Windows 10: Touch pad and touch screen not functioning

Discus and support Touch pad and touch screen not functioning in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I got up this morning and things that have always worked just fine, are not this morning. No touch screen, no touch pad. Tried to solve issue through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KathyBlack2, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Touch pad and touch screen not functioning

I got up this morning and things that have always worked just fine, are not this morning. No touch screen, no touch pad. Tried to solve issue through settings, and they are not listed. I am downloading update for Windows 10 but not sure if this will solve the issue. I have a HP Envy laptop.

:)

KathyBlack2, Jan 30, 2020

2. Touch screens

I can do 60 words per minute on my phone, perhaps more now as I've got used to the phone. ( htc desire z, using the stock onscreen keyboard)

Touch screen + predictive text I recon I could equal my keyboard typing speed. Maybe beat it depending on how advance the predictions are.

( hard to use predictive software on traditional keyboards as there is no way to quickly choose the suggested word, where as touch screen keyboards can have the suggested words appear above the function keys)

pantherx12, Jan 30, 2020
  3. Berton Win User
    Mouse pad sometimes is multi touch???

My wife also has a Toshiba Notebook and gets frustrated by the Touch pad [not to be confused with a mouse pad] when typing so she keeps it turned off and uses a wireless mouse. Some Touch pads have a "gesture" feature using 2 fingers, especially those with the Touch Screen, similar to SmartPhones and Tablets.

Berton, Jan 30, 2020
  4. Touch pad and touch screen not functioning

Touch pad functions not working

Since I have updated my laptop to windows 10 1903 my touch pad functions stopped working at all, even I can't disable the touch pad by pressing fn+f9 (in my laptop f9 is the key to disable the touch pad). I couldn't find any solution or driver update to
    solve this problem.

My laptop is ASUS Notebook TP501U.

Mahdi AlHajhouj, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

Touch pad and touch screen not functioning

1. Touch pad and touch screen not functioning - Similar Threads - Touch pad touch

2. touch pad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touch pad: Hello I installed Windows 10 Enterprise on my laptop a few days ago, but the touchpad has been completely disabled. The driver is not installed in the device manager and it is empty, and now I am working with a physical mouse. In fact, all the drivers are completely and...
  3. Touch pad functions not working

Touch pad functions not working: Since I have updated my laptop to windows 10 1903 my touch pad functions stopped working at all, even I can't disable the touch pad by pressing fn+f9 (in my laptop f9 is the key to disable the touch pad). I couldn't find any solution or driver update to solve this problem....
  4. touch pad

touch pad: .Hello, I have an Dell Inspiron 5558 and I was trying to find a setting that would disable the touch pad when I had a USB mouse plugged in, I know I can disable it in Device manager but when the computer restarts it is enabled again even though the Device Manager says it is...
  5. Touch pad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touch pad: How do I disable the touchpad? I'm using Windows 10 Home, Version 1809 on an HP Pavilion laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad/85c0f42e-9ae0-4ba1-ac8a-cd9bf7b98c3e
  6. touch screen functionality

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    touch screen functionality: I have a HP Pavilion laptop with touch screen. This does not work in windows 10. I have been struggling with this issue for the past 3 months and am now fedup. How can I remove windows 10 and go back to windows 8.1 which is far superior....
  7. Touch Pad

Touch Pad: I just purchased my HP Envy 17 yesterday! I love it!. I am having a problem with my touch pad not working correctly. It will disable at random times. I can still move the cursor but essentially it will not let me "tap" or "click"...
  8. touch pad

touch pad: I have an hp windows 10 laptop. I exclusively use the mouse or the touch capability. I want to turn the touch pad off as it gets in the way as i'm typing. how do I do this...
  9. touch screen on would rather touch pad

touch screen on would rather touch pad: How do I change from touch screen back to touch pad (mouse)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/touch-screen-on-would-rather-touch-pad/5e61ba01-665d-4e27-8307-d8c0b2d62f47
  10. touch pad

touch pad: I bought a acer aspire 3, when I was trying to configure the touch pad settings and turned off touchpad. Am unable to turn on the touch pad even after restarting. can anyone help me with this issue ??...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft.comhttps://account.microsoft.com/account/privacy?ref=privacy-windowssettings&ru=https%3a%2f%2faccount.microsoft.com%2fprivacy%3fref%3dprivacy-windowssettings&destrt=privacy-dashboard