Windows 10: Touch pad finger gestures disabled after Windows 10 update - driver update not working

Discus and support Touch pad finger gestures disabled after Windows 10 update - driver update not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently had a Windows 10 update occur on my HP laptop (HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-bl0XX ). Afterwards when it restarted the touchpad did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tyvid, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Tyvid Win User

Touch pad finger gestures disabled after Windows 10 update - driver update not working

I recently had a Windows 10 update occur on my HP laptop (HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-bl0XX ).

Afterwards when it restarted the touchpad did not work - the cursor arrow had disappeared. Thankfully my laptop is also a touchscreen so I accessed device manager and to Synaptics driver. I uninstalled it and restarted laptop.

The touchpad works again with the cursor arrow back on the screen - BUT the finger scrolling now does not work. I found the Synaptic driver again and installed it. But afterwards the same problem - the touchpad is disabled and the cursor arrow gone. So I had to uninstall the driver and restart my laptop again. Back to having a touchpad with no finger scrolling function.

My only option again is to restore my computer back to before the most recent update. This is what I did before and it worked but Windows Update prompted me to restart my laptop again today which I did and the same problem. So I now need to prevent the update from happening because there is a bug with the latest Windows 10 update - not compatible with my computer.

Can I please get help?

:)

Tyvid, Jan 12, 2019
  2. lee WT Win User

windows 10 touch pad gestures not working

hi all

today i update to windows 10 but touch pad gestures like scrolling with two fingers or move finger from the right side to left (to show notifications is not working) or apps preview

what can i do

lee WT, Jan 12, 2019
  3. issues with touch pad gestures with a touchscreen laptop

Thanks for the response.

I have tried the steps you suggested. It showed no issues, except to restart my PC. At the point when I performed these steps, I didn't have the issue that I reported - namely, not being able to use touch-pad gestures. Maybe I should try this when the touch-pad
    gestures stop working.

RakeshS_87, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Touch pad finger gestures disabled after Windows 10 update - driver update not working

Windows 10 Touch pad Gesture Problems

A few weeks ago my Windows 10 HP Laptop had a booting issue after updating it. After my laptop got fixed, I'm having several touch pad issues. I am able to move the mouse around and click on things by lightly touching the touch pad. However, I cannot click
    on something while pressing down on the touch pad. I also cannot scroll by using 2 fingers and cannot right-click using 2 fingers. I have discovered that I can right click by pressing down on the bottom right corner of my touch pad. I have searched
    all around in the settings trying to look for ways to enable/disable touch pad gesture controls, and I haven't found anything yet.

Claudia1024, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Touch pad finger gestures disabled after Windows 10 update - driver update not working

1. Touch pad finger gestures disabled after Windows 10 update - driver update not working - Similar Threads - Touch pad finger

2. Touch Pad Gestures is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch Pad Gestures is not working: I Tried a clean install from windows 7 to windows 10. I installed all driver updates from windows update and I used "Driver easy" application for install all drivers. I enabled all features of my touchpad multi-finger gestures like two-finger scrolling ,three finger press,...
  3. mouse and touch pad is not working after updates

mouse and touch pad is not working after updates: why is my mouse and touchpad not working after upadate windows into my computer.i can't find my mouse and touch pad settings it is not into setting area...
  4. Windows 10 N touch pad scrolling, two finger, three finger gesture problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 N touch pad scrolling, two finger, three finger gesture problem: I can't find other options like two finger, three finger gesture as well as facing touch pad scrolling problem, pls find the image [ATTACH]...
  5. Touch-pad not working after update!

Touch-pad not working after update!: My touch-pad stooped working all of a sudden. The hotkeys doesn't turn it back on and the device is also not shown in the device manager! Please tell me a way to fix it. All usb devices work though!...
  6. How to disable TOUCH PAD GESTURES

How to disable TOUCH PAD GESTURES: Hello, I am new to the HP family, I purchased a laptop today, its the HP Pavilion Ryzen 5 From Walmart I like the laptop so far, however, the touch pad gestures are excessively IRRITATING and I can not seem to find any option to either A Disable the Touch pad gesture...
  7. Touch pad Driver update.

Touch pad Driver update.: The new widows 10 update put in a driver that won't let me turn off my Touchpad. Had to reinstall my old driver. Do you think they will fix this. Don't know if old driver had a security problem....
  8. Touch Pad Two Finger Gesture not working

Touch Pad Two Finger Gesture not working: Helllo, The two finger gesture on my touch pad for my Inspiron 15 5000 series model 5567 is not working. Many of the solutions online state to go to the device manager and go to touchpad, but it doesn't show up. What do I do? [ATTACH]...
  9. Touch-pad four finger gestures does not work. Windows 10

Touch-pad four finger gestures does not work. Windows 10: Hi, please help me with this. I have HP Pavilion , my all gesturing besides four-finger (for changing from desktop 1 to 2) work. I have updated the drivers but nothing has changed. Please help me with this. Thasnks......
  10. Touch pad Not working after Update-

Touch pad Not working after Update-: My touch pad stopped working after the last Windows 10 Update. I have a Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro. I tried updating/installing drivers. The mouse/touchpad doesn't show up under Device Manager, even when set to "Show hidden devices." I ran antivirus (malwarebytes and AVG) and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. scrolling not happening in touch pad windows 10

2. touchscreen gestures not working after update

3. hp spectre x360 trackpad not scrolling