Windows 10: Touch Keyboard For Windows Makes My Computer Not Sleep.

Discus and support Touch Keyboard For Windows Makes My Computer Not Sleep. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I use touch keyboard a lot specifically for microphone so I can quick search while I am leaned back. I have noticed though every time that when I use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Falldown_, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Falldown_ Win User

Touch Keyboard For Windows Makes My Computer Not Sleep.

I use touch keyboard a lot specifically for microphone so I can quick search while I am leaned back. I have noticed though every time that when I use microphone and that search it makes my computer not sleep. I have no idea why and it doesn't make sense. I already have tried powercfg override, and as well when I even unplug my headset it still doesn't sleep and shows this.PluggedUnplugged

:)

Falldown_, Mar 19, 2023

2. Wake from Sleep with Touch Pad and Keyboard

My laptop is an ASUS X55LA. I have attached both photos and yes, I was referring to the device manager. BTW there is no 'Power Management' settings in my BIOS.

Touch Keyboard For Windows Makes My Computer Not Sleep. 74311d1485965630t-wake-sleep-touch-pad-keyboard-screenshot-4-.png

Touch Keyboard For Windows Makes My Computer Not Sleep. 74312d1485965630t-wake-sleep-touch-pad-keyboard-screenshot-5-.png

SamTheGr8est, Mar 19, 2023
  3. Touch keyboard pops up at login

If the above steps didn't work, we suggest that you disable the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service. Please follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Services, and then press Enter.
    • On the right pane, look for Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service. Double-click on it.
    • Locate the Startup Type drop down, and change it to Disabled.
    • Click on Apply button to save changes.
    • Click on OK button to close the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service
      window.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Mar 19, 2023
  4. Arul_D Win User

Touch keyboard

Hi Patrick,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Does this issue specific to the touch keyboard and with certain Apps?

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if it resolves the issue.

Method 1: I would suggest you to perform System File to fix the corrupted system file and then check if this fixes the issue.

Follow the steps:

a. Press “Windows Key + C” to open Charms Bar.

b. Type “cmd” without quotes in the search box.

c. On the left pane, right click on the “cmd” option and select “Run as Administrator”.

d. Type ‘sfc /scannow’ without quotes and hit enter.

Method 2: If the issue persists
    thenset your computer in
    Clean Boot state and check if the same issue occurs.

By setting your system in clean boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista, 7 or in Windows 8:

How to perform a clean boot in Windows - Microsoft Support

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting step, follow the steps outlined by
    “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot “in the provided link to return your computer to
    Normal startup mode.

Refer to the link: How to use the touch keyboard:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/using-touch-keyboard

For any Windows related issues please feel free to contact us and we will be glad to help.

Arul_D, Mar 19, 2023
Thema:

1. Touch Keyboard For Windows Makes My Computer Not Sleep. - Similar Threads - Touch Keyboard Makes

2. Touch Keyboard For Windows Makes My Computer Not Sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch Keyboard For Windows Makes My Computer Not Sleep.: I use touch keyboard a lot specifically for microphone so I can quick search while I am leaned back. I have noticed though every time that when I use microphone and that search it makes my computer not sleep. I have no idea why and it doesn't make sense. I already have tried...
  3. Touch keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch keyboard: The touch keyboard on the computer for some reason does not pop up automatically https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-keyboard/b6392961-5f04-4886-91b0-b95c817c60b9
  4. Touch Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch Keyboard: Hello.Ned some help with windows 11 home insider program 22H2 22581.200I have a tablet and something weird happened. until yesterday the touch screen was working fine. Today it doesn't appear on the screen. The icon is there but the keyboard is not appn the settings the on of...
  5. touch keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touch keyboard: Hi, sorry my grammar might be off because i'm 12. I've learned my cromebook is a windows 10, anyway my touchpad's keyboard stopped working. This is a problem how? Well when i move my screen and put the computer keyboard on my lap, sometimes I tap a little to hard and it...
  6. Touch keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touch keyboard: I use a laptop with a touch screen as my primary PC, hooked to a monitor, usb wireless keyboard and mouse. However, with the limited typing I do, I usually just pop open the touch keyboard and click away with my mouse. When I initially got the computer, after I typed in...
  7. Touch keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touch keyboard: The touch keyboard on the taskbar has stopped working. What could be the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-keyboard/829ab1b7-52c5-4a19-92ef-07eb13c6f4c7
  8. touch keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    touch keyboard: on my dell inspiron 13 5000series, I folded the screen back to activate tablit mode and pressed the touck keyboard icon and a blanc white space appeared on my screen where the keyboard shpuld appear. this disabled rhe icons at the bottom until I converted into laptop mode.i...
  9. Wake from Sleep with Touch Pad and Keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wake from Sleep with Touch Pad and Keyboard: Hi, I'm new to the forums and I need help waking my laptop with my in-built touch pad and keyboard. To do so I need to enable a setting on my Touch Pad and Keyboard driver/device properties, which should be located underneath the 'Power Management' tab. However, there is no...
  10. No touch keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    No touch keyboard: I have a windows tablet which I perhaps unwisely upgraded from Win7 to Win10. Actually Win10 is working just fine except for one problem. The touch keyboard which was in my Win7 system tray is no longer available. Win10 has an icon in the system tray which looks nearly...