Windows 10: Totally locked out of new computer

Discus and support Totally locked out of new computer in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I'm at my wits end and would appreciate any help. I bought a new computer a few days ago, and during the sign-up entered my microsoft hotmail... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Alisha.1, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Alisha.1 Win User

Totally locked out of new computer

Hello,

I'm at my wits end and would appreciate any help. I bought a new computer a few days ago, and during the sign-up entered my microsoft hotmail email address.

I entered my password which is fine and then set a pin son's birthday year. I entered this twice - pretty sure I know it. The computer restarted, and I was asked to enter the pin, and it was claimed it was wrong.

To enter the account on the computer, I was then told to enter the password of my account fine AND THEN receive a code from a secondary email which I no longer have access to.

As result of not being able to get the code from the secondary email, I have a 30 day hold on my account which means I am locked out of my new computer.

I get a message saying that I have to wait 30 days "but can still use my microsoft account normally" but this is obviously not true: I cannot get into the computer which I've had for two days. There's also no way to enter a new microsoft account.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Alisha.1, Nov 8, 2020

2. computer keeps locking up...

him your computer locks up.... check what your running and see if it affects it cause this shouldn't happen it could be your ram or your mouse but i'm just giving a suggestion

k0rn_h0li0, Nov 8, 2020
  3. New computer, total power failure

Hi,

To resolve the battery issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Method 1: Check your battery saving settings. There’s a chance that the Anniversary Update somehow changed your battery saving settings.

To increase the battery life of your device, check if your power plan is alright.

• Go to Settings > System > Power & sleep >
      Additional power settings.
    • Check the brightness settings by going to Settings >
      System
      > Display
    Method 2: Check if your drivers are updated. Battery drain issue can also be due to some drivers not fully compatible with the Anniversary Update. It’s important to have all your drivers updated, to prevent battery drain issue and other problems.

Moreover, if the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your Cube 2-in-1 tablet computer's manufacturer for further assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Nov 8, 2020
  4. Totally locked out of new computer

I am not able switch off the computer totally

Hi Thommy,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

We need more information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Have you made any changes to the power settings prior to the issue?

• Is your system up to date?
    As per the description, this issue may arise if the power settings are not configured properly. I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.

• Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.

• Click on the Choose what power buttons do on the left navigation pane.

• Click on When I press power button
      and choose from the drop down menu to Shutdown.
    Now try to shut down the computer and check if it helps. If the issue persist, follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to create a new power plan and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the below steps sequentially.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.

• Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.

• You may create the new power plan by clicking on the
      Create a powerplan on left navigation pane.

• Assign the name you wish to new power plan, click on
      Next and change the settings accordingly and click on Create.
    After creating the power plan, you may try to shut down the PC and check if it helps.

Step 3:

You may try to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue. It will find and fix problems with your computers power settings. Follow the steps given below:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel

• Click on View all on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Power.

• Click on Advanced on the
      Power
      dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Power troubleshooter.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know the required information if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

Totally locked out of new computer

1. Totally locked out of new computer - Similar Threads - Totally locked computer

2. Locked out of new computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of new computer: Microsoft has locked me out of security for 30 days and now says PIN is no longer available due to changes in security settings, then once logging in with email it tells me again I am locked out for 30 days with no option to access my new computer. For some reason it has...
  3. Jumper Laptop totally locked out

in Windows 10 Support
    Jumper Laptop totally locked out: Hi all So yesterday I decided to reset my old laptop and do a full reinstallation, to give to my son for schoolwork. After the reinstallation was complete I discovered that windows created another account called Other user I have tried all the past passwords I have created in...
  4. Critical Process Died -- totally locked out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Process Died -- totally locked out: I set up a new HP laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed today. I got everything set up fine, with Windows Hello login and a PIN. After installing all my software and personal files, I went to shut down and saw there were updates to install. On restarting, the updates kept...
  5. Totally locked out of my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Totally locked out of my computer: I am locked out of my PC completely the windows 10 account and the drive. I can't reset the PC. Looking to get access to my PC again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/totally-locked-out-of-my-computer/0a2c0367-7d1b-4e54-9014-76ddc311b9e0
  6. Locked Out Of Computer

Locked Out Of Computer: I incorrectly entered my pin a twice then the computer crashed restarted, so now it won't let me in. It told me to wait for two hours and leave the computer powered on and I did and it still did not let me log in. Is there anyway for me to log in?...
  7. Locked out of computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked out of computer: How do I sign in on airplane mode too windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out-of-computer/bd8dd6f5-3ff5-4634-ab35-61734f43bbfe
  8. Locked out of computer

Locked out of computer: My office manager changed the password on her computer and cant remember it. I shared my windows 10 with her and she uses her email on that computer. We have tried resetting passwords online from both of our accounts and they dont work. Any suggestions before i pay to fix...
  9. Lock Screen Picture Totally Out Of Focus

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen Picture Totally Out Of Focus: Two issues. My Logitech mouse cursor is hanging up and then suddenly jumping. I understand this is a Logitech issue, in all probability, but I think a fix they suggested might have caused another problem. They suggested going to Device Manager, mouse/pointing devices, and...
  10. locked out of brand new computer

locked out of brand new computer: just got a new lenovo , during set up I put in a four digit pin then i changed the display language, did a restart and the startup screen now tells me it wants my password, not a the pin because it is no longer available due to a security reason so I try to sign using my...