Windows 10: Total identified Windows installations: 0

Discus and support Total identified Windows installations: 0 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Yesterday my system froze up and restarted itself (after a brief flash of a warning that I didn't get to read in time), giving me a BSOD every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tornSails, Jul 24, 2020.

1. tornSails Win User

Total identified Windows installations: 0

Hello,

Yesterday my system froze up and restarted itself (after a brief flash of a warning that I didn't get to read in time), giving me a BSOD every time I try to boot ever since, with the error codes 0xc000000f or 0xc000000e.

Also the message "The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors".

And "File: \Boot\BCD".

I looked up the error codes and found lots of videos and articles on how to fix it. I made a USB boot drive and opened the command prompt. I tried many commands.

I'm sorry I can't provide my Windows version number, since the PC in question won't boot.

bootrec /fixmbr gave the "completed successfully" response, but bootrec /fixboot gave "access denied".

bootrec /scanos returned "Total identified Windows installations: 0", as did bootrec /rebuildbcd.

I had no luck with the diskpart commands either.

I'd really appreciate it if anyone could help me out here. Happy to provide any more details if needed.

Thank you.

:)

tornSails, Jul 24, 2020
  2. SteelnMan Win User

PLEASE HELP!!

I have the same problem with the identified windows installations 0

And im following your steps and when i reach step 4 it tells me:

The store export operation has failed.

The requested system device cannot be found.

What shall I do?!!!

After diskpart list I have only 1 desk which is the USB, and 1 volume and 1 partition!!!

SteelnMan, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Total identified Windows installations: 0

Hello,

These steps actually worked for me. Then I made the mistake to go back and type in the command prompt bootrec / fixmbr

Bootrec / fixboot

And finally bootrec / scanos and find the same error message I had before. Total identified Windows installations:0

After this I tried the same steps that worked as you mention above, but I encounter while trying to rename the bcd as a duplicate file.name exists. Is there another name I could use?

RubiUrrutia, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Total identified Windows installations: 0

what if after completing the entire process it states "total identified windows installations: 0". does that mean i will have to do a fresh re installation of windows 10?

yohancetheodore, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Total identified Windows installations: 0 - Similar Threads - Total identified installations

2. Installation Stuck at 0%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation Stuck at 0%: So I have an Acer Predator laptop which i wanted to factory reset because it wasnt running too well. The reset got stuck at 35% and i decided to switch the laptop off to see what happened. When i turned it back on it open a screen saying “Installing Windows 0%” and it hasn’t...
  3. Total identified windows installations 0 and repeat BCD problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Total identified windows installations 0 and repeat BCD problems: Hello. My Asus laptop has been running on Windows 10. A few months back, it started crashing regularly once every 1-2 weeks citing 0x00000e, 0x00000e9 or 0x00000f errors. I've trobleshooted and found that my crashes was due to a BCD error. So everytime it crashes, I have...
  4. Fixing H: Stage 3: 100% 0 of 0; Total: 99%; ETA: 0:00:00

Fixing H: Stage 3: 100% 0 of 0; Total: 99%; ETA: 0:00:00: My pc Lenovo was very slow for week espicially today, I decided to restart it and then start fixing then it stuck at this stage: Fixing H: Stage 3: 100% 0 of 0; Total: 99%; ETA: 0:00:00 It took 12 hours and I am still waiting. what is the best solition? Thanks...
  5. Fixing C: Stage 1 : 0% 2491 of 1246464; Total: 0%; ETA: 189:37:33 ...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fixing C: Stage 1 : 0% 2491 of 1246464; Total: 0%; ETA: 189:37:33 ...: My computer locked up so I restarted it and got Fixing C: Stage 1 : 0% 2491 of 1246464; Total: 0%; ETA: 189:37:21 ... At first it said 9 hours but now it says 7.88 days. Is there any way to skip this or do I have to wait over a week....
  6. Windows 10 installation, disk 0 has 0 mb

Windows 10 installation, disk 0 has 0 mb: I'm gonna start from the beginning, I wanted to set up dual booting with windows 10 which i already had and with linux. Somewhere along the line it messed up and partioned my hard drive replacing windows 10 with linux. I then tried to reinstall windows 10 off of a USB that...
  7. fixing C: stage 3: 100% 0 of 0; Total: 99%; ETA: 0:00:00.

fixing C: stage 3: 100% 0 of 0; Total: 99%; ETA: 0:00:00.: My PC was running very slowly and I was unable to really get to a regular power off so I had to do a manual shut down. When I turned the computer back on I was greeted with the automatic disk check and repair. I'm currently at the state of the title fixing C: stage 3: 100% 0...
  8. Installing Windows 10, stuck at 0%

Installing Windows 10, stuck at 0%: I'm installing Windows 10 for my mum. I followed all the steps and got to the installing screen where it says to not turn off the computer and that it will restart several times. It has been at 0% for over 3 hours now. Any suggestions?...
  9. Identifying installed RAM on Window10

Identifying installed RAM on Window10: Hi, Recently, I have installed another 4GB RAM on My LAPTOP. Unfortunately, I couldn't able to identify that new installed RAM on WINDOWS10. I am using OS -Up to date. in system Properties still it showing 4GB RAM instead of 8GB. please guide me how to resolve the...
  10. Windows BCD error/ "Total Identified Windows installations: 0/ Windows 10 automatic repair loop

Windows BCD error/ "Total Identified Windows installations: 0/ Windows 10 automatic repair loop: Please help me, no matter what I do it seems like everything keeps getting worse. It started one day when I wanted to switch back to Windows 7. Had got my CD and put it in my computer to start the installation (had to boot on the CD) but I got an error during the copying...