Windows 10: Touch Pad pointer is moving in the wrong direction. How do I fix it?

Discus and support Touch Pad pointer is moving in the wrong direction. How do I fix it? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an HP laptop computer-Envy 17" It is only about 1 1/2 yrs old and has been working great. I have Windows 10 fully upograded. I have been using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CarolynLN, Jul 12, 2021.

1. CarolynLN Win User

Touch Pad pointer is moving in the wrong direction. How do I fix it?

I have an HP laptop computer-Envy 17" It is only about 1 1/2 yrs old and has been working great. I have Windows 10 fully upograded. I have been using my touch pad daily with no problem, even moving a lot of jigsaw puzzle pieces around. Earlier today I restarted my computer. When I was all logged in again and tried to move the cursor from my touch pad, it will not work properly.1 If I move my finger up on the touch pad, the cursor goes to the right. 2 If I move my finger down towards me the cursor moves to the left.3 If I move my finger to the right on the touch pad, the cursor goes

:)

CarolynLN, Jul 12, 2021
  2. --dash Win User

Touch Pad Sensitivity Settings

There are no settings to increase the touch pad sensitivity! I have a very light touch. Often I must use extreme pressure to get the mouse to move using the touch pad. It is a royal pain in the ... to move the mouse pointer and it refuses to move. Is
    there fix for this oversight short of buying a USB mouse?

--dash, Jul 12, 2021
  3. Touch Pad pointer is missing.

I have Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro 1370 laptop. I just upgraded to Windows 10 new version and my Touch Pad pointer is missing.

JASBIR KHARA, Jul 12, 2021
  4. Touch Pad pointer is moving in the wrong direction. How do I fix it?

Touch Pad pointer is missing.

Hi Jasbir,

To help resolve your concern with your missing Touchpad pointer, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard for the Menu bar to appear.
    • Type Mouse & TouchPad Settings and hit enter.
    • Select the last tab that contains the built-in mouse pad.
    • Click Enable device.
    • Restart your computer.

If issue persists, press and hold Left Alt + Left Shift + Number Lock. You will be prompted to a small box. Use the tab key to select the
    Yes option.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Jul 12, 2021
Thema:

Touch Pad pointer is moving in the wrong direction. How do I fix it?

1. Touch Pad pointer is moving in the wrong direction. How do I fix it? - Similar Threads - Touch Pad pointer

2. Mouse moves the wrong direction.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse moves the wrong direction.: I can't fix my mouse if I physically move it up it goes left and moving the mouse down makes it go right if I want to go up and down on the screen I have to move the mouse left and right....
  3. Mouse moves the wrong direction.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse moves the wrong direction.: I can't fix my mouse if I physically move it up it goes left and moving the mouse down makes it go right if I want to go up and down on the screen I have to move the mouse left and right....
  4. Mouse moves the wrong direction.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. fixing touch pad

in Windows 10 Customization
    fixing touch pad: hi my touch pad all of a sudden stopped working but I do have a mouse connected to the outside through USB and it works fine but the touch pad isn't? could you help me fix it?...
  6. fixing the touch pad

fixing the touch pad: hi my touch pad all of a sudden stopped working but I do have a mouse connected to the outside through USB and it works fine but the touch pad isn't? could you help me fix it?...
  7. how can i change my touch-pad scroll direction

how can i change my touch-pad scroll direction: how can i change my touch-pad scroll direction win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-my-touch-pad-scroll-direction/b6c4b203-f68e-489b-85e8-8a3dee16e6f0
  8. Guys help needed idk what to do...whenever I touch my touch pad the pointer start moving...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Guys help needed idk what to do...whenever I touch my touch pad the pointer start moving...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/aryavart_m [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fkl37w/guys_help_needed_idk_what_to_dowhenever_i_touch/
  9. touch pad mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touch pad mouse pointer: on games my in game pointer doesn't work it is just stuck in the center of the screen but behind the game I can move the desktop pointer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-mouse-pointer/054c21db-9b02-450d-b297-4f123fbe8934
  10. How do I disable the touch pad?

How do I disable the touch pad?: How do I disable the touchpad. When I type my thumbs or wrists touch the touchpad, causing words and letters to end up in the wrong place. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-the-touch-pad/e71db04c-b2df-4d14-b3f5-15705d72f0fc

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 touch moves wrong way

2. _____pads let us control the cursor/pointer whith our finger

3. how to fix touch wrong direction