Windows 10: touch keybaord

Discus and support touch keybaord in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I am using English/Traditional Chinese on a Dell with Win10 Home, version 21H1.I used to be able to switch between the 2 languages easily using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TimWen, May 26, 2022.

1. TimWen Win User

touch keybaord

Hi, I am using English/Traditional Chinese on a Dell with Win10 Home, version 21H1.I used to be able to switch between the 2 languages easily using alt+shift and the selectedlanguage would show up on the task bar. and I can click on the touch keyboard icon to bring upthe touch keyboard to input Chinese characters. But something happened and now I can't usealt+shift anymore and I can't bring up the touch keyboard. Window+Space didn't help either. I tried deleting/reloading Chinese language several times all to no avail. Would appreciate any help.Thanks.

:)

TimWen, May 26, 2022
  2. f14tomcat Win User

Touch Devices

Hi Edwin....

Yes, it works on 8.1, at least on my surface pro 3.

Couldn't do a screenshot cause can't get to Snipping tool while keyboard is up, so I did a "step recording". See attached. Pardon the background, it's my Granddaughter! Cheers! *Cool

f14tomcat, May 26, 2022
  3. touch screen

Hi,

We sure can provide some troubleshooting steps before you decide to get help from your laptop's manufacturer. Please follow the suggested solutions below:

Method 1: Check if the touch screen driver is enabled.

• In the Search bar, type Device Manager.
    • Locate Human Interface Devices and look for touch screen.
    • Right-click touch screen and check if it is enabled. If not, please enable it.
    Method 2: Reinstall the touch screen driver.

• In Device Manager, go to Human Interface Devices.
    • Locate touch screen again and right-click it to Uninstall
      the driver.
    • Restart your PC to automatically install the driver.
    Feel free to post back for updates.

Jennifer Cha, May 26, 2022
  4. touch keybaord

Touch keyboard pops up at login

If the above steps didn't work, we suggest that you disable the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service. Please follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Services, and then press Enter.
    • On the right pane, look for Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service. Double-click on it.
    • Locate the Startup Type drop down, and change it to Disabled.
    • Click on Apply button to save changes.
    • Click on OK button to close the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service
      window.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, May 26, 2022
Thema:

touch keybaord

1. touch keybaord - Similar Threads - touch keybaord

2. What do these do? Should i touch them?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What do these do? Should i touch them?: Should i be tinkering with Component services?my PC is quite tightly locked/ restrictive if you don't have admin perms i don't have admin perms to delete apps from "uninstall a program" eg. Bluestacks but that's not my issue the issue is thati can edit all of theseremove,...
  3. What do these do? Should i touch them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do these do? Should i touch them?: Should i be tinkering with Component services?my PC is quite tightly locked/ restrictive if you don't have admin perms i don't have admin perms to delete apps from "uninstall a program" eg. Bluestacks but that's not my issue the issue is thati can edit all of theseremove,...
  4. What do these do? Should i touch them?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. EgisTec Touch Fingerprint Sensor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EgisTec Touch Fingerprint Sensor not working: Hello,I noticed recently that, for some reason, my computer is not allowing me to log in using my fingerprint anymore. I checked my device manager and saw that the Biometrics devices were not showing up. I then went to View -> Show hidden devices, where I saw that the...
  6. EgisTec Touch Fingerprint Sensor not working

EgisTec Touch Fingerprint Sensor not working: Hello,I noticed recently that, for some reason, my computer is not allowing me to log in using my fingerprint anymore. I checked my device manager and saw that the Biometrics devices were not showing up. I then went to View -> Show hidden devices, where I saw that the...
  7. My touch pad stopped working in windows can anyone help me ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My touch pad stopped working in windows can anyone help me ?: For some reason I can only use my touch pad in BIOS , until today everyting was fine = https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-touch-pad-stopped-working-in-windows-can-anyone/807fd4f4-bfc6-4bcd-beb8-12ccac4c84bc
  8. My touch pad stopped working in windows can anyone help me ?

My touch pad stopped working in windows can anyone help me ?: For some reason I can only use my touch pad in BIOS , until today everyting was fine = https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-touch-pad-stopped-working-in-windows-can-anyone/807fd4f4-bfc6-4bcd-beb8-12ccac4c84bc
  9. How to get non-domain joined in use systems to be entra joined without having to touch the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get non-domain joined in use systems to be entra joined without having to touch the...: Is there a way for me to get my non-domain joined systems to be entra joined without having to touch each one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-non-domain-joined-in-use-systems-to-be/2b0a029e-dc98-41fe-acb8-d0eecc5dd3f1
  10. touch keybaord

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touch keybaord: Hi, I am using English/Traditional Chinese on a Dell with Win10 Home, version 21H1.I used to be able to switch between the 2 languages easily using alt+shift and the selectedlanguage would show up on the task bar. and I can click on the touch keyboard icon to bring upthe...