Windows 10: Totally confused! Everything is slow!

Discus and support Totally confused! Everything is slow! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am running windows 10 on an older machine. All browsers are super slow and lag all the time regardless of internet connection speed. A lot of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pr369, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Pr369 Win User

Totally confused! Everything is slow!

I am running windows 10 on an older machine. All browsers are super slow and lag all the time regardless of internet connection speed. A lot of my programs lag as well and if they connect to the internet they often have connectivity issues. What one earth is going on? Only games I've been able to get to function half way normal is age empires 1 and 2 but even that has issues. The game changes the cursor and the damn thing always blinks and more than half the time can't be seen. Help! This is beyond me!

:)

Pr369, Jan 29, 2017

2. Totally Confused with Email

Hi Cole,

Please reply with the below information to know more about the issue:

• Are you trying to create third user account in the mail app?
    • Which email account have you configured with two accounts (live mail, outlook or Gmail etc)?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Method 2: I suggest you to run the app troubleshooter from the below article and check if it helps.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jan 29, 2017
  3. farby Win User
    Total Map Confusion

Further to the post by Sheldrick ...

What version of Firmware you are with ? The latest firmware has the Nokia Maps v 3.06. So check first if yoou have the firmware update available. If there is then I suggest, you Soft Reset the phone by dialing *#7370# followed by 12345 (Default code unless
    changed by you..) when prompted. This will erase all data from the phone memory..so Back-up important data before performing the reset.

This will bring the phone back to Out-of Box state barring the Firmware.. Restore the data and install ONLY those applications again that you really need.

farby, Jan 29, 2017
  4. Pr369 Win User

I am starting to think windows 10 is straight garbage and will never work. Probably shift to XP! Can't stand 7, don't like 8 and apparently windows 10 is broken.

Pr369, Jan 29, 2017
  5. Berton Win User
    It would be a mighty big help if you'd fill in "My System Specs" below left so we volunteers could get some idea of what your performance should be like. Very difficult to diagnose or suggest solutions otherwise. Myself, I like Win10, have the RTM version running on 2 Desktops and several Notebooks along with Insider Preview on 2 Desktops. Also have a Win7 Desktop running but only for the occasion a client has a question.

Berton, Jan 29, 2017
  6. AddRAM Win User
    Seriously, how can you expect us to help you without having any idea of what you`re using.

Can`t stand Windows 7 ???????? OMG *Doh*Redcarded

AddRAM, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Totally confused! Everything is slow! - Similar Threads - Totally confused Everything

2. Totally confused about user accounts/can't delete user account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Totally confused about user accounts/can't delete user account.: My Dad gifted me a laptop he is no longer using. He has all his files and said I can delete all of his content off the computer. I'd like to basically start it from scratch. Using his credentials, I set up a new user account for myself and made myself an administrator. I...
  3. Total confusion.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Total confusion.: Hello! This one is a bit of a doozy.I recently I used a program to transfer a huge chunk of data from my old pc about 200~ GB to my new one. The issues are as followsI had less then 200 GB already in my new computer max 936 GB but when it finished transferring I ended up with...
  4. Everything extremely slow suddenly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Everything extremely slow suddenly: My laptop was running fine up until about 2 days ago. Now it is extremely slow with everything including task manager and settings. Restarting doesn't help at all and I haven't installed anything recently. I've had malwarebytes do a full scan and it found nothing. The task...
  5. TOTALLY FRUSTRATED, CONFUSED AND UPSET WITH WINDOWS 10!!!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    TOTALLY FRUSTRATED, CONFUSED AND UPSET WITH WINDOWS 10!!!: I am beyond frustrated trying to use Windows 10. The user name, user code, security code, password for Microsoft Account, password for Local Account, pin, Windows account, Microsoft Account, Local Account, etc. etc. have me totally confused and very, very frustrated! All I...
  6. Macrium Reflex brand new user - totally confused

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflex brand new user - totally confused: After having a dead computer, I'm trying to set up my new one correctly. Seems like everyone loves Macrium, so I downloaded their free version. I also watched on-line tutorials and read lots of posts about it, but I'm way past confused at this point. All I was trying to do to...
  7. Everything is So Slow!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Everything is So Slow!!!: I purchased a Windows 10 HP laptop back in March. I moved out of my parents place in the middle of April and did not go back to get the rest of my things until today. I'm so happy I finally got my laptop back, but when I went to turn it on everything was so slow. I'm assuming...
  8. Totally Confused -- Has the May Feature Update Been Released?!?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Totally Confused -- Has the May Feature Update Been Released?!?: I have a VivoMini, a ZenBook, a VivoBook (all three Asus), and a Beelink Mini PC. Not one has received the Feature Update, but yesterday all of them got a cumulative update. Aren't I seeing press everywhere about the Feature Update? 133125
  9. Everything is confused in boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Everything is confused in boot: OK so issue is difficult so ill describe event. Went to bed, powered off computer as usual. Went to turn it on in the morning, green screen. Fltmgr File System was the stop code. Contacted Microsoft support in 3 different chats. That was no help as i think they Google...
  10. Windows Defender slowing everything

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender slowing everything: We have had 4-5 users over the last 2 business days reporting extreme system slowness all of a sudden. This appears to be cause by the ‘antimalware service executeable’ in task manager, using high CPU and Disk write capacity (up to 150MB/s). This makes our affected laptops...