Windows 10: Totally unimpressed by edge

Discus and support Totally unimpressed by edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm not sure what you mean. I have no problems organizing favorites. It's easy to move items between folders. Just drag it to the breadcrumb trail and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by treads, Jul 30, 2015.

1. CmmTch Win User

Totally unimpressed by edge

Thanks Mystere, from your post you knew (or guessed) what I meant, apparently I didn't have the folder exactly where it needed to be, I'm on my desktop right now and the problem folder is on my laptop. I tried moving as you described on my desktop, when you have it in the right place the word "move" appears in a small box, you let it go and the folder moves to the higher level.

In this case it was my own cockpit error causing the problem *Redface I think it's safe to say it's not the first time and it certainly won't be the last, but hey, we live and learn *Wink

CmmTch, Aug 2, 2015
  2. gator2013 Win User

That does not work. After you drop on the desktop and double click all you get is Edge with your home page. At least that's what is happening on my system.

There are 2 other workarounds for this that do work but add a step or 2 but that is not one of them.

Never-the-less, a very simple function has been removed and that makes no sense at all especially when the goal is to increase functionality.

gator2013, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Mystere Win User
    You didn't say you wanted it to actually work *Wink

I jest, but I did not try the link and you're right. It's odd, since it works in the start menu.

You're looking it wrong. Edge is a totally new application. The feature was not "removed", it just hasn't been added yet. Do you expect a newborn baby to be able to climb mount Everest?

Mystere, Aug 2, 2015
  4. gator2013 Win User

Will it be added at a later date?? Who's to say, maybe, maybe not but that has been a feature of the MS Browser for just about forever. Personally I would think it would be added unless it's technically not that simple. I do like the reading view and the web note feature.

gator2013, Aug 2, 2015
  5. AEM
    aem Win User
    Edge for me might use slightly more RAM but it's better than IE11 crashing.

6. Mumbai Win User
    at least Edge uses less RAM than Chrome . *chuckle

Mumbai, Aug 3, 2015
  7. wase4711 Win User
    Thats the ONLY thing it does better than Chrome, and if you have enough RAM, you'll never notice how much it uses

wase4711, Aug 3, 2015
  8. RonCFL Win User

As the mater of fact ...I have never since any pc that do not have enough ram to run browser ..
    just a lame execute .. who cares about ram ... just make it better already ...!!

RonCFL, Aug 3, 2015
  9. Mumbai Win User
    me too but it's not easy to add more RAM because in some DDR2 motherboards there are only 2 slots and it's hard to find nowadays DDR2 motherboards and 4GB DDR2 rams. so the entire system has to be upgraded.

Mumbai, Aug 3, 2015
  10. Maggelan Win User
    Well I noticed that if you drag over some text you get 'Ask Cortana' while dragging over other text types gives the full option list.

left click a picture and the appropriate options come up you are complaining about not being there...are there.

Paste and go isn't there but well lets hope they add it soon but then I just say 'hey cortana' take me to that element and it goes there.

I guess the problem and I really don't mean to be offensive here is you, You want the status quo but want change and something new. You don't appear to be using the features available to you and complain the old feature isn't there when a frankly better one in my short experience of it is right there for you.

I find that most of the time users hate something because of change, I haven't even used windows 10 prior to the launch day and I have no issues accepting these changes the paste and go is a nice enough feature but it's not ground breaking or experience breaking when it's not there it simply wasn't that important.

Other features are there and some will be added later, the browser is fine I rather like it but it's not ready for full on use yet and it's just a case of accepting that some time is needed with decent feedback telling them where to focus.

Maggelan, Aug 3, 2015
  11. Traijan Win User
    For me this is the problem. If it wasn't ready for primetime at launch of Windows 10 (which to me it really isn't) then there is little to no chance that I'll even think about checking Edge in the future, as Chrome does a great job, so unless some website forces me to use I.E/Edge then they had their shot at pulling me away from Chrome when I upgraded to 10.

Too little, Too late Microsoft. You should have had it ready for primetime before launch as far as I'm concerned.

Traijan, Aug 4, 2015
  12. wase4711 Win User
    i'll give it another chance if and when it becomes more complete and feature rich..I liked it for awhile, because it was fast as can be, but as far as usability, it was a major fail for me..
    I was using cyberfox for a long time, but endless Shockwave lockups and stuff, made me try Chrome again, and for me, its the perfect choice at this point..

wase4711, Aug 4, 2015
  13. roban Win User

It seems to me that MS is depending on users to help them in developing this browser by feedback and requested features. Why else would they release such a bare bones browser.

roban, Aug 4, 2015
  14. fonzie Win User
    Would be nice if Edge has a bookmark manager like Chrome's. Then one can delete bookmarks, reorder bookmarks, cut and paste etc...

After installing Windows 10 and importing bookmarks, one need to tweak those imported bookmarks......

Or Edge already has...?....pray tell where is it?....!

fonzie, Aug 4, 2015
  15. cluberti Win User
    Edge will probably improve over the next year or so, with the incremental upgrades to Windows 10. I'm interested to see what (if anything) it picks up, feature-wise, based on user feedback.

cluberti, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

1. Totally unimpressed by edge - Similar Threads - Totally unimpressed edge

2. TOTAL Adblock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TOTAL Adblock: How do I remove the expired prompts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/total-adblock/1c434334-c3e8-4236-9fb9-abdc44112628
  3. Restarted laptop, fingerprint, pin, Edge and more totally reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restarted laptop, fingerprint, pin, Edge and more totally reset.: Hi, I recently restarted my windows 11 laptop, but it seems the account, or account files where deleted? I immediately noticed that after the restart, my fingerprint scanner didn't work, neither did my Laptop's Pin. I was told that the device was offline, and it had forgotten...
  4. Restarted laptop, fingerprint, pin, Edge and more totally reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restarted laptop, fingerprint, pin, Edge and more totally reset.: Hi, I recently restarted my windows 11 laptop, but it seems the account, or account files where deleted? I immediately noticed that after the restart, my fingerprint scanner didn't work, neither did my Laptop's Pin. I was told that the device was offline, and it had forgotten...
  5. Edge totally ignores the ABOUT:BLANK GPO setting

in Browsers and Email
    Edge totally ignores the ABOUT:BLANK GPO setting: Do not get me wrong here, I like the new Edge Chromium, but if MS does not let users to choose whatever the New Tab content may be, then I meed to leave this browser and choose something else... I even downloaded the Edge policy templates and imported them into my local GPO...
  6. Total Meltdown

in Windows 10 Customization
    Total Meltdown: I purchased an HP in December and the start menus have not loaded. The touchpad does not work right. The other day the HP moved the cursor and made a change on twitter while my hands were more than a foot from the computer. I see something about resetting Windows that...
  7. HOW TO TOTALLY REMOVE MICROSOFT EDGE FROM MY COMPUTER

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HOW TO TOTALLY REMOVE MICROSOFT EDGE FROM MY COMPUTER: Just been forced to accept the latest version of Microsoft Edge. To say the least I am NOT happy with it at all as it has major conflicting problems with my existing set up. When I looked to "try" to remove it the "trigger" point is greyed out. - See Picture. - Also you...
  8. How can I totally disable MS Edge?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I totally disable MS Edge?: Techniques offered to prevent MS Edge from booting automatically failed totally. Now I want to totally disable MS Edge. I am fed up. refer to:...
  9. Total Defense

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Total Defense: I thought I'd be brave and try to install Total Defense's (paid) anti-virus program that works under Windows 8.1 It installed okay although did give me a warning about "some incompatability issues". On re-boot however the PC just "hung", my guess is trying to boot the...
  10. How do I totally disable Edge browser?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I totally disable Edge browser?: I thought I had disabled this browser when I setup my new Windows 10 OS upgrade. But every time I use Ccleaner I get a message that it is running and do I want to close it. So how can I get rid of this problem? 44609