Windows 10: Totally empty Start Menu in panel mode

Discus and support Totally empty Start Menu in panel mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello All, I have encountered this strange behavior with my start menu. While in full screen mode all works fine, but in panel classic mode it does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Branislav Duchoň, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Totally empty Start Menu in panel mode

Hello All,

I have encountered this strange behavior with my start menu. While in full screen mode all works fine, but in panel classic mode it does not show anything. Only power button, but when the task bar is on the bottom of the screen as my default, its not even there. Can be seen in second picture

Totally empty Start Menu in panel mode c96e0fc3-c9c9-4c7e-a747-dff712a6f179?upload=true.png

Pressing windows key and typing works normaly:

Totally empty Start Menu in panel mode 90b3b690-d38e-42ee-9760-a166ed9458b4?upload=true.png

Does anybody have any ideas how to fix this?

It started some time ago and I can't time match it with any changes to the system.

Start menu on second admin account works normally.

:)

Branislav Duchoň, Feb 7, 2020

2. windows 10 control panel

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you want to know how to access the control panel in Windows 10?

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to try the following steps to open the Control Panel in the system.

Step 1: Opening Control Panel in Windows 10.

• Open Run command box by simultaneously pressing Windows and R keys (Windows + R).

• In the Run dialog box, type
      Control
      and then press Enter key to open the classic Control Panel.
    Step 2: Access Control Panel in Windows 10 from desktop.

• Right-click on the Start button (Windows logo button at the bottom-left corner of the desktop) and then click Control Panel to open the same.
    Step 3: Launch Control Panel using search.

• Open Start menu or screen.

• In the search box, enter Control Panel and then press Enter key to open the same.
    Note: You can quickly access the search with the help of Windows + C hotkey.

Step 4: Create Control Panel shortcut on desktop.

• Right-click on desktop, click New, and then click Shortcut.
    • In Type the location of the item box, type the following path.
    explorer shell:ControlPanelFolder

• Click Next button.
    • In the Type a name for this shortcut box, type Control Panel, and click Finish button. You can now double-click on the Control Panel icon on the desktop to quickly launch the same.
    Step 5: Pin Control Panel to Start or taskbar.

• In the Start search box, type Control Panel.

• When you see search results, right-click on Control Panel entry and then click Pin to Start to pin it to the Start menu or screen.
    Note: Clicking Pin to taskbar will pin the Control Panel to taskbar.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Feb 7, 2020
  3. windows 10 control panel

Yes all that will get you to the Control Panel if you have a memory (your human brain) that can handle all that info plus the other places you want to open.... So in the mean time where is this wonderful simple menu that lists 99% of all the places you want
    to get to in Windows 10???? written in =text type= a simple list form that's made for all us

dummies. thank you Tom Cotton

PS: I am sorry but that menu Microsoft is bragging about giving us back is a sorry

peace of work.

HomerCotton, Feb 7, 2020
  4. Totally empty Start Menu in panel mode

Windows 10 - Cannot access start menu notification panel ....... help needed

Hi Warren,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Do you receive any error message when try to access start menu or notification panel?
    • Have you made any changes to the system prior to this issue?
    I would suggest you to refer the below Microsoft article and check if this helps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

I also suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select
      Command prompt (admin).

• Enter the below commands one by one and hit Enter key. These commands will check and repair if there are any corrupted Windows files

Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Sfc /scannow
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Totally empty Start Menu in panel mode

1. Totally empty Start Menu in panel mode - Similar Threads - Totally empty Start

2. Start menu not working and task bar empty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu not working and task bar empty: i updated my drivers and windows then my start menu and task bar stopped working. iv tried almost everything that's on the internet, but it doesn't look like the start menu is not even running in task manager....
  3. Start menu not working and task bar empty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu not working and task bar empty: i updated my drivers and windows then my start menu and task bar stopped working. iv tried almost everything that's on the internet, but it doesn't look like the start menu is not even running in task manager....
  4. Empty Edge icon in the Start Menu

in Browsers and Email
    Empty Edge icon in the Start Menu: Good morning. Since I updated to the latest Build 928 I disappeared the I Edge icon, I tried to restore the link to the Start menu even if you consider the "Add to Start" operation I get the same problem. I restored the image of the Build .867 Everything ok, when I upgrade to...
  5. Start Menu is completely empty.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu is completely empty.: For a while now my start menu has been completely empty I tried DISM and SFC tools but they didn't do anything. I also tried restarting windows explorer and I tried restarting my laptop ALOT. The Task Menu is fine and nothing is wrong with it, the only problem is that the...
  6. Another User: Taskbar Empty, Apps/Start Menu Not Starting

in Windows 10 Support
    Another User: Taskbar Empty, Apps/Start Menu Not Starting: Hello, So I recently updated my computer to 20H2 (W10 Pro 19042.630). Also, I removed the video card (GTX 670) and blew out dust from inside the case. Long story short. What's not happening is that when I login to any account, that account loads just fine. But when I attempt...
  7. Start menu and Settings Panel not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu and Settings Panel not working: As I booted up my Pc this morning, I realised that for some reason Start menu is not working at all and also settings panel tries to load in then disappears. I used the pc for 10 minutes before I realised it. Google Chrome and Spotify works perfectly. Also League of...
  8. Windows start menu is empty

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows start menu is empty: Some time ago I suddenly lost all menu tiles. I can create new tiles but all previous tiles are gone. I've created new ones for the programs I frequently use but nothing for those programs I seldom use. Does anyone know what caused this? Years ago before I retired I seem to...
  9. Empty menu start

in Windows 10 Support
    Empty menu start: Hello, since I remember i had problem with menu start on W10 - before format and now. after format I didn't seen problem untill i istalled uTorrent. I uninstalled it, restarted PC and it still looks like that. That's how it looks: [img] Unfortunately i forgot to set...
  10. Start Menu > Power Submenu is empty

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu > Power Submenu is empty: Hello! I am new here, but I have a problem that I can't seem to find the answer to. Here is an image of what I am experiencing. [img] Has anyone come across this and found a solution? I'm running Window 10 Home Edition on an MSI CX61 Laptop. Thank you! 40632