Windows 10: Touch keyboard is slow.

Discus and support Touch keyboard is slow. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The touch keyboard has become slow recently compared to the time shortly after I installed Windows. Now if I type my normal speed I lose every other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by serrzh, Nov 25, 2018.

1. serrzh Win User

Touch keyboard is slow.

The touch keyboard has become slow recently compared to the time shortly after I installed Windows. Now if I type my normal speed I lose every other character in the written word. I have to force myself type slowly in order to have all the letters typed. I've got Hanns-G touch screen monitor 22 inches multitouch.

Is there any way to improve it? Why do hand input processes do not have the highest priority in the system? I turned off the word suggestions, but it is slow anyway. This system gets overloaded sometimes because of a windows service that does video stream recording. The CPU load is 50% in average, peaking to 100% often. But the highest priority process wouldn't be affected, would it? Anyway, I've got another computer, Windows Surface Pro, and it started to show the same problem beginning this Spring I think. I don't use it often, so I didn't care much. But now it became a problem because the touch keyboard on the first computer became of our major use. It's really annoying that I cannot type quickly.

Appreciate any help

:)

serrzh, Nov 25, 2018

2. Touch keyboard pops up at login

If the above steps didn't work, we suggest that you disable the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service. Please follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Services, and then press Enter.
    • On the right pane, look for Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service. Double-click on it.
    • Locate the Startup Type drop down, and change it to Disabled.
    • Click on Apply button to save changes.
    • Click on OK button to close the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service
      window.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Mon.k11 Win User
    Touch keyboard pops up at login

Thanks for the help, this method worked.

Mon.k11, Nov 25, 2018
  4. Ruz San Win User

Touch keyboard is slow.

Add the Touch Keyboard Icon to the Action Center

Hi Doug,

Adding the touch keyboard on the items in Action Center is currently not available in Windows 10. However, you can change the settings to automatically show the touch keyboard when you use the device in tablet mode. If you'd like to do this, you can
    follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Open Settings.
    • Select Devices.
    • Go to Typing.
    • Under Touch keyboard settings, switch on Automatically show the touch keyboard in windowed apps when there’s no keyboard attached to your device.

If you want to provide a feedback or suggestion to Microsoft to have the touch keyboard available in Action Center, you can post it
    here.

Let us know if the suggestion above works for you.

Keep us posted.

Ruz San, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

Touch keyboard is slow.

1. Touch keyboard is slow. - Similar Threads - Touch keyboard slow

2. Touch keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch keyboard: The touch keyboard on the computer for some reason does not pop up automatically https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-keyboard/b6392961-5f04-4886-91b0-b95c817c60b9
  3. Touch Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch Keyboard: Hello.Ned some help with windows 11 home insider program 22H2 22581.200I have a tablet and something weird happened. until yesterday the touch screen was working fine. Today it doesn't appear on the screen. The icon is there but the keyboard is not appn the settings the on of...
  4. touch keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touch keyboard: Hi, sorry my grammar might be off because i'm 12. I've learned my cromebook is a windows 10, anyway my touchpad's keyboard stopped working. This is a problem how? Well when i move my screen and put the computer keyboard on my lap, sometimes I tap a little to hard and it...
  5. touch keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    touch keyboard: my touch keyboard wont allow me to speak to text tells me that my microphone isn't connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-keyboard/0130acf6-c9f0-40bd-a916-399a1e0d045e
  6. Touch keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touch keyboard: I use a laptop with a touch screen as my primary PC, hooked to a monitor, usb wireless keyboard and mouse. However, with the limited typing I do, I usually just pop open the touch keyboard and click away with my mouse. When I initially got the computer, after I typed in...
  7. Touch keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touch keyboard: The touch keyboard on the taskbar has stopped working. What could be the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-keyboard/829ab1b7-52c5-4a19-92ef-07eb13c6f4c7
  8. touch keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    touch keyboard: on my dell inspiron 13 5000series, I folded the screen back to activate tablit mode and pressed the touck keyboard icon and a blanc white space appeared on my screen where the keyboard shpuld appear. this disabled rhe icons at the bottom until I converted into laptop mode.i...
  9. touch keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    touch keyboard: Whenever I click my touch keyboard only a plain white box appears they keys do not appear. How do I make it appear again?. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/touch-keyboard/fe4a6d3e-e8a6-43a6-a425-812fafc3e8c7
  10. No touch keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    No touch keyboard: I have a windows tablet which I perhaps unwisely upgraded from Win7 to Win10. Actually Win10 is working just fine except for one problem. The touch keyboard which was in my Win7 system tray is no longer available. Win10 has an icon in the system tray which looks nearly...