Windows 10: Total system lock up

Discus and support Total system lock up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, I have a custom built PC that seems to have quite a unique issue. (Or so google thinks) I am unable to load anything other than the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Frigid, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Frigid Win User

Total system lock up

Hello all,

I have a custom built PC that seems to have quite a unique issue. (Or so google thinks)

I am unable to load anything other than the bios. When i attempt to boot into windows the computer locks up. When i attempt to choose the repair computer in boot options it shows the windows logo, then the spinning dots and locks up. I attempt to load into the windows setup and the same follows. Spinning dots and locks up. I am currently attempting to format the usb with windows 10 i used to install windows in the first place however i fear more of the same will follow.

Could there be a fix for such an issue?

If more information required just ask.

:)

Frigid, Oct 19, 2016
  2. DonTolson Win User

windows phone totally locked up

Hi Sue... I understand -- this sounds really frustrating.

Just so I can get some background. Which model of Lumia are you using? 950, 930, 650?

Is it just a stock one with the normal O/S, or are you enrolled in the Insider program?

After a hard reset, it sounds like the phone boots up OK, then gets to the page where it asks what language you want the phone to operate in? What language does it default to? Do you have a SIM card installed? When you tap on the language to change it,
    does anything happen? no list of languages to scroll through?

Let us know some more info, so we can help.

DonTolson, Oct 19, 2016
  3. windows phone totally locked up

i have a lumina windows phone for less than a month and it is totally locked up it tried to open an e mail and has gone down hill from there now it is in airplane mode and has eaten the battery over night i have removed the battery to rest it nothing still
    stuck hard rest set 3 times still stuck it will open to the load page and ask which languge but you can not choice and the airplane is still in the upper left hand corner i am one of the few people i know who really like the phone and now the company i have
    service with says they can not help and i have to buy a mew phone this one is only 29 days old HELP

suehenry1950, Oct 19, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Total system lock up

Hi, do you mean you have tried to boot from a Win 10 bootable medium and this fails too?

If you haven't tried that, please do so.
    If you have, please try removing your drive and booting from an external medium (e.g. DVD or flash drive).

History:
    What happened prior to this? e.g. my PC was working normally and suddenly the power cut out... there was an update... etc

Also please complete your system specs- we don't even know if this is a laptop or a desktop.
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Oct 20, 2016
Thema:

Total system lock up

1. Total system lock up - Similar Threads - Total system lock

2. System freeze up, no BSOD. Just total lock up Minidump included

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System freeze up, no BSOD. Just total lock up Minidump included: Hey All, I am having a very hard time debugging this issue. My system is locking up fully randomly, often when I have a youtube video playing, and a game open at the same time. Now I will list my system specs. This should not be an issue at all for my system.I run two...
  3. System freeze up, no BSOD. Just total lock up Minidump included

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System freeze up, no BSOD. Just total lock up Minidump included: Hey All, I am having a very hard time debugging this issue. My system is locking up fully randomly, often when I have a youtube video playing, and a game open at the same time. Now I will list my system specs. This should not be an issue at all for my system.I run two...
  4. System freeze up, no BSOD. Just total lock up Minidump included

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Total Lock Up since Windows 10 2004 update

Total Lock Up since Windows 10 2004 update: I have a new Asus Gamers Republic laptop I don't have much on it I only watch netflix, hulu, check email and FB and play asphalt 9 and DAOC and also I use Discord but Asphalt 9 updated and would not open without new update windows 10 2004 and since update I can open...
  6. system locks up until reboot

in Cortana
    system locks up until reboot: after W10 upgrade installation upon turning on the system all works fine, if I leave the work station and computer goes into sleep mode It become locked and I can not use the machine again without rebooting ... the system locks in in cortina and must be rebooted.?...
  7. Windows 10 update 1903 BSOD's and PC total lock up

Windows 10 update 1903 BSOD's and PC total lock up: As said in the title, I have been experiencing Total lock up on my pc, that was only twice but the BSOD's are of my main concern as when I moved from 1806 to 1903 it has become a prominent issue, I personally believe that it was because of the windows update as it makes no...
  8. System Lock Ups

System Lock Ups: Been trying to troubleshoot this for a while now. Occasional system lock ups, happens mostly when gaming, but has also happened while web browsing. Complete freeze, have to hard reset (no alt-f4, no task manager,etc). Things I have tried: Have run multiple memtest86+...
  9. Total system freeze/lock-up consistantly after 5 min idle

Total system freeze/lock-up consistantly after 5 min idle: Ever since (several times updated) v1703 my HP 840 EliteBook with powerful correct SSD and continually updated everything (incl. all drivers) will totally freeze/lock-up the entire system including the clock after 5 minutes idle (moving the cursor will reset the time limit)....
  10. System lock ups randomly.

in Windows 10 Support
    System lock ups randomly.: Ok, I have done everything I know how to do and am completely at a loss now. My pc consist of the following parts: CPU:6700k GPU: EVGA 980 TI SC. MB Asus Z170PRO RAM 16gb DDR4 SSD/HDD: Samsung 840 Pro 512 - WD Black Edition 2TB. Temps on the pc are amazing they idle...