Windows 10: Total Permissions rest for windows 10 default premissions

Discus and support Total Permissions rest for windows 10 default premissions in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello I was trying to learn how to reset permissions on Windows 10 under advanced security. The owner of my C: was not my name it was listed as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jonathan Lee jlee102, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Total Permissions rest for windows 10 default premissions

Hello I was trying to learn how to reset permissions on Windows 10 under advanced security. The owner of my C: was not my name it was listed as Trustedinstaller, I wanted to correct this and made a change to my username that is the Administrator. Once this completed I was locked out of my task bar. I tried to use Icalcs to reset the permissions but this does not work.

Total Permissions rest for windows 10 default premissions 39195e7d-53c6-4c40-9b4d-22bb42064609?upload=true.png

went to test a total reset

Total Permissions rest for windows 10 default premissions a4049d9e-a955-4fd1-b6fe-ee7e3d335100?upload=true.png

preformed icacls reset in powershell to test this functionality seems it fails for windows 10

Total Permissions rest for windows 10 default premissions 6f063ce5-4145-47fd-9f96-ce99943e9ec5?upload=true.png

It ran perfectly to test this functionality

however..... no more task bar...

Total Permissions rest for windows 10 default premissions c9f91379-0623-47a3-b475-8f13d5dcc697?upload=true.png

I ran SFC /scann now this did not fix it also reset the taskbar with powershell.

where is a total premission reset to default admin and users of windows. If this fails why do we have the option to change this under all of C:?

what is the reason we can change and take control of this over trusted installer if it causes system critical issues?

:)

Jonathan Lee jlee102, Sep 15, 2020
  2. Solaris17 Win User

Windows 10 permissions...

How is the NAS on windows 10 Pro? Is it software or a share? Did you check ntfs vs share permissions?

Solaris17, Sep 15, 2020
  3. cdawall Win User
    Windows 10 permissions...

Ok so I feel officially dumb I am trying to copy my steam library to my NAS. Both are on windows 10 pro and both have full control in the file manager. Neither windows nor fast copy will allow me to copy, both list a permissions error? This was never an issue with windows 7...so first off thank you microsoft god forbid I want to back up my data, second off what the heck do I need to do to make this work. All I could fine online was to set full control and that obviously didn't help.

Also robocopy doesn't apparently work with network locations?

cdawall, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Total Permissions rest for windows 10 default premissions

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Total Permissions rest for windows 10 default premissions

1. Total Permissions rest for windows 10 default premissions - Similar Threads - Total Permissions rest

2. Resetting ALL permissions to default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting ALL permissions to default: I have been silly and played with the security settings on my Windows 11 laptopIs there some way to return ALL to a new build status ?ie Default everything without carrying out a rebuildI am being blocked from using many programs such as Ancestry/FTM because I am unable to...
  3. To Reset Default user permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    To Reset Default user permissions: I want to reset all default permissions to my pc please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/to-reset-default-user-permissions/13ef7e2e-fad5-40f3-8b3c-f4beb09150f1
  4. File permissions totally messed up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File permissions totally messed up: I was transferring data from my ssd to another computer, so I plugged in my ssd to another computer using an external drive. When I tried to access the ssd, it gave me "you don't currently have permission to access this folder" so I clicked continue to get permanent access....
  5. Total Permissions reset for Windows 10 default permissions on local drive C:\. Icacls.exe...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Total Permissions reset for Windows 10 default permissions on local drive C:\. Icacls.exe...: Hello I was trying to learn how to reset permissions on Windows 10 under advanced security. The owner of my C: was not my name it was listed as Trustedinstaller, I wanted to correct this and made a change to my username that is the Administrator. Once this completed I was...
  6. Default drive permissions

Default drive permissions: Greetings, Was trying to move some Steam games from C: drive to my D: drive but got the "Failed to add new Steam library folder" issue. So a quick Google search result told me that I have to go to the 'Security' tab on my D: drive and choose which 'User' I was and choose...
  7. Chnage default permission for user group in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chnage default permission for user group in Windows 10: Hello, I created a user group (with the Test name). How do I change(or set) default permission for this group? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chnage-default-permission-for-user-group-in/1e19cb02-f561-42c4-80d0-3c90b1e4ec19"
  8. total 146GB , remaining 137GB ,but where is the rest?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    total 146GB , remaining 137GB ,but where is the rest?: Used space 8.21 GB. However, no file is found, it's a partition, I don't know how to show up all the hidden files, how? 134938
  9. Folder permissions, windows search engine permissions, default permissions.

Folder permissions, windows search engine permissions, default permissions.: Something around one year ago the permissions on my pc were changed by something and I have encountered many problems since. Generally, the default system permissions were changed somewhere in my main partition C:\ causing problems while installing software (installers...
  10. Is there a default for User Permission settings?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is there a default for User Permission settings?: As a less than knowledgeable computer user I stupidly changed my User "Permission Allow" check marks. I now get a "failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access denied." Of coarse I didn't write down what was originally checked off in the "Allow" box. Would there...