Windows 10: Touch keyboard still not working

Discus and support Touch keyboard still not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Touch keyboard that has been on strike for a couple of days - but not all the time - today just refuses to function. As always, standard solutions do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BaltaisGulbis, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Touch keyboard still not working

Touch keyboard that has been on strike for a couple of days - but not all the time - today just refuses to function.

As always, standard solutions do not work.

The world will not be destroyed by evil battle droids. It will be destroyed by bugware and failware.

:)

BaltaisGulbis, Dec 27, 2019
  2. Aaron_Sum Win User

Touch keyboard not working

Hi Paul,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

Please confirm the following things for me.

1. May I know the make and model of your system?
    2. Was there any major change on your system prior to which you were able to use the touch keyboard without any issues?

I would suggest you to check with the services again, there are a few dependency services that will need to be checked. Please follow the steps below.

1. Press the ‘Windows’ key and ‘R’ key together, this will open the ‘Run’ dialogue box.
    2. Type in ‘services.msc’ and press enter. This will open the ‘Services’ panel, in the list of services, find ‘Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service’.
    3. Right-click and select ‘Properties’. In the ‘General’ tab, change the ‘Startup type’ to ‘Automatic’ and click on ‘Start’.
    4. Click on the ‘Dependencies’ tab, expand the ‘Remote Procedure Call (RPC)’ and check the related services. You will find two services related to the ‘Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service’. Click on ‘Ok’, return to the ‘Services’
      window.
    5. Find the two services namely, ‘DCOM Server Process Launcher’ and ‘RPC Endpoint Mapper’. Start the services if they aren’t running and the ‘Startup type’ to automatic and click on ‘Ok’.
    6. Please check this link to ‘Open the touch keyboard’ and check if it works
      out for you.

Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Mon.k11 Win User
    Touch keyboard pops up at login

Thanks for the help, this method worked.

Mon.k11, Dec 27, 2019
  4. Touch keyboard still not working

Touch keyboard pops up at login

If the above steps didn't work, we suggest that you disable the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service. Please follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Services, and then press Enter.
    • On the right pane, look for Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service. Double-click on it.
    • Locate the Startup Type drop down, and change it to Disabled.
    • Click on Apply button to save changes.
    • Click on OK button to close the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service
      window.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

Touch keyboard still not working

1. Touch keyboard still not working - Similar Threads - Touch keyboard still

2. TabTip windows touch keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TabTip windows touch keyboard not working: When clicking the touch keyboard icon on the taskbar it won't open and it will no longer work when trying to type into fields in tablet mode. The only thing that happens is that "Touch keyboard and handwriting panel" pops up in task manager but no keyboard is shown. Keep in...
  3. TabTip windows touch keyboard not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TabTip windows touch keyboard not working: When clicking the touch keyboard icon on the taskbar it won't open and it will no longer work when trying to type into fields in tablet mode. The only thing that happens is that "Touch keyboard and handwriting panel" pops up in task manager but no keyboard is shown. Keep in...
  4. touch keyboard does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touch keyboard does not work: touch keyboard will not launch https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-keyboard-does-not-work/9ab9077c-b5a1-4336-a4d9-e6eb4991d3ff
  5. touch keyboard does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    touch keyboard does not work: touch keyboard will not launch https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-keyboard-does-not-work/9ab9077c-b5a1-4336-a4d9-e6eb4991d3ff
  6. keyboard and touch pad quit working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard and touch pad quit working: I have an HP laptop and cannot use my laptop keyboard or touchpad. I have an external keyboard and mouse that I am currently using to type this. I did an HP diagnostics and spoke to an agent. they say it is a microsoft 10 problem. How do I fix this?...
  7. Keyboard and Touch pad don't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and Touch pad don't work: I factory reset my laptop a couple of weeks ago. When I did, it updated my Windows 10 to a more current version. After this update I have been unable to use my keyboard and touchpad. When I go into the bios both still work, but once Windows boots they don't work again. I have...
  8. Keyboard & touch screen not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard & touch screen not working: Se subject after i instaled windows 10 they have quit working. Now can I gain access via phone app? And if so what's the app iwould need. Thanks hopefully someone knows what's going on with it ....
  9. Touch screen KEYBOARD NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touch screen KEYBOARD NOT WORKING: Hi i have a dell touch screen and recently i have found the touch screen keyboard does not pop up even when i click on the keyboard icon on the windows task tray can u help with a fix...
  10. THE TOUCH KEYBOARD DOES NOT WORK...

in Windows 10 Customization
    THE TOUCH KEYBOARD DOES NOT WORK...: Hello community./ Currently, my touch keyboard has failures, this happened after I updated Windows 10. What can I do to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-touch-keyboard-does-not-work/20247e23-5f2e-47f6-96e7-449d0a3decbc