Windows 10: touch keyboard pops up at start up

Discus and support touch keyboard pops up at start up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Immediately after the last windows update I started getting a pop up keyboard at start up. This is annoying and a waste. Please tell me how to stop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TerryDay4, Jun 19, 2020.

1. TerryDay4 Win User

touch keyboard pops up at start up

Immediately after the last windows update I started getting a pop up keyboard at start up. This is annoying and a waste.

Please tell me how to stop it.

touch keyboard pops up at start up 7e511560-e060-4ea0-a407-df227b0dd7bc?upload=true.jpg

:)

TerryDay4, Jun 19, 2020

2. Touch keyboard pops up at login

If the above steps didn't work, we suggest that you disable the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service. Please follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Services, and then press Enter.
    • On the right pane, look for Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service. Double-click on it.
    • Locate the Startup Type drop down, and change it to Disabled.
    • Click on Apply button to save changes.
    • Click on OK button to close the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service
      window.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Mon.k11 Win User
    Touch keyboard pops up at login

Thanks for the help, this method worked.

Mon.k11, Jun 19, 2020
  4. red197 Win User

Turn off touch keyboard BUT have a keyboard available on startup

Hi,

I have the problem that anytime I touch the screen with my pen (which is what I use instead of a mouse, being an illustrator) the touch keyboard pops up, even though I have a (bluetooth) keyboard attached. I'd like to get rid of this behavior, HOWEVER, it's mandatory that I have either the touch keyboard or a screen keyboard when i start my tablet in order to be able to sign in to my account. at that point the system does not recognize an external keyboard. Can anyone tell me how to accomplished this: the steps to disable the annoying popup touch keyboard BUT have a keyboard available at startup?

Thanks in advance for any help.

red197, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

1. touch keyboard pops up at start up - Similar Threads - touch keyboard pops

2. How to Stop Touch Keyboard from Popping Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Stop Touch Keyboard from Popping Up: My device is an Asus Flip laptop with Windows 11 installed. Yesterday, I already configured the settings for the touch keyboard, and throughout the day, it didn't show up or bother me. However, today there was a Windows update, and after I updated, the touch keyboard started...
  3. How to Stop Touch Keyboard from Popping Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Stop Touch Keyboard from Popping Up: My device is an Asus Flip laptop with Windows 11 installed. Yesterday, I already configured the settings for the touch keyboard, and throughout the day, it didn't show up or bother me. However, today there was a Windows update, and after I updated, the touch keyboard started...
  4. Touch keyboard keeps popping up when I touch the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch keyboard keeps popping up when I touch the screen: I have a touch computer. Since installing Windows 11, the touch keyboard keeps popping up whenever I touch the screen into a text box, even though a keyboard is connected to the computer.I have already tried the other steps proposed in different forums and instruction videos,...
  5. Touch keyboard keeps popping up when I touch the screen

Touch keyboard keeps popping up when I touch the screen: I have a touch computer. Since installing Windows 11, the touch keyboard keeps popping up whenever I touch the screen into a text box, even though a keyboard is connected to the computer.I have already tried the other steps proposed in different forums and instruction videos,...
  6. Touch Keyboard keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch Keyboard keeps popping up: On my Surface Pro 7 every time I open a page on any application that has a type bar ready to be typed in, the "touch keyboard" pops up. I have the keyboard turned off in the settings already, but it still pops up. Also, the "on screen keyboard" these are two separate...
  7. Touch Keyboard keeps popping up

Touch Keyboard keeps popping up: On my Surface Pro 7 every time I open a page on any application that has a type bar ready to be typed in, the "touch keyboard" pops up. I have the keyboard turned off in the settings already, but it still pops up. Also, the "on screen keyboard" these are two separate...
  8. Touch Keyboard NOT On screen Keyboard pops up automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch Keyboard NOT On screen Keyboard pops up automatically: Hi all!I have a first gen Microsoft Surface Go, and by now this thing is definitely showing its age. Loading up the keyboard is not very quick.Whenever I use Discord on my Surface, every time I swap to a different channel, the keyboard automatically pops up when I'm in tablet...
  9. Touch Keyboard NOT On screen Keyboard pops up automatically

Touch Keyboard NOT On screen Keyboard pops up automatically: Hi all!I have a first gen Microsoft Surface Go, and by now this thing is definitely showing its age. Loading up the keyboard is not very quick.Whenever I use Discord on my Surface, every time I swap to a different channel, the keyboard automatically pops up when I'm in tablet...
  10. Pop-ups at start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pop-ups at start up: At start up I keep getting pop-ups asking me to share additional information with HP. It is incredibly irritating. Does anyone know how I can get rid of these https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-ups-at-start-up/9152e1ee-8572-4436-9166-84c4b5180542