Windows 10: Total War: Three Kingdoms tile on the start menu has a lighter shade background for some reason

Discus and support Total War: Three Kingdoms tile on the start menu has a lighter shade background for some reason in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/NoCommentGameplay [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NoCommentGameplay, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Total War: Three Kingdoms tile on the start menu has a lighter shade background for some reason

/u/NoCommentGameplay, Aug 10, 2020
  2. Aakster Win User

Give Office 2016 Start Menu Tiles Colored Backgrounds

After upgrading to Office 2016, I have noticed that the start menu tiles lost their colorful backgrounds and were reverted back to the accent color. Here is how to fix that so the tiles have colored backgrounds.

This guide shows you go to go from this:
    Attachment 113103
    To this:
    Attachment 113105

Step 1
    Navigate to your Start Menu folder
    Typically can be found at: "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"

Step 2
    Find the shortcut for one of the Office suite apps and rename it to anything you want.

Step 3
    Reopen the Start Menu, the page will refresh and the tile will now be colored (assuming you have pinned it on the front page)

Step 4 (Optional)
    Rename the shortcut back to its original name, the tile will still remain colored.

Enjoy *Wink

Aakster, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Prophecy Win User
    Start menu seems to have changed to a very lighter shade than taskbar?

Hello everyone!

I have a unique problem, I found a few random posts about it but each one had no replies for support.

After installing the recent fall update for the Creators Update on October 17, my start menu has automatically changed to a very light shade of the taskbar color.

I understand it's naturally lighter, but mine has turned extremely light grey compared to the dark taskbar. Messing around with all the colors and themes does nothing. Changing my taskbar color will then change my start menu the same but it will turn the color to a very very light shade of the taskbar.

It's very strange indeed. Did the creators update naturally lighten up the start menu color? Or is there anyways to manually edit the start menu color only to get close to the same shade as the taskbar? I could try posting screen shots, because normal taskbars are usually blackish while the start menu is very similar, yet mine is now extremely light grey.

Prophecy, Aug 10, 2020
  4. 田一鸣 Win User

Total War: Three Kingdoms tile on the start menu has a lighter shade background for some reason

windows 10 start menu some icons have lighter background color

I just bought an SB2, 15 inches.

But its start menu made me uncomfortable, some icons have a lighter background color.

Check the Microsoft Store App, and the Surface app. They were in the same background color on my SP3.

田一鸣, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Total War: Three Kingdoms tile on the start menu has a lighter shade background for some reason

1. Total War: Three Kingdoms tile on the start menu has a lighter shade background for some reason - Similar Threads - Total War Three

2. screen got lighter shade than what it was before

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen got lighter shade than what it was before: i was copy and pasting some text to send to my friend and then i must have pressed an additonal key because my screen got lighter, the screen did not increase or decrease in brightness the colors got lighter, my blacks became gray, my cool **** breaking bad backround became a...
  3. screen got lighter shade than what it was before

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen got lighter shade than what it was before: i was copy and pasting some text to send to my friend and then i must have pressed an additonal key because my screen got lighter, the screen did not increase or decrease in brightness the colors got lighter, my blacks became gray, my cool **** breaking bad backround became a...
  4. Total War Three Kingdoms keeps crashing or minimizing on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Total War Three Kingdoms keeps crashing or minimizing on Windows PC: [ATTACH]Total War: Three Kingdoms is one of the best real-life tactic games. It creates a world of its own, and for a lot of gamers, it’s their game. However, the game has been crashing on a lot of systems with different configurations, but not anymore, in this article, we...
  5. Regarding Background of the tiles in start menu

Regarding Background of the tiles in start menu: Hello everyone ! I had a small issue with the bacground colour of a tile of 'Google Chrome' in my sart menu. Sometime pictures explain problems better than words so here's how it look's like. Please tell me how can i change the background of this tile and make it match with...
  6. 20H2 Start Menu App Tiles Background Color

20H2 Start Menu App Tiles Background Color: So after updating to 20H2 the default color of app tiles in the Start Menu changed. Previously, things looked like the Theme settings preview (see first image). Now, however, App Tiles are just Dark Gray on a Black background. I know that it is possible to have different...
  7. 20H2 Start Menu App Tiles Background Color

in Windows 10 Support
    20H2 Start Menu App Tiles Background Color: So after updating to 20H2 the default color of app tiles in the Start Menu changed. Previously, things looked like the Theme settings preview (see first image). Now, however, App Tiles are just Dark Gray on a Black background. I know that it is possible to have different...
  8. Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles have Lighter Coloured Tiles, Inconsistent Shaded Tiles.

Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles have Lighter Coloured Tiles, Inconsistent Shaded Tiles.: On my start menu some of the tiles are coloured differently than the rest. in dark mode they are brighter and on light mode there are different tiles which are again brighter. I do not mind this but I would like to fix it if there is a fix. in the image below you can see a...
  9. Star Wars Empire At War stopped working for some reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Star Wars Empire At War stopped working for some reason: I was playing all last week on star wars empire at war and its expansion pack. when I tried to load it up today and get this error 'This application is not compatible with the installed operation system. Please upgrade to Windows 98SE, Windows 2000 or better' I have tried...
  10. Start menu seems to have changed to a very lighter shade than taskbar?

Start menu seems to have changed to a very lighter shade than taskbar?: Hello everyone! I have a unique problem, I found a few random posts about it but each one had no replies for support. After installing the recent fall update for the Creators Update on October 17, my start menu has automatically changed to a very light shade of the...