Windows 10: Totally factory reset my laptop and it seems even slower than before

Discus and support Totally factory reset my laptop and it seems even slower than before in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My laptop was being slow and so I completely reset it. Now it seems even slower and the start up seems slower too. Opening apps seems slower and takes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bluetundra123, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Totally factory reset my laptop and it seems even slower than before

My laptop was being slow and so I completely reset it. Now it seems even slower and the start up seems slower too. Opening apps seems slower and takes more time. What can I do?

submitted by /u/bluetundra123
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bluetundra123, Oct 19, 2020

2. Asus Laptop Freezes Factory Reset

So I'm trying to Factory Reset my Asus laptop and while it prepares for a total reset it freezes and I've tried restarting the laptop and trying again but it freezes this is on Windows 10

GabeRichardson, Oct 19, 2020
  3. dcriggins Win User
    Laptop slow should I backup and factory reset?

My Laptop has been running slower and slower lately and I was thinking it was just time to get a new one. Until I heard that backing up my files and doing a factory reset could restore my Laptop's functionality.

I'm not sure if I should because I'm scared I'll lose a lot of my data.

I've purchased an external hard drive but, I'm not sure how to backup anything.

Is a back up all I need to do or do I need to copy specific files onto my external hard drive before I reset?

dcriggins, Oct 19, 2020
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Totally factory reset my laptop and it seems even slower than before

Ive factory reset my computer but I can't use the mouse or the keyboard to select laugage

Hi,

A device like your keyboard and mouse is not detected during factory reset.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps
    that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Are you performing a factory reset on a laptop or a desktop?
    • Is this the first time you perform a factory reset on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, if you're working on a desktop, we suggest that you try to use a PS2 keyboard just to bypass the installation process. Once Windows is up and running, you may now plug your mouse and keyboard to initialize Windows to detect these devices.

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

Totally factory reset my laptop and it seems even slower than before

1. Totally factory reset my laptop and it seems even slower than before - Similar Threads - Totally factory reset

2. Computer working slower than before

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer working slower than before: Hello, I'm having this problem for some time. When I turn off the computer, it's light on the on/off button always flickers. That's normal, but it started to flicker for like 3 minutes and It's harder to shut down the computer. Or my computer crashes and freezes for no...
  3. Computer working slower than before

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer working slower than before: Hello, I'm having this problem for some time. When I turn off the computer, it's light on the on/off button always flickers. That's normal, but it started to flicker for like 3 minutes and It's harder to shut down the computer. Or my computer crashes and freezes for no...
  4. Computer working slower than before

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer even slower after factory reset twice Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer even slower after factory reset twice Windows 11: I got this Dell computer back in December for Christmas, and it was working perfectly fine. After a few days of settling in it suddenly started lagging when I had different programs open, sometimes even on the desktop. My solution at the time to this was to always keep my...
  6. Computer even slower after factory reset twice Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer even slower after factory reset twice Windows 11: I got this Dell computer back in December for Christmas, and it was working perfectly fine. After a few days of settling in it suddenly started lagging when I had different programs open, sometimes even on the desktop. My solution at the time to this was to always keep my...
  7. Lenovo laptop slower than before

Lenovo laptop slower than before: Hello My problem is that i bought this Lenovo IdeaPad 330 laptop, it was running very smoothly and was very fast for maybe 2-4months, i could play league with 180 fps with high settings, now when i turn off vertical sync, my screen is tearing and fps is just constatly...
  8. battery issue and laptop is running slower than before

battery issue and laptop is running slower than before: As I'm using dell inspiron 15 5570 windows 10 home . My battery fully changing capacity is decreased suddenly from 31,000mWH to 23,000mWH. So kindly help me to increase my fully charging capacity and increase my system performance....
  9. My internet cannot connect or is much slower than it was before

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My internet cannot connect or is much slower than it was before: I have had an issue with my internet after an update on my windows 10 PC telling me that I "connect to this network'' or when connected its very slow, I have tried practically every solution to fix it, like network reset, command prompts, update drivers, uninstall and then...
  10. My laptop was just updated this hour. It is now five times slower than it was before the...

My laptop was just updated this hour. It is now five times slower than it was before the...: Dear Microsoft, It is with my utmost resent with which I post this today. Why, oh why, would you ever make a system so slow, it is slower than a sloth in a molasses pit in winter, and gets slower with each update? I am barely able to run my high end games on my machine....