Windows 10: Touch keyboard button not launching on laptop

Discus and support Touch keyboard button not launching on laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 on my laptop, and I have already enabled the Touch Keyboard on the task bar, but clicking the button does nothing. How can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Willard720, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Touch keyboard button not launching on laptop

I am running Windows 10 on my laptop, and I have already enabled the Touch Keyboard on the task bar, but clicking the button does nothing.

How can I fix this?

:)

Willard720, Feb 7, 2017
  2. John Fer Win User

On screen Keyboard

Hi,

To quickly access the On-screen Keyboard (OSK) without going to Settings, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar.
    • Make sure that the "Show touch keyboard button" is enabled.
    • Touch keyboard icon will appear on the notification area.
    • Click on it to launch the On-Screen Keyboard.

Let us know if this works for you.

John Fer, Feb 7, 2017
  3. ccsjn Win User
    How to turn on On-screen Chinese Keyboard in Window 10?

In the latest Windows 10, the touch keyboard can be activated by right click over taskbar and
    selecting Show Touch Keyboard button option.

Touch keyboard button not launching on laptop [​IMG]

Using the touch keyboard button, the touch-keyboard can be accessed.

Touch keyboard button not launching on laptop [​IMG]

SOURCE: Touch keyboard not working in Windows 10/8

ccsjn, Feb 7, 2017
  4. wyldman68 Win User

Touch keyboard button not launching on laptop

Do you have a touch screen on your Laptop? If not the only way to use the touch keyboard is with a mouse.

wyldman68, Feb 7, 2017
Thema:

Touch keyboard button not launching on laptop

1. Touch keyboard button not launching on laptop - Similar Threads - Touch keyboard button

2. Laptop touch screen and touch keyboard use statistics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop touch screen and touch keyboard use statistics: We would like to collect stats on how often a laptops touch screen is used and when the windows touch keyboard is activated. Is this information logged and how can we retrieve this? or how can we log this information?We hope to use this data to determine if we should continue...
  3. Laptop touch screen and touch keyboard use statistics

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop touch screen and touch keyboard use statistics: We would like to collect stats on how often a laptops touch screen is used and when the windows touch keyboard is activated. Is this information logged and how can we retrieve this? or how can we log this information?We hope to use this data to determine if we should continue...
  4. Touch Keyboard is not launching in Login screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch Keyboard is not launching in Login screen.: Hi,I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC v1809 on a touchscreen system.The touch pad is not displaying in the login screen to enter the password for login to the user profile.The system is not connected to any domain , and not connected to any physical Keyboard and mouse ....
  5. Touch Keyboard is not launching in Login screen.

Touch Keyboard is not launching in Login screen.: Hi,I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC v1809 on a touchscreen system.The touch pad is not displaying in the login screen to enter the password for login to the user profile.The system is not connected to any domain , and not connected to any physical Keyboard and mouse ....
  6. Windows 11: Toggling "Touch Keyboard" from taskbar keyboard button, other touch keyboard...

Windows 11: Toggling "Touch Keyboard" from taskbar keyboard button, other touch keyboard...: Hello,The Windows 11 Touch Keyboard is a step backwards from the prior Windows 10 Touch Keyboard which was also frustratingly lacking in features and suffered from a multitude of issues due to poor UI design and constant bugs.I don't expect Microsoft to ever fix any of the...
  7. Windows 11: Toggling "Touch Keyboard" from taskbar keyboard button, other touch keyboard...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: Toggling "Touch Keyboard" from taskbar keyboard button, other touch keyboard...: Hello,The Windows 11 Touch Keyboard is a step backwards from the prior Windows 10 Touch Keyboard which was also frustratingly lacking in features and suffered from a multitude of issues due to poor UI design and constant bugs.I don't expect Microsoft to ever fix any of the...
  8. Touch Keyboard Won't Launch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch Keyboard Won't Launch: Like the headline says, when I click on the taskbar icon for Touch keyboard, nothing happens. This is true with keyboard type cover attached, no keyboard attached, and in Tablet Mode.The Ease of Access keyboard launches, but this is different. The Touch keyboard allows for...
  9. [19H1]Touch keyboard button cannot be opened in taskbar after change touch keyboard input...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    [19H1]Touch keyboard button cannot be opened in taskbar after change touch keyboard input...: Steps to repro: 1. Show touch keyboard button in taskbar. 2. Change touch keyboard input method to input under Tent/Pad/Stand/NB. 3. After a while find Touch keyboard button cannot be opened. BTW : Use mouse and touch both can't open Touch keyboard button. The issue...
  10. Disable Show touch keyboard button

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Show touch keyboard button: Howdy, Right click on desktop toolbar, 4th item from top is "Show touch keyboard button". How can I disable "gray out" this one using registry tweak? Thanks BTW :) 114705