Windows 10: Touch keyboard not opening when touching a text field on webpages

Discus and support Touch keyboard not opening when touching a text field on webpages in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. We have this issue appearing more and more often and I tried everything without success.Whenever you click on a webpage text or textarea field on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Andy_313RE, Aug 18, 2022.

1. Touch keyboard not opening when touching a text field on webpages

Hi. We have this issue appearing more and more often and I tried everything without success.Whenever you click on a webpage text or textarea field on any website, the touch keyboard doesn't show anymore. We have Win 10 LTSC version and it used to work very well until this annoying and SHOW-STOPPING problem...I obviously enabled in the Typing settings the option "Show the touch keyboard when no keyboard attached", but no luch. I checked the services and all are OK, I scanned with sfc and many other stuff, but nothing worked. Does anyone has any advice.

:)

Andy_313RE, Aug 18, 2022
  2. MiCl Win User

Touch keyboard lacks autocorrect, Word Flow, etc. in certain apps and text fields

The touch keyboard in Windows 10 has some pretty great features such as autocorrect and Word Flow, but as far as I can tell, the only place where both of these features work is Discord on Edge.

In Sticky Notes, Word, and most other websites in Edge, Word Flow works, and the keyboard shows word suggestions on the top, but there's no autocorrect. In Chrome and Sublime Text, there's no word suggestions, autocorrect, or Word Flow. Here's what I'm experiencing with Word Flow:

The answer a Microsoft Agent gives is:

It's rather frustrating for me that autocorrect and Word Flow don't work in so many apps. How can I enable these features even when the specific app or text field apparently isn't configured to support them?

3. f14tomcat Win User
    Touch Devices

Hi Edwin....

Yes, it works on 8.1, at least on my surface pro 3.

Couldn't do a screenshot cause can't get to Snipping tool while keyboard is up, so I did a "step recording". See attached. Pardon the background, it's my Granddaughter! Cheers! *Cool

f14tomcat, Aug 18, 2022
  4. Touch keyboard not opening when touching a text field on webpages

Touch Keyboard icon (in taskbar) when clicked on does nothing

I did this and it has no affect on the Touch Keyboard. I believe this option pertains only to the On-Screen Keyboard.
    So if you are able to see the Touch Keyboard on you non-touch system, there must be a setting somewhere I'm not seeing...perhaps a value in the Registry needs to be changed.
    Thanks for the reply.

John 70834, Aug 18, 2022
Thema:

Touch keyboard not opening when touching a text field on webpages

1. Touch keyboard not opening when touching a text field on webpages - Similar Threads - Touch keyboard opening

2. Touch keyboard not opening when touching a text field on webpages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch keyboard not opening when touching a text field on webpages: Hi. We have this issue appearing more and more often and I tried everything without success.Whenever you click on a webpage text or textarea field on any website, the touch keyboard doesn't show anymore. We have Win 10 LTSC version and it used to work very well until this...
  3. Touch keyboard not opening when touching a text field on webpages

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touch keyboard not opening when touching a text field on webpages: Hi. We have this issue appearing more and more often and I tried everything without success.Whenever you click on a webpage text or textarea field on any website, the touch keyboard doesn't show anymore. We have Win 10 LTSC version and it used to work very well until this...
  4. Touch keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch keyboard: The touch keyboard on the computer for some reason does not pop up automatically https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-keyboard/b6392961-5f04-4886-91b0-b95c817c60b9
  5. Touch keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touch keyboard: I use a laptop with a touch screen as my primary PC, hooked to a monitor, usb wireless keyboard and mouse. However, with the limited typing I do, I usually just pop open the touch keyboard and click away with my mouse. When I initially got the computer, after I typed in...
  6. Touch keyboard

Touch keyboard: The touch keyboard on the taskbar has stopped working. What could be the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-keyboard/829ab1b7-52c5-4a19-92ef-07eb13c6f4c7
  7. Touch keyboard don´t auto open when text field marks.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touch keyboard don´t auto open when text field marks.: Hello, I have a computer touchpad with Windows 10 Enterprise, version 1809, installed 2019-04-03. When I mark a text field, the touch keyboard don´t open automatically. This have worked before but no longer, what is wrong? I have look for any settings but don´t found...
  8. Touch keyboard don´t auto open when text field marks.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touch keyboard don´t auto open when text field marks.: Hello, I have a touchpad with Windows 10 Enterprise, version 1809, installed 2019-04-03. When I mark a text field, the touch keyboard don´t open automatically. This have worked before but no longer, what is wrong? I have look for any settings but don´t found something. I...
  9. touch keyboard

touch keyboard: on my dell inspiron 13 5000series, I folded the screen back to activate tablit mode and pressed the touck keyboard icon and a blanc white space appeared on my screen where the keyboard shpuld appear. this disabled rhe icons at the bottom until I converted into laptop mode.i...
  10. No touch keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    No touch keyboard: I have a windows tablet which I perhaps unwisely upgraded from Win7 to Win10. Actually Win10 is working just fine except for one problem. The touch keyboard which was in my Win7 system tray is no longer available. Win10 has an icon in the system tray which looks nearly...