Windows 10: Touch pad help. Left and right click not working

Discus and support Touch pad help. Left and right click not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Thanks, looking for a corded mouse now lol. Without the touch pad functioning it's hard to install/update the driver. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Snoeblind, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Snoeblind Win User

Touch pad help. Left and right click not working

Thanks, looking for a corded mouse now lol. Without the touch pad functioning it's hard to install/update the driver.

Snoeblind, Apr 5, 2018
  2. Snoeblind Win User

Hi guys, I have an ASUS laptop and a couple weeks ago the left and right click stopped working. The pointer works fine. I'm sure but I think this happened after an windows update. I do not have a restore point before this event. I've tried everything I can think of. Anyone ever have this happen or have any advice on how to solve this?

:)

Snoeblind, Apr 20, 2018
  3. How do I stop the scroll bar disappearing after 3 seconds In Windows 10 using Edge?

Lame work around: I found that if I left click on a scroll bar arrow and then touch the corresponding upper right or lower right corner of my touch pad that I can then iteratively left click on the scroll arrow without the scroll bar disappearing. The
    touching of the scroll pad seems to cause the scroll bar to stick.

This is still a horrible bug in my opinion.

KEnglish42, Apr 20, 2018
  4. Touch pad help. Left and right click not working

Left click not working and right click working

HI Milan,

You might have changed the primary mouse button settings from the Mouse settings page on Windows. To check the primary mouse button set on the PC, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Mouse & touchpad settings and select the top most search result.

• From the left side panel of the window, check if Select your primary button under Mouse is set to Left. If not, select Left from
      the dropdown bar.

• Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards.

Armand Cos, Apr 20, 2018
  5. dmholt57 Win User
    Check the driver for the touchpad, Microsoft likes to substitute their own signed drivers that don't work well sometime. Download a driver from the ASUS site and replace the current driver. *Nerd

dmholt57, Apr 20, 2018
Thema:

Touch pad help. Left and right click not working

1. Touch pad help. Left and right click not working - Similar Threads - Touch pad help

2. Right touch pad doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right touch pad doesn't work: my right click on my touch pad stopped working. It only works when I reset the laptop. After that, it doesn't work. I have tried so many solutions on the internet; I have restored the system, updated drivers and all but it still didn't work. Instead, it shifts to the left....
  3. Right touch pad doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right touch pad doesn't work: my right click on my touch pad stopped working. It only works when I reset the laptop. After that, it doesn't work. I have tried so many solutions on the internet; I have restored the system, updated drivers and all but it still didn't work. Instead, it shifts to the left....
  4. Left Click Working as Right Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left Click Working as Right Click: Hello. I have a very odd problem that I need help with. Starting last night, and for no real reason, my pc started to register my mouse’s left clicks as right clicks. On top of this, it’s not registering right clicks as left clicks as if they were flipped, so I don’t have any...
  5. Left Click Working as Right Click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left Click Working as Right Click: Hello. I have a very odd problem that I need help with. Starting last night, and for no real reason, my pc started to register my mouse’s left clicks as right clicks. On top of this, it’s not registering right clicks as left clicks as if they were flipped, so I don’t have any...
  6. Touch pad left click not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touch pad left click not working.: When I try to play FPS games Im using wasd and left click to shoot but while i've been using wasd my left click wont work. When I don't use my keyboard my left click works. PLEASE HELP! Computer Model- HP Spectre x2 detachable 12 -c0XX...
  7. Left and Right click on mouse pad not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left and Right click on mouse pad not working: Hi there, I have recently touched the wrong thing on my keypad for my left and right click to stop working, the touchpad itself works thankfully, but the buttons underneath don't seem to work. Any ideas for me to get it fixed ASAP. I've tried downloading the HP PC hardware...
  8. Left click not working on Dell touch pad, Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Left click not working on Dell touch pad, Windows 10: Checked settings, primary is left click, tried deleting and Installing the driver, still no luck. What can be done? submitted by /u/advaitha_ram [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hoh3wk/left_click_not_working_on_dell_touch_pad_windows/
  9. Please help! My right click isn't working on my touch pad.

Please help! My right click isn't working on my touch pad.: I have been searching high and low for an answer to my problem and have even been on customer support for both Microsoft and Raser (the company my laptop is manufactured by) and so far I have had no luck with everybody more focused on pointing fingers at each other then...
  10. Touch Pad clicking NOT working

Touch Pad clicking NOT working: Hi, suddenly windows 10 on my ThinkPad X1 yoga Tiuch Pad both right and left clicking are not working !!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-clicking-not-working/38d1ca0d-1a25-4b9b-9f26-e07549507f56