Windows 10: Touch not responding during login

Discus and support Touch not responding during login in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My touchscreen of dell venue 8 pro tab is not responding during Windows 8 login. As a result I'm unable to enter my password. I tried rebooting and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AMARNATH LEKRI, Jun 16, 2022.

1. Touch not responding during login

My touchscreen of dell venue 8 pro tab is not responding during Windows 8 login. As a result I'm unable to enter my password. I tried rebooting and connecting with the power cord but it nothing worked. I'm also unable to do a PC reset as touch isn't responding on the recovery page. All of these happened after I unintentionally saved some bad reboot configuration and now I'm unable to do anything. Allthough, my device passed all the hardware test, so nothing wrong there. What shall I do?

:)

AMARNATH LEKRI, Jun 16, 2022

2. Touch keyboard pops up at login

If the above steps didn't work, we suggest that you disable the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service. Please follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Services, and then press Enter.
    • On the right pane, look for Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service. Double-click on it.
    • Locate the Startup Type drop down, and change it to Disabled.
    • Click on Apply button to save changes.
    • Click on OK button to close the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service
      window.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Jun 16, 2022
  3. Mon.k11 Win User
    Touch keyboard pops up at login

Thanks for the help, this method worked.

Mon.k11, Jun 16, 2022
  4. Touch not responding during login

Touch screen is disabled

Hi Roy,

Thank you for responding.

This issue might be due to drivers which are to be updated.

I suggest you to update the drivers for touch feature in Device Manager:

Steps:

• Right click on Windows key from the desktop and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices, right click on the
      Touch screen driver and select Update Driver Software.

Also, I suggest you to contact the device manufacturer website and try to update the chipset drivers as well.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 16, 2022
Thema:

Touch not responding during login

1. Touch not responding during login - Similar Threads - Touch responding during

2. Touch pad not responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch pad not responding: Hi, my cat walked across my keyboard and now only the mouse in the keyboard will respond, but not the touch pad. I have a Dell Latitude E6429 with windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-not-responding/68aa0d84-91e1-44eb-b0d1-70513105630b
  3. Touch pad not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch pad not responding: Hi, my cat walked across my keyboard and now only the mouse in the keyboard will respond, but not the touch pad. I have a Dell Latitude E6429 with windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-not-responding/68aa0d84-91e1-44eb-b0d1-70513105630b
  4. Touch pad not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Touch not responding during login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch not responding during login: My touchscreen of dell venue 8 pro tab is not responding during Windows 8 login. As a result I'm unable to enter my password. I tried rebooting and connecting with the power cord but it nothing worked. I'm also unable to do a PC reset as touch isn't responding on the recovery...
  6. Touch pad / mouse is not responding

Touch pad / mouse is not responding: Hi My laptop is not responding to the mouse clicks, I am using the touch pad and tried a wireless mouse, still the same problem.. When I click on anything it doesn't make any difference, even the hover is not appearing.. Sometimes it works when I restart it, others it...
  7. touch pad cursor disappeared the touch pad doesn't respond to touch!.

touch pad cursor disappeared the touch pad doesn't respond to touch!.: The touchpad on my Yoga seems to have stopped communicating. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-cursor-disappeared-the-touch-pad-doesnt/75e2dd0c-686c-4352-b3cd-8946151bfe38
  8. my touch-screen laptop is not responding to touch screen

my touch-screen laptop is not responding to touch screen: -----------------------------context-----------------------------ok so this happened out of the blue, I was just chilling on my laptop when i tried to use my touch screen it did not work, thinking it was just some dumb issue and a restart would work, continued with what I was...
  9. Touch Pad is not responding

Touch Pad is not responding: Hi... It's Sakib. My Laptop's name is Asus TUF FX505GE BQ487T . Windows 10. core i7. For the last few months, I am facing a problem about my laptop's touchpad. Suddenly touchpad has stopped working. I tried my best to solve my touchpad's problem but I couldn't get the...
  10. my touch screen stopped responding to touch

my touch screen stopped responding to touch: My touch screen still displays fine and responds to mouse movements and keyboard input, but my touch screen suddenly stopped responding to touch. My device driver shows only a generic PNP monitor with a generic Microsoft driver. Also under human interface devices, the HID...