Windows 10: totally deleting windows 10 and do a clean istall of windows 7

Discus and support totally deleting windows 10 and do a clean istall of windows 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought a new laptop which, unfortunately, has windows 10 on it. I can't stand trying to figure out how windows 10 works. I want to wipe it off my PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Stan JR2, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Stan JR2 Win User

totally deleting windows 10 and do a clean istall of windows 7

I bought a new laptop which, unfortunately, has windows 10 on it. I can't stand trying to figure out how windows 10 works. I want to wipe it off my PC and then install a fresh windows 7 disc. Please provide directions / instructions on how to do this efficiently.

Thanks for your time!

Stan

:)

Stan JR2, Sep 4, 2018

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Sep 6, 2018
  3. BulldogXX Win User

If you're okay with ...

• voiding your warranty;
    • losing access to manufacturer technical support;
    • losing the other software that was installed on your computer;
    • using an operating system that's not nearly as secure;

and your're sure that ...

• Windows 7 has driver support for your hardware; and
    • you know how to successfully perform a clean install of Windows 7

then you can
    download the Windows 7 ISO
    , purchase a Windows 7 license from an authorized reseller, and commence your clean install.

Personally, I think your time is better spent learning how to use Windows 10, but that's not my decision to make.

BulldogXX, Sep 6, 2018
  4. MoonPig Win User

Help with deleting a Windows 7 partition.

Hey,

So recently my boot decided to have the option between "Windows 7" and "Windows 7" on startup... The first one gives me an error, the second is my actual Windows 7 install.

I need to know which to delete on this list, so that i don't have to watch my boot... haha.

This is it:

totally deleting windows 10 and do a clean istall of windows 7 Untitled.png

Thanks.

MoonPig, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. totally deleting windows 10 and do a clean istall of windows 7 - Similar Threads - totally deleting clean

2. How do I do a 'clean install' for Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I do a 'clean install' for Windows 7?: I had downloaded Windows 10 but I still prefer Windows 7 and I have the Original USB installation stick to reload Windows 7. I'm not sure if I have to use a Command prompt and Format C: or if I can just use the BIOS and boot from USB. I just want it to work properly with no...
  3. How do I do a 'clean install' for Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I do a 'clean install' for Windows 7?: I had downloaded Windows 10 but I still prefer Windows 7 and I have the Original USB installation stick to reload Windows 7. I'm not sure if I have to use a Command prompt and Format C: or if I can just use the BIOS and boot from USB. I just want it to work properly with no...
  4. clean install windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    clean install windows 7: my name is DavidMy computer crashed and Microsoft informed me it was fake now there are some MS pages that won't load, and I don't have MS store and I've tried it all and something keeps happening to keep me from fixing the rest of windows 7 pro it took me 3 days and a boot...
  5. app istall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    app istall: how do i put care.com app from google play on my windows 10 pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-istall/74e09e5b-9a85-4c28-958e-abc8b418f7cd
  6. how istall pevious version of window 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how istall pevious version of window 10: sir i want to install previous version of window now i have using window10 version1803 but do not work properly in my device so i want to install old version please help me...
  7. abnormal istallation

abnormal istallation: WHY IS REQUIRED ABNORMAL INSTALLATION IN DESKTOP? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/abnormal-istallation/45ee0a3c-6a83-4be3-85a5-9bb2f2be2076
  8. Windows 10 Pro clean istall

Windows 10 Pro clean istall: I just built a new pc and now I am ready to install windows 10 pro, which I bought from Microsoft. I have a download link and a product key. My question is how do I get to the download link on a pc which doesn't have any thing on it. I would need a browser to get to my email...
  9. Cleaning Windows 7

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cleaning Windows 7: Apart form CCleaner I use commands in command prompt (elevated) cleanmgr/sagerun:1 and %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c Cleanmgr /sageset:65535 & Cleanmgr /sagerun:65535 My system runs very well so is this enough or do I need to use anything else ? Steph *Smile...
  10. Clean istalling Windows 10 from a dual boot system

Clean istalling Windows 10 from a dual boot system: Currently I have a dual boot system with Win 7 and Win 10. I want to remove Windows 7 from my main drive. Since I want to do that, I thought I'd completely redo my system by formatting all my drives and do clean install Windows 10. Is there going to be any problem, like no...