Windows 10: touch pad movement on the buttons

Discus and support touch pad movement on the buttons in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Please fix this issue as it is a Royal pain in the **** when the curser moves off of what you are trying to click on and clicks on unwanted links due... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CharlieMoore3, Apr 26, 2019.

1. touch pad movement on the buttons

Please fix this issue as it is a Royal pain in the **** when the curser moves off of what you are trying to click on and clicks on unwanted links due to the movement of the curser by the buttons of the touchpad. The buttons should be for clicking on NOT movement of the curser that is what the rest of the touch pad is for. FFS who is the moron who thinks that they are making improvements when they really are only making things more difficult to use for ev1. and so my Question is When is this issue going to be fixed???

:)

CharlieMoore3, Apr 26, 2019
  2. Pawan1709 Win User

touch pad

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

The touch pad can be disabled by you on the Control Panel of your computer.

Refer the steps below to disable the touchpad on your computer.

• Right click on Start, and then click
      Control Panel.

• Click Hardware and Sound.

• Click Keyboard.

• In the Mouse Properties
      window:

• Click the Device Select tab to disable the touch pad.

• Click the Touch Pad tab to adjust touch pad settings.

• Click OK to save the settings and restart the system and check.

Try updating the Touchpad drivers from the
    manufacturer's website
    and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click
    Device Manager.

b. Expand the Touchpad tab.

c. Right-click and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan1709, Apr 26, 2019
  3. issues with touch pad gestures with a touchscreen laptop

Thanks for the response.

I have tried the steps you suggested. It showed no issues, except to restart my PC. At the point when I performed these steps, I didn't have the issue that I reported - namely, not being able to use touch-pad gestures. Maybe I should try this when the touch-pad
    gestures stop working.

RakeshS_87, Apr 26, 2019
  4. touch pad movement on the buttons

turn off touch pad

Hi Brian,

You can disable Touch pad from the Device Manager. Make sure that the mouse is already plugged in before disabling the touch pad. To disable Touch pad, follow these steps:

• Press and hold Windows logo key + R.
    • Type Devmgmt.msc in the Run command dialog box.
    • Press Enter.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right-click on the first HID-compliant mouse entry.
    • Select Disable.
    • Hit Yes.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

touch pad movement on the buttons

1. touch pad movement on the buttons - Similar Threads - touch pad movement

2. Ps5 controller touch pad button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ps5 controller touch pad button: why does everytime when i use a ps5 controller for a pc it has problems, when i press the touch pad button which for some reason increases my volume and starts a song on spotify on every game, i tried to fix this on steam to but looks like it maybe it is a microsoft problem...
  3. Ps5 controller touch pad button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ps5 controller touch pad button: why does everytime when i use a ps5 controller for a pc it has problems, when i press the touch pad button which for some reason increases my volume and starts a song on spotify on every game, i tried to fix this on steam to but looks like it maybe it is a microsoft problem...
  4. touch pad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touch pad: .Hello, I have an Dell Inspiron 5558 and I was trying to find a setting that would disable the touch pad when I had a USB mouse plugged in, I know I can disable it in Device manager but when the computer restarts it is enabled again even though the Device Manager says it is...
  5. Touch pad buttons

Touch pad buttons: Right & left mouse buttons seem to be inactivated on HP laptop. How do I activate them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-buttons/95f6496d-a368-45b9-96af-4d2e4fc2ee75
  6. Touch Pad

Touch Pad: I just purchased my HP Envy 17 yesterday! I love it!. I am having a problem with my touch pad not working correctly. It will disable at random times. I can still move the cursor but essentially it will not let me "tap" or "click"...
  7. Touch pad scroll button not working

Touch pad scroll button not working: I can not get my mouse pad on new computer to work the same as normal. The side slide bar no longer slides up and done by pressing left key and pulling it down. Now I must put pointer in the bottom of slide bar and tap tap tap and it moves but too fast or jumps to the...
  8. touch pad

in Windows 10 Customization
    touch pad: I have an hp windows 10 laptop. I exclusively use the mouse or the touch capability. I want to turn the touch pad off as it gets in the way as i'm typing. how do I do this...
  9. Surface Book Touch Pad Click Buttons...

Surface Book Touch Pad Click Buttons...: I want regular (old) response with the left and right click buttons on the touch pad. I don't want to have to "Press the button firmly to click." I want to just lightly click the buttons for them to work. How do I change the settings on the computer to accomplish this?...
  10. touch pad

touch pad: I bought a acer aspire 3, when I was trying to configure the touch pad settings and turned off touchpad. Am unable to turn on the touch pad even after restarting. can anyone help me with this issue ??...