Windows 10: totally messed up win10 64bit settings

Discus and support totally messed up win10 64bit settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I use Chrome as my default browser. I run Win 10 Home (up to date on updates) version build 17618,1000. My winver result does not let me copy any text... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by inphoenix, Jan 13, 2021.

1. inphoenix Win User

totally messed up win10 64bit settings

I use Chrome as my default browser. I run Win 10 Home (up to date on updates)
    version build 17618,1000. My winver result does not let me copy any text on that window.
    I got into either preferences or display settings on the desktop. Changes colors and everything was so bad.
    But my most pressing issue is my taskbar. It shows icons but no titles unless that item is opened. I really need the text back and after using suggestions I read on here none of them worked. Checked all 9 or 10 results from the search.
    The text on icons on the desktop was too small so I downloaded Changesize file suggested in another search and that solved problem.
    I tried moving the taskbar position to the bottom but that didn't help either.
    I searched Microsoft and other sites on how to change text size but most of them showed screenshots of how to do this and the screenshots did not match my results when following instructions.
    I would appreciate a solution to this problem.

The other issue I will post separately.
    I have attached an example of my taskbar.

:)

inphoenix, Jan 13, 2021
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 13, 2021
  4. dscish Win User

Switching from 32bit Win10 to 64bit Win10 - pre clean install questions

Hi everyone,

I'm planning to do a 32bit to 64bit move on my Win10 soon and I wanted to check a few things to minimise any downtime:

1. I know migration is a multi-step process, I went from a 32bit Win 8 Pro version (bought online, I have the product code emails etc.) to 32bit Win 8.1 (free upgrade) and now to 32bit Win10 (free upgrade). When doing a clean install can I just get an ISO
    of a 64bit Win10 and proceed with it, or do I need to start with a Win8 64bit version and after installing do an upgrade to Win10 (which will also be 64bit as the original system would be 64bit)?

Plan is to download Win10 64bit ISO via the Media Creation tool and roll with it after doing a full file / system backup. Currently my Win10 32bit is saying it's all Activated, so hopefully when I get online it will connect to Microsoft and activate itself
    again? During installation it will probably ask me for a product code, but I've ready this can be skipped, is this correct? at this point I don't really have a Win10 product code (although I can write down the one which is displayed under Settings -> System
    -> About), just the original Win8 code which probably wouldn't work.

2. Is there anyway to somehow image all the current apps I've got installed and re-build the whole lot when Win10 64bit is up and running?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

dscish, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

1. totally messed up win10 64bit settings - Similar Threads - totally messed win10

2. Windows SERVICES totally messed up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows SERVICES totally messed up.: I was trying to uninstall oracle database because of which I had to disable few services and in hurry I disabled many of the services. After that my screen went totally blank. Nothing is working on the laptop. I wanna reinstall my windows and don't know how to do that on this...
  3. Windows SERVICES totally messed up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows SERVICES totally messed up.: I was trying to uninstall oracle database because of which I had to disable few services and in hurry I disabled many of the services. After that my screen went totally blank. Nothing is working on the laptop. I wanna reinstall my windows and don't know how to do that on this...
  4. File permissions totally messed up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File permissions totally messed up: I was transferring data from my ssd to another computer, so I plugged in my ssd to another computer using an external drive. When I tried to access the ssd, it gave me "you don't currently have permission to access this folder" so I clicked continue to get permanent access....
  5. Totally messed up pc, need help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Totally messed up pc, need help!: Ok, this is my first post here, and I wish it wasn't going to be so long and confusing. Long story trying to make shorter. Originally, I had drive c, a ssd, and drive d, internal HD named mass storage. I also use aoemi tools, such as one key boot partition backup and...
  6. Gmail totally messed up

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail totally messed up: In the last week or so every time I open my Gmail, it seems to appear different. This is what my Inbox box looks like now. [img] It seems to be "starred" what ever that means. I have no idea how it got "starred". I also can NOT see my "Trash" label to select it to...
  7. Win10 64bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 64bit: windows1064bit2004KB2693643 0x8024001d https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10/f9771dca-7f2b-4c91-bae2-058493d928a3
  8. Microsoft Account Totally Messed Up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Account Totally Messed Up.: I continually get cards saying my account needs fixing. When I try to go through the procedure it says it has sent me an email to verify my account. It never arrives. Email is correct. There are so many problems with my MS accounts I can neither sign in from another computer...
  9. Settings messed up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings messed up: My system settings reset for some reason and can’t restore them. This has caused me to not be able to connect to any WiFi, etc. I need help ASAP since i cant use my computer properly...
  10. My Windows Update is totally messed up!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My Windows Update is totally messed up!: For a cuppla days my Windows Update has been useless! Clciking on Update and security it shows Your device is missing important security and quality fixes. But clicking on Check for updates just sits there for 15 to 20 minutes with the dots running across the screen then...