Windows 10: touch pad not working

Discus and support touch pad not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The touch pad on my Toshiba Satellite laptop stopped working after I accidently pushed some keys. The control panel says it is functioning normally so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Alix St Clair, Oct 10, 2019.

1. touch pad not working

The touch pad on my Toshiba Satellite laptop stopped working after I accidently pushed some keys. The control panel says it is functioning normally so I don't know where to look next.

:)

Alix St Clair, Oct 10, 2019

2. issues with touch pad gestures with a touchscreen laptop

Thanks for the response.

I have tried the steps you suggested. It showed no issues, except to restart my PC. At the point when I performed these steps, I didn't have the issue that I reported - namely, not being able to use touch-pad gestures. Maybe I should try this when the touch-pad
    gestures stop working.

RakeshS_87, Oct 10, 2019
  3. touch pad has stopped working

touch pad stopped working. It is not listed under mouse as an option.

patrickabbott, Oct 10, 2019
  4. touch pad not working

Touch Pad Not working

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

From what you have mentioned, I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your touch pad.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Method 2: Compatibility mode

I would suggest you to install the latest available drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Rajeshwari_Patil, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

touch pad not working

1. touch pad not working - Similar Threads - touch pad working

2. Touch pad not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch pad not working: my Lenovo ideapad 3's touchpad was having issues since a long time right click wasn't working and instead it does left click i tried everything from bios update to uninstalling driver then restarting laptop but nothing changedi only got this[i did updated my laptop from...
  3. Touch pad not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch pad not working: my Lenovo ideapad 3's touchpad was having issues since a long time right click wasn't working and instead it does left click i tried everything from bios update to uninstalling driver then restarting laptop but nothing changedi only got this[i did updated my laptop from...
  4. touch pad no working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    touch pad no working: touch pad no working. touch pad don't work after update. there no drivers that seems lost touch pad after update. drivers don't help... asus k751L https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-no-working/6acbfeea-2fe6-411b-ba39-30d9d673454b
  5. touch pad no working

touch pad no working: touch pad no working. touch pad don't work after update. there no drivers that seems lost touch pad after update. drivers don't help... asus k751L https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-no-working/6acbfeea-2fe6-411b-ba39-30d9d673454b
  6. touch pad not working

touch pad not working: I have An Acer laptop and the touch pad suddenly stopped responding. I periodically get an icon showing the touch pad not working. How can I resolve this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-not-working/f3e2f442-0d96-444d-9134-49c71f6c5d92
  7. touch pad not working

touch pad not working: Hai There,After an update 2 days before by windows 10 my touchpad is not workingin the device manger it shows a yellow traingle and this messageThis device cannot start. Code 10 A request for the HID descriptor failed.please helpDr Sankar...
  8. touch pad not working

touch pad not working: Hello, i have recently updated my dell laptop which is, running on 32 bit operating system, windows 7 professional OS to windows 10 pro. but after the update my touch pad stopped working. i have tried many drivers but nothing was compatible . isn't there a compatible driver...
  9. Touch pad not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Touch pad not working: hi, I am amit verma , i have windows 10 home single language now after installing new version 2004 my touch pad not working properly please help me out. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-not-working/72911f42-eb7c-4030-b1b5-a81a358e6e93
  10. touch pad not working

touch pad not working: I've recently updated to the newest windows update for widows 10 and my touch pad had gotten finicky after the update before the latest but now it does not work at all I've surfed the web on the issue and tried reinstalling the driver but it still does not work I need help...