Windows 10: Touch Keyboard problems after last update

Discus and support Touch Keyboard problems after last update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have always used the touch keyboard on my desktop PC. Not to be confused with the on-screen keyboard, which I don't use. Ever since yesterday's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lee_2008, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Lee_2008 Win User

Touch Keyboard problems after last update

I have always used the touch keyboard on my desktop PC. Not to be confused with the on-screen keyboard, which I don't use. Ever since yesterday's Windows 10 updates and Net Framework updates, when I click on the touch keyboard not only does it no longer open, but the taskbar totally freezes up and I have to reset it by using ctrl-caps-shift. Any fixes to this new problem very much appreciated. I have done searches but haven't found the right solution. Thanks.

:)

Lee_2008, Feb 12, 2019

2. Problem in windows 10 Touch Keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you can get the touch keyboard icon:

• Right Click on the task bar on empty place and
    • Select the option which says Show touch keyboard button

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Touch Keyboard Issues after Updates

Hi,

It is possible that the settings of the touch keyboard is having an issue and that can be the reason why it flickers. As an initial troubleshooting step, we recommend setting up the touch keyboard in "window mode" and change it back to "full screen mode"
    to refresh its settings. To do this, follow these steps:

• Access the touch keyboard.
    • On the upper left part of the touch keyboard, click the keyboard settings icon.
    • On the second row, select the second option.
    • Close the access the touch keyboard, and then re-open it.
    • Check if it will flicker. If it did not flicker, access the touch keyboard settings icon again.
    • On the second row, select the first option.
    • Close the access the touch keyboard again, and then re-open it.
    • Check if it will flicker.

We'll be waiting for the outcome.

Argel Obm, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Touch Keyboard problems after last update

Touch keyboard pops up at login

If the above steps didn't work, we suggest that you disable the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service. Please follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Services, and then press Enter.
    • On the right pane, look for Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service. Double-click on it.
    • Locate the Startup Type drop down, and change it to Disabled.
    • Click on Apply button to save changes.
    • Click on OK button to close the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service
      window.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Touch Keyboard problems after last update

1. Touch Keyboard problems after last update - Similar Threads - Touch Keyboard problems

2. After the last Windows 10 update, have keyboard problems.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After the last Windows 10 update, have keyboard problems.: Home key deletes whole row of text. 3=/3, enter key=x. and other keys aren't right. How can I fix this?Thanks,Sharon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-the-last-windows-10-update-have-keyboard/0e40702b-9272-41a2-8b89-96f43b090eca
  3. After the last Windows 10 update, have keyboard problems.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After the last Windows 10 update, have keyboard problems.: Home key deletes whole row of text. 3=/3, enter key=x. and other keys aren't right. How can I fix this?Thanks,Sharon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-the-last-windows-10-update-have-keyboard/0e40702b-9272-41a2-8b89-96f43b090eca
  4. After the last Windows 10 update, have keyboard problems.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Last Windows 11 update reboots Touch Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Last Windows 11 update reboots Touch Keyboard: Windows 11 Dell Laptop, Running thru Dell Docking station with external Monitor, Keyboard and Mouse. Has been working fine for over a year. Nothing has changed except the Windows 11 update. The TouchKeyboard TabTip conflicts with my Sage Accounting software. Every time I go...
  6. Last Windows 11 update reboots Touch Keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Last Windows 11 update reboots Touch Keyboard: Windows 11 Dell Laptop, Running thru Dell Docking station with external Monitor, Keyboard and Mouse. Has been working fine for over a year. Nothing has changed except the Windows 11 update. The TouchKeyboard TabTip conflicts with my Sage Accounting software. Every time I go...
  7. Problem after last Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem after last Update: Hi, After updating the las version of Windows 10 was automatically updated, my desktop freezes everytime i turn on the computer. My laptop is fairly new and had worked well until this episode. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks...
  8. problems after last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problems after last update: After last update my computer volume, windows task bar, edge, start button, cortona,,,among other items I can't access such as my control panal..!!! how do I fix it???...
  9. Touch Keyboard problems after last update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touch Keyboard problems after last update: I have always used the touch keyboard on my desktop PC. Not to be confused with the on-screen keyboard, which I don't use. Ever since yesterday's Windows 10 updates and Net Framework updates, when I click on the touch keyboard not only does it no longer open, but the taskbar...
  10. problems after last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problems after last update: Hi, I got my PC updated lately and now have alot of problems. Sleep button disapeared, power settings disapeard, cannot turn off display, my nvidia card is not working and have some graphic glitches while scrolling internet pages. Also got blurry apps even they weren´t...