Windows 10: Touch Keyboard NOT On screen Keyboard pops up automatically

Discus and support Touch Keyboard NOT On screen Keyboard pops up automatically in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all!I have a first gen Microsoft Surface Go, and by now this thing is definitely showing its age. Loading up the keyboard is not very quick.Whenever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by iDrinkBBQ, Oct 4, 2022.

1. iDrinkBBQ Win User

Touch Keyboard NOT On screen Keyboard pops up automatically

Hi all!I have a first gen Microsoft Surface Go, and by now this thing is definitely showing its age. Loading up the keyboard is not very quick.Whenever I use Discord on my Surface, every time I swap to a different channel, the keyboard automatically pops up when I'm in tablet mode. This makes using Discord downright painful. I was wondering if there is a way to disable this so that the Touch Keyboard only shows up when I click the button on the taskbar.If this requires a registry key edit, I am ok with that.Thanks!

:)

iDrinkBBQ, Oct 4, 2022
  2. red197 Win User

Turn off touch keyboard BUT have a keyboard available on startup

Hi,

I have the problem that anytime I touch the screen with my pen (which is what I use instead of a mouse, being an illustrator) the touch keyboard pops up, even though I have a (bluetooth) keyboard attached. I'd like to get rid of this behavior, HOWEVER, it's mandatory that I have either the touch keyboard or a screen keyboard when i start my tablet in order to be able to sign in to my account. at that point the system does not recognize an external keyboard. Can anyone tell me how to accomplished this: the steps to disable the annoying popup touch keyboard BUT have a keyboard available at startup?

Thanks in advance for any help.

red197, Oct 4, 2022
  3. semantsen Win User
    How do I make touch keyboard always pop up automatically

I have recently purchased HP Pavilion x360, 14ba075tx. I have set the touch keyboard to
    "show the touch keyboard when not in tablet mode and there's no keyboard attached"
    In Spite of this, setting does not seems to remain forever. It gets pop up automatically only sometimes.
    How do I make it pop up always automatically?
    Is there any fine setting?

semantsen, Oct 4, 2022
  4. Touch Keyboard NOT On screen Keyboard pops up automatically

Touch keyboard pops up at login

If the above steps didn't work, we suggest that you disable the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service. Please follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Services, and then press Enter.
    • On the right pane, look for Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service. Double-click on it.
    • Locate the Startup Type drop down, and change it to Disabled.
    • Click on Apply button to save changes.
    • Click on OK button to close the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service
      window.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Oct 4, 2022
Thema:

Touch Keyboard NOT On screen Keyboard pops up automatically

1. Touch Keyboard NOT On screen Keyboard pops up automatically - Similar Threads - Touch Keyboard screen

2. Touch keyboard keeps popping up when I touch the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch keyboard keeps popping up when I touch the screen: I have a touch computer. Since installing Windows 11, the touch keyboard keeps popping up whenever I touch the screen into a text box, even though a keyboard is connected to the computer.I have already tried the other steps proposed in different forums and instruction videos,...
  3. Touch keyboard keeps popping up when I touch the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch keyboard keeps popping up when I touch the screen: I have a touch computer. Since installing Windows 11, the touch keyboard keeps popping up whenever I touch the screen into a text box, even though a keyboard is connected to the computer.I have already tried the other steps proposed in different forums and instruction videos,...
  4. Touch Keyboard keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch Keyboard keeps popping up: On my Surface Pro 7 every time I open a page on any application that has a type bar ready to be typed in, the "touch keyboard" pops up. I have the keyboard turned off in the settings already, but it still pops up. Also, the "on screen keyboard" these are two separate...
  5. Touch Keyboard keeps popping up

Touch Keyboard keeps popping up: On my Surface Pro 7 every time I open a page on any application that has a type bar ready to be typed in, the "touch keyboard" pops up. I have the keyboard turned off in the settings already, but it still pops up. Also, the "on screen keyboard" these are two separate...
  6. The on screen/touch keyboard does not open automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The on screen/touch keyboard does not open automatically: After I update windows 11 to windows 11 22h2, when I click on any field to type, the on screen/touch keyboard does not open, I use touchscreen only, i have to open it manually from task bar, how to solve this problem ?...
  7. The on screen/touch keyboard does not open automatically

The on screen/touch keyboard does not open automatically: After I update windows 11 to windows 11 22h2, when I click on any field to type, the on screen/touch keyboard does not open, I use touchscreen only, i have to open it manually from task bar, how to solve this problem ?...
  8. Touch Keyboard NOT On screen Keyboard pops up automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch Keyboard NOT On screen Keyboard pops up automatically: Hi all!I have a first gen Microsoft Surface Go, and by now this thing is definitely showing its age. Loading up the keyboard is not very quick.Whenever I use Discord on my Surface, every time I swap to a different channel, the keyboard automatically pops up when I'm in tablet...
  9. touch keyboard pops up at start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    touch keyboard pops up at start up: Immediately after the last windows update I started getting a pop up keyboard at start up. This is annoying and a waste. Please tell me how to stop it. [ATTACH]...
  10. How do I make touch keyboard always pop up automatically

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I make touch keyboard always pop up automatically: I have recently purchased HP Pavilion x360, 14ba075tx. I have set the touch keyboard to "show the touch keyboard when not in tablet mode and there's no keyboard attached" In Spite of this, setting does not seems to remain forever. It gets pop up automatically only...