Windows 10: Touch Keyboad doesn't work when I press on touch keyboard Icon and lock up computer

Discus and support Touch Keyboad doesn't work when I press on touch keyboard Icon and lock up computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I try to use the touch keyboard icon on the task bar nothing comes up and it locks up my computers cursor. I have to hit the windows key to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by william3780, May 31, 2019.

1. Touch Keyboad doesn't work when I press on touch keyboard Icon and lock up computer

When I try to use the touch keyboard icon on the task bar nothing comes up and it locks up my computers cursor. I have to hit the windows key to unlock the cursor. I cant post any emotes in Outlook mail or any where else. I'm running Windows 10 Home version 1809. I tried it in tablet mode and it still doesn't work.

:)

william3780, May 31, 2019
  2. ksdixon Win User

can i force win8 touch keyboard?

win10 version sucks.

1. pressing touch keyboard icon on taskbar with pin on win1- will launch the handwriting panel. i rarely ever actually want that, i just use the pen because it's easier to use that than fat thumbs. back on windows 8, the normal touch keyboard would still load when you pressed touch keyboard icon on taskbar with pen.
    2. i hate the win10 'thumb keyboard', the second view where the letters are split off to each side. on win8 this had numbers in the middle, making entering passwords which both letters and jnumbers in them easy, on win10 the middle part where numbers used to be is a gigantic hole. 4

ksdixon, May 31, 2019
  3. Aaron_Sum Win User
    Touch keyboard not working

Hi Paul,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

Please confirm the following things for me.

1. May I know the make and model of your system?
    2. Was there any major change on your system prior to which you were able to use the touch keyboard without any issues?

I would suggest you to check with the services again, there are a few dependency services that will need to be checked. Please follow the steps below.

1. Press the ‘Windows’ key and ‘R’ key together, this will open the ‘Run’ dialogue box.
    2. Type in ‘services.msc’ and press enter. This will open the ‘Services’ panel, in the list of services, find ‘Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service’.
    3. Right-click and select ‘Properties’. In the ‘General’ tab, change the ‘Startup type’ to ‘Automatic’ and click on ‘Start’.
    4. Click on the ‘Dependencies’ tab, expand the ‘Remote Procedure Call (RPC)’ and check the related services. You will find two services related to the ‘Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service’. Click on ‘Ok’, return to the ‘Services’
      window.
    5. Find the two services namely, ‘DCOM Server Process Launcher’ and ‘RPC Endpoint Mapper’. Start the services if they aren’t running and the ‘Startup type’ to automatic and click on ‘Ok’.
    6. Please check this link to ‘Open the touch keyboard’ and check if it works
      out for you.

Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, May 31, 2019
  4. Ruz San Win User

Touch Keyboad doesn't work when I press on touch keyboard Icon and lock up computer

Add the Touch Keyboard Icon to the Action Center

Hi Doug,

Adding the touch keyboard on the items in Action Center is currently not available in Windows 10. However, you can change the settings to automatically show the touch keyboard when you use the device in tablet mode. If you'd like to do this, you can
    follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Open Settings.
    • Select Devices.
    • Go to Typing.
    • Under Touch keyboard settings, switch on Automatically show the touch keyboard in windowed apps when there’s no keyboard attached to your device.

If you want to provide a feedback or suggestion to Microsoft to have the touch keyboard available in Action Center, you can post it
    here.

Let us know if the suggestion above works for you.

Keep us posted.

Ruz San, May 31, 2019
Thema:

Touch Keyboad doesn't work when I press on touch keyboard Icon and lock up computer

1. Touch Keyboad doesn't work when I press on touch keyboard Icon and lock up computer - Similar Threads - Touch Keyboad doesn't

2. Touch keyboard doesn't show up when set it to "when no keyboard attached"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch keyboard doesn't show up when set it to "when no keyboard attached": I use my surface book 3 as a tablet sometimes and found the touch keyboard wouldn't pop up automatically when I tap on text fields. I have to open it manually from the taskbar. Another way to make this work is to change "show the touch keyboard" to "always", but I don't want...
  3. Touch keyboard doesn't show up when set it to "when no keyboard attached"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch keyboard doesn't show up when set it to "when no keyboard attached": I use my surface book 3 as a tablet sometimes and found the touch keyboard wouldn't pop up automatically when I tap on text fields. I have to open it manually from the taskbar. Another way to make this work is to change "show the touch keyboard" to "always", but I don't want...
  4. Touch keyboard keeps popping up when I touch the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch keyboard keeps popping up when I touch the screen: I have a touch computer. Since installing Windows 11, the touch keyboard keeps popping up whenever I touch the screen into a text box, even though a keyboard is connected to the computer.I have already tried the other steps proposed in different forums and instruction videos,...
  5. Touch keyboard keeps popping up when I touch the screen

Touch keyboard keeps popping up when I touch the screen: I have a touch computer. Since installing Windows 11, the touch keyboard keeps popping up whenever I touch the screen into a text box, even though a keyboard is connected to the computer.I have already tried the other steps proposed in different forums and instruction videos,...
  6. Touch keyboard does not work when click on the task bar icon

Touch keyboard does not work when click on the task bar icon: Hello... I have Windows 10 Home.When I show the keyboard icon in task bar and then click on it, nothing happens. If I go to Ease of Access settings and turn on "Use the On-Screen Keyboard", keyboard pops up.How can I fix the icon keyboard in order to show the keyboard when...
  7. Touch Keyboard doesn't appear automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch Keyboard doesn't appear automatically: Hello,I'm currently having a problem on a PC with a touch screen.When I click on a text field, the touch keyboard does not appear automatically whether in desktop mode or in tablet modeI have already enabled the setting "Enable touch keyboard when not in tablet mode and no...
  8. Touch Keyboard doesn't appear automatically

Touch Keyboard doesn't appear automatically: Hello,I'm currently having a problem on a PC with a touch screen.When I click on a text field, the touch keyboard does not appear automatically whether in desktop mode or in tablet modeI have already enabled the setting "Enable touch keyboard when not in tablet mode and no...
  9. Touch pad not working when key is pressed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch pad not working when key is pressed: I recently updated my windows to 10 and i am facing this problem from day 1 of its use. Its is big a issue as i can't use my touch pad (synaptics) while gaming and holding any key, It was fine in windows 8.1. I searched for some solutions for it and tried them like -...
  10. Touch Keyboard doesn't display in 1809

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touch Keyboard doesn't display in 1809: I upgraded to 1809 and the Touch Keyboard is failing to display. When I click the button the keyboard fails to display but the taskbar stops functioning. I have to ctrl-alt-del before any of the taskbar buttons will function. Including the start menu. I've tried checking...