Windows 10: Touch Pad is not responding

Discus and support Touch Pad is not responding in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi... It's Sakib. My Laptop's name is Asus TUF FX505GE BQ487T . Windows 10. core i7. For the last few months, I am facing a problem about my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IstiaqueSakib, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Touch Pad is not responding

Hi... It's Sakib.

My Laptop's name is Asus TUF FX505GE BQ487T . Windows 10. core i7.

For the last few months, I am facing a problem about my laptop's touchpad. Suddenly touchpad has stopped working. I tried my best to solve my touchpad's problem but I couldn't get the solution. I checked the bios of my laptop and bios is showing that the touchpad option is enabled. Then I looked at the Device Manager. In Device Manager on 12C HID Device, a yellow caution mark is showing. When I checked for the update of the 12C HID Device driver no update is showing in windows.

Please help me with this issue. I will be very grateful.

:)

IstiaqueSakib, Apr 5, 2021
  2. Pawan1709 Win User

touch pad

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

The touch pad can be disabled by you on the Control Panel of your computer.

Refer the steps below to disable the touchpad on your computer.

• Right click on Start, and then click
      Control Panel.

• Click Hardware and Sound.

• Click Keyboard.

• In the Mouse Properties
      window:

• Click the Device Select tab to disable the touch pad.

• Click the Touch Pad tab to adjust touch pad settings.

• Click OK to save the settings and restart the system and check.

Try updating the Touchpad drivers from the
    manufacturer's website
    and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click
    Device Manager.

b. Expand the Touchpad tab.

c. Right-click and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan1709, Apr 5, 2021
  3. after upgrading to windows 10 touch key pad is nt responding

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

We are apologize for the inconvenience.

Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to check the status of touch pad in Device manager.

Press Windows key + X.

Select Device manager.

On your left hand side you may find the list of devices.

Check the status of touch pad there.

Method 2: If the issues persists please uninstall and reinstall the touch keypad driver from its manufacturer website.

Uninstall a driver.

• Click Start, type Device Manager, and press
      Enter
    • Find and double-click touch keypad
    • Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.
    • Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.
    • After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible. In a pinch you can use the Windows Device Manager to uninstall troublesome driver.
    Down load the latest driver for Windows 10 and install the driver from the system manufacture web site.

Sudharshan M K, Apr 5, 2021
  4. Touch Pad is not responding

issues with touch pad gestures with a touchscreen laptop

Thanks for the response.

I have tried the steps you suggested. It showed no issues, except to restart my PC. At the point when I performed these steps, I didn't have the issue that I reported - namely, not being able to use touch-pad gestures. Maybe I should try this when the touch-pad
    gestures stop working.

RakeshS_87, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

Touch Pad is not responding

1. Touch Pad is not responding - Similar Threads - Touch Pad responding

2. Touch pad not responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch pad not responding: Hi, my cat walked across my keyboard and now only the mouse in the keyboard will respond, but not the touch pad. I have a Dell Latitude E6429 with windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-not-responding/68aa0d84-91e1-44eb-b0d1-70513105630b
  3. Touch pad not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch pad not responding: Hi, my cat walked across my keyboard and now only the mouse in the keyboard will respond, but not the touch pad. I have a Dell Latitude E6429 with windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-not-responding/68aa0d84-91e1-44eb-b0d1-70513105630b
  4. Touch pad not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Touch pad / mouse is not responding

Touch pad / mouse is not responding: Hi My laptop is not responding to the mouse clicks, I am using the touch pad and tried a wireless mouse, still the same problem.. When I click on anything it doesn't make any difference, even the hover is not appearing.. Sometimes it works when I restart it, others it...
  6. touch pad cursor disappeared the touch pad doesn't respond to touch!.

touch pad cursor disappeared the touch pad doesn't respond to touch!.: The touchpad on my Yoga seems to have stopped communicating. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-cursor-disappeared-the-touch-pad-doesnt/75e2dd0c-686c-4352-b3cd-8946151bfe38
  7. touch pad

touch pad: .Hello, I have an Dell Inspiron 5558 and I was trying to find a setting that would disable the touch pad when I had a USB mouse plugged in, I know I can disable it in Device manager but when the computer restarts it is enabled again even though the Device Manager says it is...
  8. Touch Pad

Touch Pad: I just purchased my HP Envy 17 yesterday! I love it!. I am having a problem with my touch pad not working correctly. It will disable at random times. I can still move the cursor but essentially it will not let me "tap" or "click"...
  9. touch pad

in Windows 10 Customization
    touch pad: I have an hp windows 10 laptop. I exclusively use the mouse or the touch capability. I want to turn the touch pad off as it gets in the way as i'm typing. how do I do this...
  10. touch pad

in Windows 10 Customization
    touch pad: I bought a acer aspire 3, when I was trying to configure the touch pad settings and turned off touchpad. Am unable to turn on the touch pad even after restarting. can anyone help me with this issue ??...