Windows 10: Touch keyboard has many missing emojis, replaced with blank squares

Discus and support Touch keyboard has many missing emojis, replaced with blank squares in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The emoji panel of the Win10 touch keyboard has lost several emojis and replaced them with empty squares. Other symbols are affected as well. They were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by pjfarr, Dec 2, 2018.

1. pjfarr Win User

Touch keyboard has many missing emojis, replaced with blank squares

The emoji panel of the Win10 touch keyboard has lost several emojis and replaced them with empty squares. Other symbols are affected as well. They were all there a few days ago. What could've happened? Are the emojis drawn from a particular font that may have been corrupted?

What I've tried: sfc /scannow, restoring default font settings, clearing cache, nothing worked. Screenshots below (note even the symbols on the tabs are missing):

Touch keyboard has many missing emojis, replaced with blank squares 4f963963-f1be-410e-b92b-05c3d905e154?upload=true.jpg Touch keyboard has many missing emojis, replaced with blank squares 352d788b-cb2f-475f-8154-b35cbb2361bd?upload=true.jpg

:)

pjfarr, Dec 2, 2018
  2. pjfarr Win User

Windows touch keyboard has replaced some emojis with blank squares

The emoji panel of the Win10 touch keyboard has lost several emojis and replaced them with empty squares. Other symbols are affected as well. They were all there a few days ago. What gives?

UPDATE: Just discovered possibly related issue with Windows Defender UI, icon overlays displaying blank squares:

Touch keyboard has many missing emojis, replaced with blank squares [​IMG]

pjfarr, Dec 2, 2018
  3. Jaune Bel Win User
    How to fix emoji keyboard not showing up using shortcut

Hi,

This issue is often caused by a corrupted or missing data file. To better isolate if this is a user profile specific or an emerging issue, we suggest that you create a new user profile and try to use the same keyboard shortcut to get the emoji keyboard to
    show up. Here's the link for the steps on how to:
    Set up accounts

In the meantime, we'll give you the steps for a workaround to access the emojis. Here are the steps:

• Right-click on the Taskbar.
    • Select the Show touch keyboard button option and a keyboard icon will show up on your
      Taskbar.
    • Click the keyboard icon and select the emoji button.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Jaune Bel, Dec 2, 2018
  4. Touch keyboard has many missing emojis, replaced with blank squares

no emoji button on Touch Keyboard in Windows 10

I can get the touch keyboard but it doesn't show the smiley emoticon .. how do i enable emoticons on it ?

JeriMaloneXC, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

Touch keyboard has many missing emojis, replaced with blank squares

1. Touch keyboard has many missing emojis, replaced with blank squares - Similar Threads - Touch keyboard has

2. 3D emoji gone from touch keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3D emoji gone from touch keyboard: Hello everyone! In this evening, after I installed the KB5031354 October 2023 update the 3D emojis shipped with the September 26th update "Moment 4" update were replaced with the old 2D emojis. What happened?...
  3. 3D emoji gone from touch keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3D emoji gone from touch keyboard: Hello everyone! In this evening, after I installed the KB5031354 October 2023 update the 3D emojis shipped with the September 26th update "Moment 4" update were replaced with the old 2D emojis. What happened?...
  4. Emoji and Touch Keyboard Is Not Working At All

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Emoji and Touch Keyboard Is Not Working At All: My emoji and touch keyboard is not working at all. If I press Win + . on my laptop keyboard, nothing shows up. This has never happened before, usually my emoji keyboard worked fine. Using DISM.exe, sfc /scannow, registry editor, clean boot to fix this problem but none of it...
  5. Emoji and Touch Keyboard Is Not Working At All

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Emoji and Touch Keyboard Is Not Working At All: My emoji and touch keyboard is not working at all. If I press Win + . on my laptop keyboard, nothing shows up. This has never happened before, usually my emoji keyboard worked fine. Using DISM.exe, sfc /scannow, registry editor, clean boot to fix this problem but none of it...
  6. Is the emoji keyboard missing ≠ or am I crazy?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is the emoji keyboard missing ≠ or am I crazy?: I spent 5 minutes looking through the emoji keyboard. Yes I know there are a lot of other ways to get the not equal sign but I like that the emoji keyboard saves a history of recent symbols so keeping it there is ideal. Did I miss it? Is there a way to search the symbols or...
  7. NOT OPENING EMOJI PANEL AND TOUCH KEYBOARD

in Windows 10 Customization
    NOT OPENING EMOJI PANEL AND TOUCH KEYBOARD: Hellow I have a problem with emoji panel and touch keyboard also it is not opening in my latest windows version preview v20H2 but it works in this version before resetting my pc when i press shortcut key "windows + ." so please help me my keyboard is set to English us and...
  8. Red Heart Emoji On Windows 10 touch keyboard

Red Heart Emoji On Windows 10 touch keyboard: Hi It seems That Red Heart in Windows 10 symbol Keyboard result black heart as a Missing Emoji Variation Selector of your keyboard Unicodes. of Microsoft Emoji keyboard Start + . compared with I copied from https://emojipedia.org/red-heart/ After Comparing...
  9. i cant find the touch keyboard option (the keyboard with emoji)?

i cant find the touch keyboard option (the keyboard with emoji)?: i cant find the touch keyboard option (the keyboard with emoji)! its neither on the right hand side of the taskbar, it simply got disappeared....
  10. Emoji panel replaced some emojis with blank squares.

in Windows 10 Support
    Emoji panel replaced some emojis with blank squares.: The emoji panel of the Win10 touch keyboard has lost several emojis and replaced them with empty squares. They were all there a few days ago. What gives? [img] [img] 116391