Windows 10: TotalAV blocking home network

Discus and support TotalAV blocking home network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have uninstalled TotalAV because it started blocking my home network. Now it's still blocking it and Ican't get on the internet. Evidently there is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rmcarrasco, Sep 15, 2021.

1. TotalAV blocking home network

I have uninstalled TotalAV because it started blocking my home network. Now it's still blocking it and Ican't get on the internet. Evidently there is still something on my system that uninstalling did not remove. Help!

:)

rmcarrasco, Sep 15, 2021
  2. __AW__ Win User

What do i do after i uninstall TotalAV

Download Autoruns:

Autoruns for Windows - Windows Sysinternals

• Extract the files to their own folder. Right click on Autoruns.exe and Run as administrator.
    • When it finishes processing, go to menu item Options and select Hide Microsoft Entries.
    • Select the Explorer tab and you should see context menu handlers for TotalAV.
    • Right click TotalAV entries and Delete.

You may need to restart (not shutdown) for the changes to take effect.

Let me know if you have any problem.

__AW__, Sep 15, 2021
  3. What do i do after i uninstall TotalAV

Hi, have you try to follow the steps I given in order to remove TotalAv in context menu?

Thank you.

Sherwin [SF], Sep 15, 2021
  4. TotalAV blocking home network

Block File sharing in Wifi network, Windows 10

Hi Lori,

As per the description, I understand that you want to block file sharing on your Wi-Fi network. I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Start and select Control Panel.
    • Change the view type to Large Icons.
    • Click on Network and Sharing center.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Advanced sharing center.
    • In the right pane, under Files and printer sharing, select the option:
      Turn off file and printer sharing.
    • Restart the system and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

TotalAV blocking home network

1. TotalAV blocking home network - Similar Threads - TotalAV blocking home

2. Is TotalAV a good Antivirus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is TotalAV a good Antivirus?: I currently use Malwarebytes the free one for scans and etc. Recently it has removed a Trojan, but I want to make sure, and have on demand scanning that could be better. I've seen recommendations for TotalAV and just want to make sure that it is not a scam and is better than...
  3. Network Blocked Or something

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Blocked Or something: When i try updating my pc i get the messages "Windows couldn't connect you to the update service, please try connecting an internet" and i have a full working internet. Alot of websites give me the same message "The connection is reset" and i cant go on the website. I cant...
  4. Network Blocked Or something

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Blocked Or something: When i try updating my pc i get the messages "Windows couldn't connect you to the update service, please try connecting an internet" and i have a full working internet. Alot of websites give me the same message "The connection is reset" and i cant go on the website. I cant...
  5. TotalAV - BEWARE

TotalAV - BEWARE: TotalAV is a DUD! BEWARE!If you get sucked into it, and want to remove it from your computer, use SAFE MODE in Windows 10.That's the only method that works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/totalav-beware/7aac1085-b9ad-4bbb-a334-6c62438a8899
  6. Uninstall TotalAV

Uninstall TotalAV: I want to completely remove Total AV from my computer. Do help me please! Thank you in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/uninstall-totalav/aa11555d-ad66-42df-b3f8-45ea91c701de
  7. TotalAV - is it good? Window 10

TotalAV - is it good? Window 10: A few weeks ago. I was having issues with MBAM Premium and an expert here suggested that I replace it with the Free Version. I went to CNET and it seems that the free version for Windows 10 no longer exists - there are freetrials but not the free product. I searched using...
  8. Windows10 home blocks wi-fi on public network

Windows10 home blocks wi-fi on public network: Windows10 home blocks wi-fi on public network. For example in the library or school. At home all works ok. Public network Windows10 home blocks wi-fi on public Windows10 home blocks wi-fi. But at home all works OK. It gets redirected saying, its older and unsafe. Doesn't...
  9. TotalAV

TotalAV: How do I get Total AV off of my computer. I do not know how to delete it. It is driving me crazy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/totalav/e4e3d80a-6b8a-4160-9189-e75bf78be89a
  10. Windows Defender Domain Firewall blocks my home network

Windows Defender Domain Firewall blocks my home network: For no reason that I can figure out, my home network stopped working. I got the 'you don't have permission' message. The only way I could get it to work was to turn off the Windows Defender Domain Firewall. Both the Private and Public firewalls are still on. It is just a...