Windows 10: touch driver

Discus and support touch driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I power on my computer. At the sign-in screen, there are white dots popping on the screen and it is not allowing me to sign in. After research, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rambro2453, May 8, 2020.

1. touch driver

When I power on my computer. At the sign-in screen, there are white dots popping on the screen and it is not allowing me to sign in. After research, I put my hand on the screen and the dots stop. I am able to sign in. This an a recurring issue. I have disable the driver. However, when I cut the computer on the problem is back. I have deleted and restored with an updated, the problem still exist. I am thinking about installing another driver from https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=touch screen...however, I don't know if it will damage my computer. please help!!

:)

Rambro2453, May 8, 2020

2. Touch screen is disabled

Hi Roy,

Thank you for responding.

This issue might be due to drivers which are to be updated.

I suggest you to update the drivers for touch feature in Device Manager:

Steps:

• Right click on Windows key from the desktop and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices, right click on the
      Touch screen driver and select Update Driver Software.

Also, I suggest you to contact the device manufacturer website and try to update the chipset drivers as well.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 8, 2020
  3. touch screen

Hi,

We sure can provide some troubleshooting steps before you decide to get help from your laptop's manufacturer. Please follow the suggested solutions below:

Method 1: Check if the touch screen driver is enabled.

• In the Search bar, type Device Manager.
    • Locate Human Interface Devices and look for touch screen.
    • Right-click touch screen and check if it is enabled. If not, please enable it.
    Method 2: Reinstall the touch screen driver.

• In Device Manager, go to Human Interface Devices.
    • Locate touch screen again and right-click it to Uninstall
      the driver.
    • Restart your PC to automatically install the driver.
    Feel free to post back for updates.

Jennifer Cha, May 8, 2020
  4. Dani Pun Win User

touch driver

Touch screen not working

Were you able to see if your driver is up to date?

We suggest to update the touch screen driver and check for resolution.

Follow the steps provided:

• Press Windows key and X on your desktop and click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices.
    • Locate the Touch screen driver.
    • Right-click on the driver icon and click on Update Driver Software.
    • Click on Search automatically for the updated driver software.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the touch screen driver.

Dani Pun, May 8, 2020
Thema:

touch driver

1. touch driver - Similar Threads - touch driver

2. how to download touch screen driver for windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to download touch screen driver for windows 11: I've got two new PC and want to use a touch screen monitor, but they did not have drivers installed. Spent better part of 4 hrs. trying to figure out how to do it. PLEASE HELP!!...
  3. how to download touch screen driver for windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to download touch screen driver for windows 11: I've got two new PC and want to use a touch screen monitor, but they did not have drivers installed. Spent better part of 4 hrs. trying to figure out how to do it. PLEASE HELP!!...
  4. Missing touch screen driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing touch screen driver: Hello,I just bought a Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 11e, from walmart it was supposed to be a 5th generation, but when I looked up the model number 20DA it shows that is a first generation. The touch screen driver was not downloaded on to the laptop. Where can I find the driver....
  5. Missing touch screen driver

Missing touch screen driver: Hello,I just bought a Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 11e, from walmart it was supposed to be a 5th generation, but when I looked up the model number 20DA it shows that is a first generation. The touch screen driver was not downloaded on to the laptop. Where can I find the driver....
  6. Missing touch screen driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Erased HID Compliant touch screen driver after factory reset on Lenovo Ideapad S340-1 5IIL...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Erased HID Compliant touch screen driver after factory reset on Lenovo Ideapad S340-1 5IIL...: Hi there,I did a factory reset on Lenovo Ideapad S340-1 5IIL w/ Windows 11 and discovered that touch screen doesn't work anymore. I searched the device manager and found that I'm misisng the HID compliant touch screen driver but I tried to go into Settings->Update,...
  8. Erased HID Compliant touch screen driver after factory reset on Lenovo Ideapad S340-1 5IIL...

Erased HID Compliant touch screen driver after factory reset on Lenovo Ideapad S340-1 5IIL...: Hi there,I did a factory reset on Lenovo Ideapad S340-1 5IIL w/ Windows 11 and discovered that touch screen doesn't work anymore. I searched the device manager and found that I'm misisng the HID compliant touch screen driver but I tried to go into Settings->Update,...
  9. My touch screen on my Windows 11 laptop stopped working/ driver is gone. How do I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My touch screen on my Windows 11 laptop stopped working/ driver is gone. How do I...: My touch screen stopped working on my Windows 11 laptop. I check Device Manager for the HID Compliant touch screen, and it is not there--like its been deleted. How do I reinstall that driver?...
  10. My touch screen on my Windows 11 laptop stopped working/ driver is gone. How do I...

My touch screen on my Windows 11 laptop stopped working/ driver is gone. How do I...: My touch screen stopped working on my Windows 11 laptop. I check Device Manager for the HID Compliant touch screen, and it is not there--like its been deleted. How do I reinstall that driver?...