Windows 10: Touch-optimized reddit apps with multi-column card interface?

Discus and support Touch-optimized reddit apps with multi-column card interface? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey folks! I've been trying to find a tablet-friendly reddit app that shows posts as cards, and allows a customizable number of columns to take... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rhsant, Feb 25, 2021.

1. /u/rhsant Win User

Touch-optimized reddit apps with multi-column card interface?

Hey folks! I've been trying to find a tablet-friendly reddit app that shows posts as cards, and allows a customizable number of columns to take advantage of the available screen real estate. Does anyone have good recommendations? I've tried to find something like Sync on Android and Slide on iOS, but haven't really been successful so far. Most tablet-friendly reddit apps on Windows seem to be favoring split view, which I'm not a fan of. I'm currently resorting to using a tampermonkey script on Edge that changes the layout of the website to a multi-column card format, but I'd rather not deal with chromium's RAM usage just for browsing reddit.

For reference, this is Sync running on a Galaxy Tab S7+: Sync for Reddit (beta) - Android

Thanks for looking!

submitted by /u/rhsant
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/rhsant, Feb 25, 2021

2. Multi-Touch in Silverlight for Win Phone 7 Emulator

Has anyone else been able to get multi-touch working on an HP tx2 running the WP7 emulator in a Silverlight for Windows Phone 7 project? I don't get any Touch_FrameReported calls on a Silverlight WP7 app in the emulator. I can see touch points in a WinPhone
    XNA app though.

I'm running this on an HP TouchSmart tx2 tablet so I've got the hardware to register multi-touch. I've currently got VS2010 RC with the WinPhone 7 tools CTP from Mix10 launch. Obviously can't load VS2010 RTM until Microsoft releases the WP7 tools support
    for that.

Steps to reproduce:

• 1) In VS2010 RC, create Silverlight for Windows Phone project
    • 2) In MainPage constructor, hook Touch.FrameReported += new TouchFrameEventHandler(Touch_FrameReported);
    • 3) In handler, call TouchPointCollection tPoints = touchEA.GetTouchPoints(this);
    • 4) Deploy app to WinPhone emulator and set breakpoint in Touch_FrameReported handler.
    • 5) Debug app and touch the emulator screen. For me, the handler is never hit.
    This may be an RC issue or may be something to do with my HP hardware. Although, as I stated before I can see multi-touch points in an XNA app for WinPhone 7. Does anyone else have an HP tx2 to try this on?

thanks

why do you robot?

therobotgeek, Feb 25, 2021
  3. touch screen

Hi,

We sure can provide some troubleshooting steps before you decide to get help from your laptop's manufacturer. Please follow the suggested solutions below:

Method 1: Check if the touch screen driver is enabled.

• In the Search bar, type Device Manager.
    • Locate Human Interface Devices and look for touch screen.
    • Right-click touch screen and check if it is enabled. If not, please enable it.
    Method 2: Reinstall the touch screen driver.

• In Device Manager, go to Human Interface Devices.
    • Locate touch screen again and right-click it to Uninstall
      the driver.
    • Restart your PC to automatically install the driver.
    Feel free to post back for updates.

Jennifer Cha, Feb 25, 2021
  4. Touch-optimized reddit apps with multi-column card interface?

How to disable Multi-touch gesture

Thanks for replying so quickly! It is a BEELINK BT3, perfect for what we need it for apart from this issue itch Windows 10.

I have tried what you have suggested however non of the sliders disable multi touch gestures. It looks like Microsoft have completely omitted the ability to disable multi touch gestures in Windows 10?

here is a pic of it in Windows 7, I need to know what the 'enable multi-touch gestures and inkinkin' check box does in the registry and see if it is possible to replicate in the Windows 10 registry.

garyhill01, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

Touch-optimized reddit apps with multi-column card interface?

1. Touch-optimized reddit apps with multi-column card interface? - Similar Threads - Touch optimized reddit

2. Not Getting Notifications from Reddit App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Getting Notifications from Reddit App: I have the reddit app installed on my Windows 11 PC and I don't get notifications from it. I have notifications enabled from my settings within the app. I looked at the notifications menu in Windows and don't see Reddit listed there. How can I enable notifications for this...
  3. Multi touch not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multi touch not working: I have a hp 15 da0xxxx for the past three days i am unable to use touchpad gestures in my laptop earliar it was fine but now it is not working pls help ASAP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multi-touch-not-working/332e20d3-f16b-4942-b77f-d1a6d3517009
  4. Change brightness by multi touch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change brightness by multi touch: Hi! On my laptop, I want to control volume by sliding three fingers up and down (works well) and screen brightness by sliding three fingers left and right (does not work) on the touchpad. The problem is, it is not included in the available actions dropdown list, so I have to...
  5. Change brightness by multi touch

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change brightness by multi touch: Hi! On my laptop, I want to control volume by sliding three fingers up and down (works well) and screen brightness by sliding three fingers left and right (does not work) on the touchpad. The problem is, it is not included in the available actions dropdown list, so I have to...
  6. Multi touch gesture touchpad

Multi touch gesture touchpad: I have a multi touch gesture touchpad. Does the number of gestures I use fingers depend on the laptop model? I cannot find how many fingers I can use in the settings....
  7. Is there a Reddit App for Windows 10??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a Reddit App for Windows 10??: I’m new to windows 10 and I’ve looked in the App Store and I find Redditting for Reddit and a whole bunch of other ones but nothing that just says Reddit! submitted by /u/olf2019 [link] [comments]...
  8. problem in multi finger touch

problem in multi finger touch: There was a recent windows update available which I updated 2 days back, even since multi finger touch is not working in my laptop. I checked online, even on windows website but I am not yet able to enable the same. I even tried restarting my laptop, even that did not help....
  9. multi-touch problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    multi-touch problem: I upgraded my Windows 8 Acer laptop to Windows 10. Everything is OK but for the multi-touch. It used to work well with Windows 8 but now I can only do single-touch. I contacted to Acer team but they told me they don’t support multi-touch in Windows 10. Reinstalling drivers...
  10. Touch Optimized Office Apps for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Touch Optimized Office Apps for Windows 10: We will deliver touch-optimized Office apps for Windows with Windows 10. Additional details will be shared at a later date but here’s a sneak peek: Bringing Office to everyone - Office Blogs Scroll down near bottom for the Windows info, but not much more than first...