Windows 10: Touch Pad and USB/Audio Port IO circuit Board (daughter board) Issue

Discus and support Touch Pad and USB/Audio Port IO circuit Board (daughter board) Issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have Dell Inspiron 14Z N411Z laptop. The motherboard model is 85MW9, i5 Interl processor and the BIOS version is A02. Two major boards of this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by K.Prabhakar, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Touch Pad and USB/Audio Port IO circuit Board (daughter board) Issue

I have Dell Inspiron 14Z N411Z laptop. The motherboard model is 85MW9, i5 Interl processor and the BIOS version is A02.

Two major boards of this laptop are: Motherboard and a daughter board. he daughter board is connected to motherboard with a ribbon cable. The mother board has a USB port which is integral part of it besides other mini ports. The daughter board (USB/Audio Port IO circuit Board) has two ESB ports, a network port (for connecting to cable network like Comcast etc), and a audio port.

Originally I had Windows 7 on this laptop. Couple of years ago I got updated to WIndows 10. Microsoft updated online from window 7 to window 10. This update has digital licence and tied to my Microsoft account.

The updated Window 10 worked normally without any issue for two years. Just recently motherboard went bad and I replaced the motherboard and got Windows 10 reactivated (version ??) and updated drivers. It runs perfectly normal ( including the Keyboard) except for the two following two issues:

1. The touch pad does not function - meaning, cursor does not appear on the screen.

2. None of the daughter ports work. However, the USB port that is integral part of motherboard works; meaning the wired mouse connected to this USB port works. Also, the wireless Keyboard with its own touch pad works when connected to this USB port that is integral part of the motherboard. In other words, the touch pad on the wireless keyboard works fine. Whereas the same mouse or the wireless key board when connected to USB port of the daughter board does not work although it did work before I replaced motherboard.

Uninstalled drivers for touch pad and the daughter board but no luck.

My observation is the following:

1. The Windows 10 version installed now is much higher than the windows 10 version at the time of upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10. Would this variation in version causing above stated problems. If that is the fact, why would touch pad on the wireless keyboard works when touch pad of the laptop itself does not work.

2. Touch pad circuit board and/or the ribbon cable that connects it with the motherboard may have gone bad This is unlikely, because it was working before the replacement of motherboard. The dell diagnostic run test does not trigger error code on this problem.

3. Regarding daughter board, the board and its cable connecting it to the motherboard may have gone bad. Again it is unlikely scenario. The dell diagnostic run test does not trigger error code on this problem as well.

4. Does BIOS version cause this issues?

Also I ran Microsoft diagnostic tool by running the command: msdt.exe/id DeviceDiagnostic but blows up.

Any thoughts on what is causing the two problems/issues stated above ?

:)

K.Prabhakar, Dec 21, 2018
  2. coopere Win User

6233 circuit board fried

i don't know if this has happened to any of you in the past. my 6233 went off by itself last week and refused to stay on past 5 seconds after that. brought it in to a mobile center to flash but when i went there today was told that the circuit board was
    damaged. don't know how it happened and this was the first time i experienced this. the phone has never gone anywhere near water and have never been opened. do i have to resort to buying a new phone or is there still hope in getting it repaired.

coopere, Dec 21, 2018
  3. iammruni Win User
    Problem with power extension board and USB

It is not seriously problem rather a very funny problem. I have an power extension board which I connect my laptop to, because I can also charge my phone with it side by side (USB doesn't charge as fast). The issue is that whenever I connect my iPhone
    6S (iOS 9.3.3 if it is needed) to the extension board my laptop gives me that sound which is given when a USB device is connected. This is very funny, but I don't know why this is happening. So anyone if you Microsoft guys have studied the Electricity chapter
    in school properly, please answer this. xD

iammruni, Dec 21, 2018
  4. Touch Pad and USB/Audio Port IO circuit Board (daughter board) Issue

issues with touch pad gestures with a touchscreen laptop

Thanks for the response.

I have tried the steps you suggested. It showed no issues, except to restart my PC. At the point when I performed these steps, I didn't have the issue that I reported - namely, not being able to use touch-pad gestures. Maybe I should try this when the touch-pad
    gestures stop working.

RakeshS_87, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

Touch Pad and USB/Audio Port IO circuit Board (daughter board) Issue

1. Touch Pad and USB/Audio Port IO circuit Board (daughter board) Issue - Similar Threads - Touch Pad USB

2. key board issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    key board issue: see what happen is that when i noticed today i was playing mineraft bedwars and i use hotkeys and when i pressed w and 2 at the same time a beep sound came and while pressing both my w and 2 didnt work . Then i tried other combination such as y and o and the same problem...
  3. key board issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    key board issue: see what happen is that when i noticed today i was playing mineraft bedwars and i use hotkeys and when i pressed w and 2 at the same time a beep sound came and while pressing both my w and 2 didnt work . Then i tried other combination such as y and o and the same problem...
  4. key board issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Key board issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Key board issue: I have a Logitec MK 320 keyboard. On the minus key,on the key pad on the right of the keyboard is a padlock icon. When hit the minus key the screen goes black. I use the escape key to bring it back to a login screen. I login and it brings me back right where I left off. I...
  6. Key board issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Key board issue: I have a Logitec MK 320 keyboard. On the minus key,on the key pad on the right of the keyboard is a padlock icon. When hit the minus key the screen goes black. I use the escape key to bring it back to a login screen. I login and it brings me back right where I left off. I...
  7. Key board issue

8. Key board issue

Key board issue: My Dell keyboard some function key and few letters didn't work, i update the driver, plug unplug is not solve it. is there any one can help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/key-board-issue/603ded8f-e8e9-45ed-94e8-fbcfc3c11f03
  9. usb 3 board

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb 3 board: just installed a new usb 3 board, but PC cannot find or recognize it. Any thoughts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-3-board/e0a97612-4258-4aa9-97e2-7240772ca3eb
  10. key board issue with @

key board issue with @: My key boad has suddenly started tying “ instead of @ and @ in place of “ so the keys appear to have turned round. How do I correct this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/key-board-issue-with/bdfd0cd3-ee7b-4b3d-9afd-0580eeb720a1

Users found this page by searching for:

1. USB/AudioPort IO circuit Board