Windows 10: Totally un-responding W10 install

Discus and support Totally un-responding W10 install in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've been given a machine to look at for a friend but it has me stumped, and I'm quite techy! W10 Pro, booted it the other day and is now stuck at a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by eludlow, Feb 9, 2021.

1. eludlow Win User

Totally un-responding W10 install

I've been given a machine to look at for a friend but it has me stumped, and I'm quite techy!

W10 Pro, booted it the other day and is now stuck at a blank desktop (personalised background image is there), with a totally unresponsive taskbar. Spinning wheel when you try and click or right click it. Ctrl + alt + del works, but task manager just doesn't load. I can get to the login screen and reboot. But that really is about it! Exactly the same in safe mode, except I randomly get the option to "end process" of Windows when I click.. chkdsk /f /r run via W10 install media and it reported no problems, but I didn't think it would. I can read the drive fine if I remove and connect to another machine.

If I reboot, it sometimes hangs at the spinning wheel (for an hour plus), some times reboots fine, sometimes I'm told "closing 1 app and shutting down" and that "task host window is stopping background tasks (\Microsoft\Windows\International\Synchronize Language Settings)", which does end automatically after a minute or so.

I'm running out of ideas to try next...! Obvious thing is pull any data required off the drive and do a clean install, or attempt a repair install but I'd rather leave this as a last resort.

Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

PS Can't include Windows version as I can't get a run / command prompt to run winver....*Sad

:)

eludlow, Feb 9, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Totally un-responding W10 install :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 9, 2021
  3. delay w10 install

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

To get rid of the Windows 10 upgrade, I would suggest you to follow these steps:

• Go to control panel, then click on Programs and Features.
    • Tap on View installed updates, then find the update called KB3035583.
    • Now uninstall this update.
    I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Feb 9, 2021
  4. Totally un-responding W10 install

W10 installed and Printer will not respond!

When I installed the Windows 10 my HP 5660 will not respond....have been unable to print!

Please advise what I need to do to activate the printer with W10.

DVRKNITTER, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

Totally un-responding W10 install

1. Totally un-responding W10 install - Similar Threads - Totally responding W10

2. un-installing AVG

in Windows 10 Gaming
    un-installing AVG: HelloThis AVG browser installed itself and I just find it every time I start my laptop. I can stop it appearing but I want to uninstall it. To do so it requires my admin password. However I forgot my password and tried the words I frequently use in vein. The uninstall window...
  3. un-installing AVG

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    un-installing AVG: HelloThis AVG browser installed itself and I just find it every time I start my laptop. I can stop it appearing but I want to uninstall it. To do so it requires my admin password. However I forgot my password and tried the words I frequently use in vein. The uninstall window...
  4. un-installing AVG

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Manual UN-Install suggestions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Manual UN-Install suggestions?: Hi,I recently installed an app on my 22H2 system... The app appears in the start menu, but will not launch...It appears in Settings Apps, but with the Un-Install option grayed out.Is it possible for me to manually un-install it? If so, how?Many thanks,Lothar...
  6. Power toys not un installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power toys not un installing: power toys not uninstalling or working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-toys-not-un-installing/709e15f4-66c9-4c20-981b-59785d0ae31e
  7. W10: Audio Services Not Responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W10: Audio Services Not Responding: Hello. My Windows 10 computer had an audio error the night before akin to the sound most machines would make when blue screening. After a few moments it stopped and my audio cut out. I restarted the computer to see if that alone could fix it, but I got a BSOD with the code...
  8. Un-installing a program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Un-installing a program: I have Club Pogo installed but can't find it in *Apps* or *Programs* to un-install it. So, how do I go about un-installing it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/un-installing-a-program/938d1bcd-57ba-444f-9683-d5846e2cab3f
  9. W10 Cumulative Update - "NOT RESPONDING"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 Cumulative Update - "NOT RESPONDING": W10 Cumulative Fix package "available", "Do you wish to install" ... Stupidly or not, click on OK, let's install it. Stuck at 80%, then went "NOT RESPONDING" for over 1/2 hour. Rebooted, now nothing available when I check UPDATES. So typical of these W10 installs ! What a...
  10. W10 Not responding problem

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Not responding problem: I did a clean fresh install of W10 on a new hard drive on my Lenovo desktop (AMD A6 3600) at first I had a few problems, then I installed a new video driver and it took care of most of my issues, freeze ups, lot of spinning blue circles, and the new video driver took care of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Boot up error microsoft windows international synchronize language settings