Windows 10: Touch keyboard closes immediately in certain maximized apps while taskbar is hidden

Discus and support Touch keyboard closes immediately in certain maximized apps while taskbar is hidden in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've experienced this issue both on my Windows 10 PC, and on my Windows 11 Surface Pro 7+.While using certain apps in a maximized window, and ONLY... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by murni206, Jan 16, 2022.

1. murni206 Win User

Touch keyboard closes immediately in certain maximized apps while taskbar is hidden

I've experienced this issue both on my Windows 10 PC, and on my Windows 11 Surface Pro 7+.While using certain apps in a maximized window, and ONLY while the taskbar is set to hidden, if I try to open the touch keyboard aka onscreen virtual keyboard, the keyboard pops up for a second, but almost immediately closes, making it unusable.Apps that cause this problem include File Explorer, Word, Paint, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. The problem occurs in both of the following instances: Virtual keyboard opened manually from the task bar, and virtual keyboard opened by tapping a text box with

:)

murni206, Jan 16, 2022

2. mouse cursor disappears on taskbar and on windows control buttons (maximize, close)

After installing Fall Creators update today, the mouse cursor disappears on certain elements.

• disappears on taskbar area (when in that area, also if taskbar is still hidden)
    • disappears on maximized windows controlbuttons (maximize, close)

Touch keyboard closes immediately in certain maximized apps while taskbar is hidden 0f9dd81a-1ed7-4014-865b-da72d9ed7919.jpg

Reinstalling mousedriver and upgrade to newest Nvidia gpu-driver didnt fix it.

What is the solution?

mousemousemouse1, Jan 16, 2022
  3. maximized screen hidden behind taskbar in Windows 10

maximized screen hidden behind taskbar in Windows 10

Chrismicro, Jan 16, 2022
  4. Touch keyboard closes immediately in certain maximized apps while taskbar is hidden

Touch keyboard pops up at login

If the above steps didn't work, we suggest that you disable the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service. Please follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Services, and then press Enter.
    • On the right pane, look for Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service. Double-click on it.
    • Locate the Startup Type drop down, and change it to Disabled.
    • Click on Apply button to save changes.
    • Click on OK button to close the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service
      window.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Jan 16, 2022
Thema:

Touch keyboard closes immediately in certain maximized apps while taskbar is hidden

1. Touch keyboard closes immediately in certain maximized apps while taskbar is hidden - Similar Threads - Touch keyboard closes

2. Touch keyboard opens but closes immediately with maximized windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch keyboard opens but closes immediately with maximized windows: Title pretty much sums it up, the on screen touch keyboard will not stay open when the window is maximized, but it the window is just pulled to all corners the keyboard pops up with a touch tap and stays open and available.Ive waited almost a full year dealing with this...
  3. Touch keyboard opens but closes immediately with maximized windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch keyboard opens but closes immediately with maximized windows: Title pretty much sums it up, the on screen touch keyboard will not stay open when the window is maximized, but it the window is just pulled to all corners the keyboard pops up with a touch tap and stays open and available.Ive waited almost a full year dealing with this...
  4. Apps open then close immediately.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Apps open then close immediately.: This is starting to get on my nerves. When I open an app like the Xbox app, Microsoft store, get help app, or any random app, it just closes on me. Doesn't open for a split second. This is pissing me off as I quite literally asked someone else, they said I'd get a reply with...
  5. Touch keyboard closes immediately in certain maximized apps while taskbar is hidden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch keyboard closes immediately in certain maximized apps while taskbar is hidden: I've experienced this issue both on my Windows 10 PC, and on my Windows 11 Surface Pro 7+.While using certain apps in a maximized window, and ONLY while the taskbar is set to hidden, if I try to open the touch keyboard aka onscreen virtual keyboard, the keyboard pops up for a...
  6. Auto-close touch keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto-close touch keyboard: Anyone have an idea what to do so that the touch keyboard does not close automatically when entering the start menu? 181495
  7. Apps closing immediately

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps closing immediately: I'm having an issue where some apps are opening, then closing down immediately. The mouse changes to the "thinking" mode, the app never appears, then seems to close down. So the screen of the program never really shows up. This happens under both Admin and User accounts....
  8. Settings app closes immediately

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings app closes immediately: Hello, I'm on Windows 10 1809, and since today the app settings can no longer start! Indeed, it starts and then closes immediately. I did run "sfc /scannow", it found several corrupted files, but didn't solved my problem. Thanks, Matthéo, aka WiseMatthack....
  9. Chrome Minimize/Maximize/Close don't work with touch

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Minimize/Maximize/Close don't work with touch: Hello! We have an odd problem and I can't find any reference to anyone who has had this or a setting that might cause it. My daughter's HP Envy X360 has a touch screen that works beautifully... EXCEPT it will not work with the minimize/maximize/close buttons on Chrome....
  10. Chrome Minimize/Maximize/Close don't work with touch

in Windows 10 Support
    Chrome Minimize/Maximize/Close don't work with touch: Hello! We have an odd problem and I can't find any reference to anyone who has had this or a setting that might cause it. My daughter's HP Envy X360 has a touch screen that works beautifully... EXCEPT it will not work with the minimize/maximize/close buttons on Chrome....