Windows 10: "touch optimised taskbar" not working with multiple monitors

Discus and support "touch optimised taskbar" not working with multiple monitors in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Im using a 2in1 laptop where tablet mode activates without issues when i flip the screen. "Optimise taskbar for touch interactions when this device is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GerritNocker, Mar 20, 2023.

1. "touch optimised taskbar" not working with multiple monitors

Im using a 2in1 laptop where tablet mode activates without issues when i flip the screen. "Optimise taskbar for touch interactions when this device is used as a tablet" is checked in the taskbar settings and turns on when my device is in tablet mode, just as it should.But for some reason, when i have a second display connected, the taskbar on my laptop goes into "standard mode". Tablet mode still seems to be activated, because when i tap text on the touchscreen, the touch keyboard appears, which as far as i know only happens in tablet mode. Is there any way to fix this?

:)

GerritNocker, Mar 20, 2023

2. "touch optimised taskbar" not working with multiple monitors

Im using a 2in1 laptop where tablet mode activates without issues when i flip the screen. "Optimise taskbar for touch interactions when this device is used as a tablet" is checked in the taskbar settings and turns on when my device is in tablet mode, just as it should.

But for some reason, when i have a second display connected, the taskbar on my laptop goes into "standard mode". Tablet mode still seems to be activated, because when i tap text on the touchscreen, the touch keyboard appears, which as far as i know only happens in tablet mode. Is there any way to fix this?

"touch optimised taskbar" not working with multiple monitors %2fwkn7u9xO%2fmE4yB4oGPUojGOf1BJie%2bcNZ66SxVKSe9hNkf2uaFbtk1xVmaqwGlDqqAho541pVdVl0a%2fHnZIY%3d.png

"touch optimised taskbar" not working with multiple monitors 5kdbV%2bs9Q%2fqf0ELgWwer2lbFlbX3IiETmxyszg98HdtQdjLzfquUBXWA7yMkpq0aifsNiPbZDoVA%2bjVHqKkO1Ms%3d.png

"touch optimised taskbar" not working with multiple monitors PDisMyAGnsyWPz%2boqdhilre2Xo%2f9Ohrs2LAJMiBiyU0xD3dCZh8Us6lJnwK68VBkJJXWiU%2bpslRKcwLcMhYTFxc%3d.png

GerritNocker, Mar 22, 2023
  3. Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 22, 2023
  4. "touch optimised taskbar" not working with multiple monitors

Auto-hide taskbar on second monitor only.

Hello,

Please let us know which build are you currently in?

If you are in build number: 14342, I suggest you to follow the steps below to
    hide taskbar on second monitor and check if it helps:

• Right click on the Taskbar and Go to
      settings

• Click on the taskbar option.

• Under Multiple displays you can turn off the option for
      Show taskbar on all displays.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 22, 2023
Thema:

"touch optimised taskbar" not working with multiple monitors

1. "touch optimised taskbar" not working with multiple monitors - Similar Threads - touch optimised taskbar

2. Multiple monitors not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple monitors not working: Hi there, I have a Dell XPS laptop; dell docking station; and 2 dell monitors. The monitors are connected to the docking station via HMDI and Display Port cables. I can get the 3 screens to mirror each other on all screens no problem, but I can't get them to extend to all...
  3. Multiple monitors not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple monitors not working: Hi there, I have a Dell XPS laptop; dell docking station; and 2 dell monitors. The monitors are connected to the docking station via HMDI and Display Port cables. I can get the 3 screens to mirror each other on all screens no problem, but I can't get them to extend to all...
  4. "touch optimised taskbar" not working with multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "touch optimised taskbar" not working with multiple monitors: Im using a 2in1 laptop where tablet mode activates without issues when i flip the screen. "Optimise taskbar for touch interactions when this device is used as a tablet" is checked in the taskbar settings and turns on when my device is in tablet mode, just as it should.But for...
  5. no option to show taskbar on multiple monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no option to show taskbar on multiple monitor: Hi, I just freshly reinstall Win 11 because I ran into some problem. And while I config things around I notice there is no option to show taskbar on my second monitor....
  6. no option to show taskbar on multiple monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no option to show taskbar on multiple monitor: Hi, I just freshly reinstall Win 11 because I ran into some problem. And while I config things around I notice there is no option to show taskbar on my second monitor....
  7. setting multiple touch monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    setting multiple touch monitors: My question is. Why has Microsoft moved or removed the option to calibrate touch to a non primary monitor? I have two touch monitors. secondary is turned like a tablet, and only the primary can be used for touch. I once had it set up, but it has reverted back and can no...
  8. Taskbar on multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar on multiple monitors: My work computer was recently upgraded to windows 10. On previous version I used a 3rd party software to extend the taskbar onto 2nd monitor. I liked that ONLY those active tasks displayed on the 2nd monitor, since I do not want icons for tasks opened on primary monitor...
  9. Delivery Optimisation doesn't work

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Delivery Optimisation doesn't work: So this HUGE update landed last week and I rolled it out to the first of my computers. It downloaded and installed boom-bang, no hesitation, no repetition, no problem. Then I started on the other two. Apparently 'Delivery Optimisation' isn't a thing. Both the other...
  10. multiple monitors taskbar issues

in Windows 10 Support
    multiple monitors taskbar issues: I have three monitors, for the longest time, the second monitor (Not the main monitor, Monitor one) Has for some reason had the main task bar lock to it, meaning the task bar with the main icons, clock, etc on it. Its been like this for as long as I can remember, then...