Windows 10: Touch keyboard works then does not and only works again after restart

Discus and support Touch keyboard works then does not and only works again after restart in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Windows tablet with Windows 13, when I use the on screen touch keyboard sometimes this does not work, this will only work again after a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by daveyggeraghty, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Touch keyboard works then does not and only works again after restart

I have a Windows tablet with Windows 13, when I use the on screen touch keyboard sometimes this does not work, this will only work again after a restart, thus happened multiple times daily and it is so frustrating having to restart all the time to get it to work, can anybody help please?

:)

daveyggeraghty, Jun 27, 2019
  2. Aaron_Sum Win User

Touch keyboard not working

Hi Paul,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

Please confirm the following things for me.

1. May I know the make and model of your system?
    2. Was there any major change on your system prior to which you were able to use the touch keyboard without any issues?

I would suggest you to check with the services again, there are a few dependency services that will need to be checked. Please follow the steps below.

1. Press the ‘Windows’ key and ‘R’ key together, this will open the ‘Run’ dialogue box.
    2. Type in ‘services.msc’ and press enter. This will open the ‘Services’ panel, in the list of services, find ‘Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service’.
    3. Right-click and select ‘Properties’. In the ‘General’ tab, change the ‘Startup type’ to ‘Automatic’ and click on ‘Start’.
    4. Click on the ‘Dependencies’ tab, expand the ‘Remote Procedure Call (RPC)’ and check the related services. You will find two services related to the ‘Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service’. Click on ‘Ok’, return to the ‘Services’
      window.
    5. Find the two services namely, ‘DCOM Server Process Launcher’ and ‘RPC Endpoint Mapper’. Start the services if they aren’t running and the ‘Startup type’ to automatic and click on ‘Ok’.
    6. Please check this link to ‘Open the touch keyboard’ and check if it works
      out for you.

Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Built in keyboard not working

I recently purchased an ASUS ROG GL553VD Notebook Computer and a few weeks ago the keyboard stopped working. After a few restarts it worked again, but today the problem came back, and was not fixed by any amount of restarting. Several people on past posts said to reinstall they Keyboard driver, but there was no Keyboard section in the Device Manager. I am currently resetting the laptop to factory settings to see if that fixes the issue. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

DanielJH99, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Mon.k11 Win User

Touch keyboard works then does not and only works again after restart

Touch keyboard pops up at login

Thanks for the help, this method worked.

Mon.k11, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

Touch keyboard works then does not and only works again after restart

1. Touch keyboard works then does not and only works again after restart - Similar Threads - Touch keyboard works

2. Keyboard not working again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard not working again: My keyboard was not working again. I had been listening to music on Spotify in sleep mode, and suddenly the music stopped. At first, I wanted to turn it on again, but it was not responding, so I force restarted the PC by long pressing the power button. After that, the...
  3. My physical keyboard is not working...Only touch screen keyboard is working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My physical keyboard is not working...Only touch screen keyboard is working...: My laptop name is iball compbook i360 Serial no. 1700223002279 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-physical-keyboard-is-not-workingonly-touch/f0588b4d-a932-4d9e-93a6-6eb9d797cb73
  4. My physical keyboard is not working...Only touch screen keyboard is working...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My physical keyboard is not working...Only touch screen keyboard is working...: My laptop name is iball compbook i360 Serial no. 1700223002279 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-physical-keyboard-is-not-workingonly-touch/f0588b4d-a932-4d9e-93a6-6eb9d797cb73
  5. My physical keyboard is not working...Only touch screen keyboard is working...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. touch keyboard does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touch keyboard does not work: touch keyboard will not launch https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-keyboard-does-not-work/9ab9077c-b5a1-4336-a4d9-e6eb4991d3ff
  7. touch keyboard does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    touch keyboard does not work: touch keyboard will not launch https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-keyboard-does-not-work/9ab9077c-b5a1-4336-a4d9-e6eb4991d3ff
  8. Keyboard not Working after Restart

Keyboard not Working after Restart: Most keys on my laptop keyboard are disabled that prevent me from login after restart or recovered from sleep. However, capslock, numlock and shifts are ok. Sometimes, the keys start working after a while, and sometimes they won't until I tried to switch to other screens and...
  9. THE TOUCH KEYBOARD DOES NOT WORK...

in Windows 10 Customization
    THE TOUCH KEYBOARD DOES NOT WORK...: Hello community./ Currently, my touch keyboard has failures, this happened after I updated Windows 10. What can I do to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-touch-keyboard-does-not-work/20247e23-5f2e-47f6-96e7-449d0a3decbc
  10. touch pad not working again.

touch pad not working again.: Well it happened for the third time an update was installed and now my touch pad does not work again. I have the latest driver and used troubleshooter to check received the code 10 again. Every time there is an update my touch pad stops working. I have an inspiron 7010...