Windows 10: Touch Keyboard Does Not Display When Clicked

Discus and support Touch Keyboard Does Not Display When Clicked in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have recurring issues with the Windows 10 touch keyboard refusing to open. Services.msc reports that the "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Earth Nuggets, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Touch Keyboard Does Not Display When Clicked

I have recurring issues with the Windows 10 touch keyboard refusing to open. Services.msc reports that the "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service" is running fine; the same goes for its dependencies. Screenshot below:

Touch Keyboard Does Not Display When Clicked ea6dbc7e-a7ee-4beb-8bd8-2b7e2f7af049?upload=true.png

I have also tried the "sfc /scannow" function in Command Prompt, which reported zero errors. All drivers are up-to-date according to Device Manager as well as third-party software I've tried. The thing that confounds me most of all is that when I have the Cortana panel open above the taskbar, clicking on the touch keyboard icon then results in this oddity:

Touch Keyboard Does Not Display When Clicked 9e7d4589-5b67-463a-9337-c774fcc9e87e?upload=true.png

So, clicking the touch keyboard icon does do something! The keyboard is just invisible and unusable. I don't get it. Does anyone have any other troubleshooting ideas I can try, or am I stuck with the software keyboard forever?

:)

Earth Nuggets, Jan 12, 2019

2. Touch keyboard pops up at login

If the above steps didn't work, we suggest that you disable the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service. Please follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Services, and then press Enter.
    • On the right pane, look for Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service. Double-click on it.
    • Locate the Startup Type drop down, and change it to Disabled.
    • Click on Apply button to save changes.
    • Click on OK button to close the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service
      window.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Mon.k11 Win User
    Touch keyboard pops up at login

Thanks for the help, this method worked.

Mon.k11, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Touch Keyboard Does Not Display When Clicked

Windows 10 touch keyboard has stopped appearing

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

A quick question before we proceed:

What is the KB number of the update you have installed?

To know the KB numbers of the failing updates, follow the below steps:

• In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.
      • In the left pane, click View update history.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to enable touch keyboard when there is no keyboard attached to the device.

• Press the Windows key
      or click on Start icon.

• Click on Settings.

• Click on Devices.
    • Click on Typing.
    • Scroll down and toggle on: Automatically show the touch keyboard in windowed apps when there's no keyboard attached
      to your device.

Method 2:

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the Task bar and select Show Touch Keyboard Button.

2. Open the Keyboard and close it (just to check if it’s working).

2. Next click on Action center and select Tablet Mode.

3. Once you are in Tablet mode, again Right click on the Task bar and select Show Touch Keyboard Button.

5. Open the Key board and check if it’s working in Tablet mode. Next check if it’s available on the task bar in both desktop and tablet mode.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Touch Keyboard Does Not Display When Clicked

1. Touch Keyboard Does Not Display When Clicked - Similar Threads - Touch Keyboard Does

2. Touch keyboard does not work when click on the task bar icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch keyboard does not work when click on the task bar icon: Hello... I have Windows 10 Home.When I show the keyboard icon in task bar and then click on it, nothing happens. If I go to Ease of Access settings and turn on "Use the On-Screen Keyboard", keyboard pops up.How can I fix the icon keyboard in order to show the keyboard when...
  3. Touch keyboard does not work when click on the task bar icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch keyboard does not work when click on the task bar icon: Hello... I have Windows 10 Home.When I show the keyboard icon in task bar and then click on it, nothing happens. If I go to Ease of Access settings and turn on "Use the On-Screen Keyboard", keyboard pops up.How can I fix the icon keyboard in order to show the keyboard when...
  4. Windows 11 - Touch keyboard is appearing on non-touch displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Touch keyboard is appearing on non-touch displays: As in the title, any time I select a field on one of my non-touch displays the touch keyboard is appearing there and cannot be placed on the main, touch screen display by default....
  5. touch keyboard does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touch keyboard does not work: touch keyboard will not launch https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-keyboard-does-not-work/9ab9077c-b5a1-4336-a4d9-e6eb4991d3ff
  6. touch keyboard does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    touch keyboard does not work: touch keyboard will not launch https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-keyboard-does-not-work/9ab9077c-b5a1-4336-a4d9-e6eb4991d3ff
  7. Touch keyboard will not display keyboard on screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touch keyboard will not display keyboard on screen: The touch keyboard icon at the bottom of my screen taskbar? is visible. But when I click it nothing happens. Even though I do not have a touch screen monitor the touch keyboard has been displaying and I've used my mouse to type on it. But now it won't display on my monitor...
  8. THE TOUCH KEYBOARD DOES NOT WORK...

in Windows 10 Customization
    THE TOUCH KEYBOARD DOES NOT WORK...: Hello community./ Currently, my touch keyboard has failures, this happened after I updated Windows 10. What can I do to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-touch-keyboard-does-not-work/20247e23-5f2e-47f6-96e7-449d0a3decbc
  9. Touch Keyboard doesn't display in 1809

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touch Keyboard doesn't display in 1809: I upgraded to 1809 and the Touch Keyboard is failing to display. When I click the button the keyboard fails to display but the taskbar stops functioning. I have to ctrl-alt-del before any of the taskbar buttons will function. Including the start menu. I've tried checking...
  10. Touch Keyboard icon (in taskbar) when clicked on does nothing

in Windows 10 Support
    Touch Keyboard icon (in taskbar) when clicked on does nothing: I am able to display the Touch Keyboard icon in the taskbar but when I click on the Touch Keyboard icon nothing happens (the Touch Keyboard does not pop up). It used to work in Windows 8.1 but when I upgraded to Win 10 it no longer displays. I'm not talking about the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen does not change when clicked