020
  4. jasonjef Win User

Total Failure to Install Windows 10

I had this same issue trying to upgrade an 8.1 installation, and reading this post (good stuff Andre Da Costa, others, thanks) along with other browsing, due to the various suggestions I took the following steps:

• ensured the CPU/BIOS had PAE, NX, SSE2 enabled
    • system updates, non-essential apps removed, run CCleaner again
    • closed all open apps and disabled them from starting on reboot
    • disabled all non-MS automatic-start services
    • expanded the hidden/private system reserved partition - I bet this is essential, I couldn't get out of the install without doing this the first time (expanded from 297 to 350). For future attempts I expanded it to almost 1 GB and it used >400, so this tweak
      seems essential for any chance at success
    • disconnected from the internet
    • disconnected peripherals except USB mouse and keyboard (and not via a USB hub, instead plugged directly into PC)
    • cleared out Windows\Prefetch and {user}\appdata\local\temp folders
    None of that worked. The same thing would happen ('first phase, data migration' #fail).

Steps suggested that I did not try:

• disabling .NET 3.5
    • disconnecting the internal D:\ drive
    I ultimately ended up creating a new partition and installing to there and it worked. I should have done that in the first place but I didn't want to reinstall everything else etc. The clean install yielded its own problems but I wanted to report back here
    what I tried so the next person has the info. Thanks!

jasonjef, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Total failure of Windows Ten. - Similar Threads - Total failure Ten

2. 4.7.2 Net framework install failure for windows ten

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    4.7.2 Net framework install failure for windows ten: i have attempted to install it but a quarter through it just says .NET framework has not been installed because of catastrophic failure https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/472-net-framework-install-failure-for-windows-ten/41718fc4-f111-4691-95e9-c1ce98c8ecd9
  3. 4.7.2 Net framework install failure for windows ten

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4.7.2 Net framework install failure for windows ten: i have attempted to install it but a quarter through it just says .NET framework has not been installed because of catastrophic failure https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/472-net-framework-install-failure-for-windows-ten/41718fc4-f111-4691-95e9-c1ce98c8ecd9
  4. 4.7.2 Net framework install failure for windows ten

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Ten

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Ten: can windows ten be transferred to another motherboard if the old motherboard that failed is different. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-ten/8332a453-0dfd-4a35-8fc9-d6f1cdbc2b2a
  6. Windows Ten

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Ten: I have shut down my computer as normal and, when opening again, it appears all my settings, Office and files have disappeared. How can I get back to how it was without actually starting everything again right from the beginning? I just want it back to how it was this morning....
  7. Windows App Store Total Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows App Store Total Failure: I am running Windows 10, 1909 build that came from an upgrade, to my knowledge. After every refresh, every clean install, the app store doesn't work. AT ALL. No store, no apps, not even the calculator works. Click, button depresses, no actions in the computer or event...
  8. Windows Ten

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Ten: When I scan a paper, to email it to my family, I use the PDF icon. When I had Windows 7, the program automatically put a copy of the scanned page in my document folder. When I perform the same task in Windows ten I can't find a copy of the scanned paper anywhere. Does it...
  9. Windows ten

in Cortana
    Windows ten: hello recently reset my pc and this appeard Does anybod know what it is and how i can fix it thanks [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-ten/0086d953-8719-4a95-9b1a-38ab13e67984"
  10. Windows Ten

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Ten: How can I create a schedule in landscape form. I am using Windows Ten and are new to this system. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-ten/70530d32-24fd-4c09-8cb3-a4e200e73d76