Windows 10: Touch pad not turning off

Discus and support Touch pad not turning off in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good day.No matter what i try, the touch pad doesnt turn off, even if i change the settings. When i go into device manager the touch pad doesnt even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by S3XYduck, May 28, 2023.

1. S3XYduck Win User

Touch pad not turning off

Good day.No matter what i try, the touch pad doesnt turn off, even if i change the settings. When i go into device manager the touch pad doesnt even show up. Before i had it set such that if the mouse was connected, the touchpad wouldnt work, but that doesnt work at all.

:)

S3XYduck, May 28, 2023

2. turn off touch pad

Hi Brian,

You can disable Touch pad from the Device Manager. Make sure that the mouse is already plugged in before disabling the touch pad. To disable Touch pad, follow these steps:

• Press and hold Windows logo key + R.
    • Type Devmgmt.msc in the Run command dialog box.
    • Press Enter.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right-click on the first HID-compliant mouse entry.
    • Select Disable.
    • Hit Yes.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, May 28, 2023
  3. turn touch pad off

Dave, the touch pad wasn't listed when I Expanded Human Interface Device

Thanks

GARYFLATOW, May 28, 2023
  4. Pawan1709 Win User

touch pad

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

The touch pad can be disabled by you on the Control Panel of your computer.

Refer the steps below to disable the touchpad on your computer.

• Right click on Start, and then click
      Control Panel.

• Click Hardware and Sound.

• Click Keyboard.

• In the Mouse Properties
      window:

• Click the Device Select tab to disable the touch pad.

• Click the Touch Pad tab to adjust touch pad settings.

• Click OK to save the settings and restart the system and check.

Try updating the Touchpad drivers from the
    manufacturer's website
    and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click
    Device Manager.

b. Expand the Touchpad tab.

c. Right-click and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan1709, May 28, 2023
Thema:

1. Touch pad not turning off - Similar Threads - Touch pad turning

2. Touch pad not turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch pad not turning off: Good day.No matter what i try, the touch pad doesnt turn off, even if i change the settings. When i go into device manager the touch pad doesnt even show up. Before i had it set such that if the mouse was connected, the touchpad wouldnt work, but that doesnt work at all....
  3. Touch pad not turning off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch pad not turning off: Good day.No matter what i try, the touch pad doesnt turn off, even if i change the settings. When i go into device manager the touch pad doesnt even show up. Before i had it set such that if the mouse was connected, the touchpad wouldnt work, but that doesnt work at all....
  4. How to turn off Laptop touch pad auto activation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off Laptop touch pad auto activation?: Hi,I have a new laptop with a touchpad. When I'm reading a web page, randomly, it will go to a new web page. I believe, what is happening is, I've left the mouse via the touchpad over a link. When I'm reading this page, it will automatically launch this link and go to a new...
  5. How to turn off Laptop touch pad auto activation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off Laptop touch pad auto activation?: Hi,I have a new laptop with a touchpad. When I'm reading a web page, randomly, it will go to a new web page. I believe, what is happening is, I've left the mouse via the touchpad over a link. When I'm reading this page, it will automatically launch this link and go to a new...
  6. F3 will not turn the touch pad off.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    F3 will not turn the touch pad off.: Since windows 10 was updated on 8-13-19 the F3 button will not turn the touch pad off on my laptop. How do I correct this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f3-will-not-turn-the-touch-pad-off/88add288-0a1b-4909-8228-04615bea1448
  7. Turn off touch pad on HP with windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off touch pad on HP with windows 10: I have looked online for answers to this questions. There are many, none of them seem to apply to my computer. I did have to reset the settings and it's since them that I can't shut it off...
  8. Turn off touch pad on HP laptop with windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turn off touch pad on HP laptop with windows 10: Need to disable touch pad while typing as the curser moves with the slightest touch which is most annoying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-touch-pad-on-hp-laptop-with-windows-10/e853f0ee-446b-4272-9711-521d7515e90f
  9. touch pad windows 10 how to turn off

in Windows 10 Customization
    touch pad windows 10 how to turn off: how do I turn off mouse pad for windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-windows-10-how-to-turn-off/be94cb8a-f543-44e4-8116-1304598d62cb
  10. shut off this touch pad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    shut off this touch pad: I have a lenovo yoga 700 with windows 10, how do I shut off the touch pad when using a mouse? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/shut-off-this-touch-pad/4d0a4488-a5c1-48e4-9471-fb36237a19bd