Windows 10: Totally frustrating!!! Spent half hour trying to change Autosave locat

Discus and support Totally frustrating!!! Spent half hour trying to change Autosave locat in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Finally figured out that Autosave & Autorecover are totally different features that perform the same function. Why can't that be explained up front????... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by pchelp, Aug 23, 2020.

1. pchelp Win User

Totally frustrating!!! Spent half hour trying to change Autosave locat

Finally figured out that Autosave & Autorecover are totally different features that perform the same function. Why can't that be explained up front???? You can change the Autorecover location but not the Autosave location. What a waste of time!!!!!

:)

pchelp, Aug 23, 2020
  2. Steve C Win User

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Aug 23, 2020
  3. MRCL Win User
    OMG I am back after a day of total frustration

I believe you, it is ideed frustrating. Then again everything that involves calling support is frustrating. Is your problem solved by now or what will be the next steps?

4. Totally frustrating!!! Spent half hour trying to change Autosave locat

Change location

Hi,

Changing the location of your Windows 10 device is possible. Follow these steps to change the location information on Windows 10:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click on Clock, Language, and Region and then select Region.
    • Click on Location tab.
    • Under the Home location, click the drop-down button and then choose your location.
    • Click on Apply button and then click OK.

Note: Changing the location in Windows 10 is limited to changing which country or region you are in.

Feel free to reach out to us if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

Totally frustrating!!! Spent half hour trying to change Autosave locat

1. Totally frustrating!!! Spent half hour trying to change Autosave locat - Similar Threads - Totally frustrating Spent

2. Rounding Time Spent to nearest hour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rounding Time Spent to nearest hour: I have seen how to use MROUND to round Time to nearest hour. I need to round Time Spent, or minutes spent on completing a task to nearest minute.Time Spent minutes Rounded Time Spent minutes00:09:46 10 00:34:44 3400:20:19 20 Thanks for any help...
  3. Rounding Time Spent to nearest hour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rounding Time Spent to nearest hour: I have seen how to use MROUND to round Time to nearest hour. I need to round Time Spent, or minutes spent on completing a task to nearest minute.Time Spent minutes Rounded Time Spent minutes00:09:46 10 00:34:44 3400:20:19 20 Thanks for any help...
  4. I just spent half an hour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just spent half an hour: trying to talk to someone at MS. Isn't it awesome that when a company gets your money they no longer feel the need to even acknowledge you?Need any help? We'll set up a hamster cage that you can run round and round in.There, was I polite enough in this post so it won't be...
  5. I just spent half an hour

I just spent half an hour: trying to talk to someone at MS. Isn't it awesome that when a company gets your money they no longer feel the need to even acknowledge you?Need any help? We'll set up a hamster cage that you can run round and round in.There, was I polite enough in this post so it won't be...
  6. How to change the Snipping Tool autosave location?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the Snipping Tool autosave location?: Currently when you take a screenshot using Snipping Tool it autosaves the image to a path that ends in TempState\ScreenClip. This is a bit frustrating because the folder contains two versions of the image and a .json file, and the folder is difficult to locate unless you pin...
  7. How to change the Snipping Tool autosave location?

How to change the Snipping Tool autosave location?: Currently when you take a screenshot using Snipping Tool it autosaves the image to a path that ends in TempState\ScreenClip. This is a bit frustrating because the folder contains two versions of the image and a .json file, and the folder is difficult to locate unless you pin...
  8. TOTALLY FRUSTRATED, CONFUSED AND UPSET WITH WINDOWS 10!!!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    TOTALLY FRUSTRATED, CONFUSED AND UPSET WITH WINDOWS 10!!!: I am beyond frustrated trying to use Windows 10. The user name, user code, security code, password for Microsoft Account, password for Local Account, pin, Windows account, Microsoft Account, Local Account, etc. etc. have me totally confused and very, very frustrated! All I...
  9. This has been frustrating me for HOURS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This has been frustrating me for HOURS: [ATTACH] I have looked at every possible fucking solution and none of it works. I am trying to play sea of thieves from the windows store( I know big mistake there) but the fat issue is that every time I click the game I get the sea of thieves logo before it starts up then...
  10. Spent 2 Hours with windows "tech support" for no reason

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Spent 2 Hours with windows "tech support" for no reason: This is unreal I have a WINDOWS ISSUE... contact windows "tech support" spend 2 hours trying to figure out what's wrong guy leaves without even letting me know. I am having trouble with my storage devices if someone actually wants to help please let me know....