Windows 10: Totally unimpressed by edge

Discus and support Totally unimpressed by edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; It doesn't do much does it? I can't believe they still haven't included url paste and go in the address bar. i'd rather have the address bar in the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by treads, Jul 30, 2015.

1. treads Win User

Totally unimpressed by edge

It doesn't do much does it?
    I can't believe they still haven't included url paste and go in the address bar.
    i'd rather have the address bar in the usual place across the top .
    The location of the favourites bar is in a terrible position on the right, what on earth is wrong worth horizontal bar like chrome?
    how do you sync favourites between devices?
    how do you put yr own url icons into the new tab page ? the customize option doesn't let u do this.

nothing about edge has persuaded me to move from google chrome.

update: i've just discovered u can show the favourites bar at the top of the browser but it seems you can't order the folders by dragging
    update: you can order the folders by dragging but you have to go back the favourites side bar to do it, dear me.
    also you have to go to the website for the icon to appear in the favourites bar and they are very small on screen

plus only two choices for theme : light and dark , thanks for that MS *Huh

WOW !!!, another incredible ommisssion *Eek you can't select text and do a web search straight from the right click menu.
    Do developers at MS actually use the internet?

:)

treads, Jul 30, 2015

2. N-gage 2 is Up

Tried it and i'm totally unimpressed. N-gage is still like an old dog that needs putting out of it's misery. Totally unimpressed by edge :D

psychomania---01, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Touch screen freeze/unresponsive LUMIA 920

All of the varying Power / Volume Down / Camera button combinations are useless. My phone is only 10 months only and is almost totally unresponsive. Highly unimpressed with Nokia.

ReallyAnnoyed---01, Jul 30, 2015
  4. VBS
    VBs Win User

It's missing a lot of features that even IE 11 had so it's really disappointing only thing that was touted about it is speed benchmarks.
    I really miss "Save as.." in right click menu and search engine customization.

5. Mumbai Win User
    It's still new so give it a chance

Mumbai, Jul 30, 2015
  6. treads Win User
    Er... MS have packaged a browser in their OS for over 20 years, they have had plenty of time to put a decent browser together.
    What is so complicated about 'paste and go' a standard feature on modern browsers?
    Also the lack of customisation - only 2 theme options , pathetic!!!

treads, Jul 30, 2015
  7. Mumbai Win User
    browser isn't the only thing they develop. so give them a chance.
    of course, if you don't like you can move on always.

Mumbai, Jul 30, 2015
  8. treads Win User

Do you work for MS by any chance? Things improve by people complaining about lack of features not by passive acceptance of what ur given. MS have a separate team of coders working on Edge, its their job to know what makes a good browser and for something to be released with so many basic features missing is inexcusable. Edge is just a slightly altered version of IE, there is nothing special about it and it is certainly not part of a 'whole new era' in web interaction.

treads, Jul 30, 2015
  9. swarfega Win User
    Edge is considered to still be under development and will probably receive updates in next month's service pack.

swarfega, Jul 30, 2015
  10. treads Win User
    I'm trembling with excitement .

treads, Jul 30, 2015
  11. Jeido Win User
    Highlight then right click the text you want to search, select Ask Cortana. It searches from within the same tab - pretty cool actually.

Jeido, Jul 30, 2015
  12. GARoss Win User
    Maybe we could Ask Cortana when Edge will function properly! *Wink
    Edge simply isn't ready for primetime. It seems ambitious enough but isn't delivering. Back to Chrome & will check Edge every now & then.

GARoss, Jul 30, 2015
  13. Gary Win User

Edge may not be ready for Prime Time but when MS is finished with it's development, it will be far better than any IE MS has made.

14. GARoss Win User
    I hope you are right! *Smile

GARoss, Jul 30, 2015
  15. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there.

speed of browsers these days is purely academic.

Most speed factors are OUTSIDE the browsers control these days. Assuming YOUR system isn't overloaded and is running reasonably.

1) Your Network speed --if you've a slow ISP ANY browser will have poor response time
    2) Load on target server --If the target server or web site can't dish up the pages fast enough again ANY BROWSER will be SLOW.
    3) code of target server -- if it's running poorly written code then your browser will be slow as well.
    4) Hidden actions when you visit websites -- Google for example will pass details of your searches to a whole slew of websites --if you don't believe me go into IE (or any browser) where you can get into DEBUG mode --you'll probably be HORRIFIED at what you see.

Plus a whole slew of others such as quality of the code of addons etc -- so these topics on "Fast Browsers" are basically these days JUST POINTLESS on modern systems with up to date software.

Use browsers because of what they offer rather than purely academic details like speed.

If you study History there were endless arguments on how many angels could dance on the head of a pin !!!. Same sort of issue IMO.

How many angels can dance on the head of a pin? - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

1. Totally unimpressed by edge - Similar Threads - Totally unimpressed edge

2. TOTAL Adblock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TOTAL Adblock: How do I remove the expired prompts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/total-adblock/1c434334-c3e8-4236-9fb9-abdc44112628
  3. Restarted laptop, fingerprint, pin, Edge and more totally reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restarted laptop, fingerprint, pin, Edge and more totally reset.: Hi, I recently restarted my windows 11 laptop, but it seems the account, or account files where deleted? I immediately noticed that after the restart, my fingerprint scanner didn't work, neither did my Laptop's Pin. I was told that the device was offline, and it had forgotten...
  4. Restarted laptop, fingerprint, pin, Edge and more totally reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restarted laptop, fingerprint, pin, Edge and more totally reset.: Hi, I recently restarted my windows 11 laptop, but it seems the account, or account files where deleted? I immediately noticed that after the restart, my fingerprint scanner didn't work, neither did my Laptop's Pin. I was told that the device was offline, and it had forgotten...
  5. Edge totally ignores the ABOUT:BLANK GPO setting

in Browsers and Email
    Edge totally ignores the ABOUT:BLANK GPO setting: Do not get me wrong here, I like the new Edge Chromium, but if MS does not let users to choose whatever the New Tab content may be, then I meed to leave this browser and choose something else... I even downloaded the Edge policy templates and imported them into my local GPO...
  6. Total Meltdown

in Windows 10 Customization
    Total Meltdown: I purchased an HP in December and the start menus have not loaded. The touchpad does not work right. The other day the HP moved the cursor and made a change on twitter while my hands were more than a foot from the computer. I see something about resetting Windows that...
  7. HOW TO TOTALLY REMOVE MICROSOFT EDGE FROM MY COMPUTER

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HOW TO TOTALLY REMOVE MICROSOFT EDGE FROM MY COMPUTER: Just been forced to accept the latest version of Microsoft Edge. To say the least I am NOT happy with it at all as it has major conflicting problems with my existing set up. When I looked to "try" to remove it the "trigger" point is greyed out. - See Picture. - Also you...
  8. How can I totally disable MS Edge?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I totally disable MS Edge?: Techniques offered to prevent MS Edge from booting automatically failed totally. Now I want to totally disable MS Edge. I am fed up. refer to:...
  9. Total Defense

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Total Defense: I thought I'd be brave and try to install Total Defense's (paid) anti-virus program that works under Windows 8.1 It installed okay although did give me a warning about "some incompatability issues". On re-boot however the PC just "hung", my guess is trying to boot the...
  10. How do I totally disable Edge browser?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I totally disable Edge browser?: I thought I had disabled this browser when I setup my new Windows 10 OS upgrade. But every time I use Ccleaner I get a message that it is running and do I want to close it. So how can I get rid of this problem? 44609