Windows 10: Touch Pad Scrolling Not Working In Start Menu After Windows 10 Update

Discus and support Touch Pad Scrolling Not Working In Start Menu After Windows 10 Update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I just recently installed the big Windows Update for July 2019 and am finding the scrolling feature is not working in the Start Menu. It works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jhewit, Jul 23, 2019.

1. jhewit Win User

Touch Pad Scrolling Not Working In Start Menu After Windows 10 Update

Hello,

I just recently installed the big Windows Update for July 2019 and am finding the scrolling feature is not working in the Start Menu. It works in all other areas, such as File Explorer, Web Pages, etc. But when I try to scroll through my Apps and Programs, I cannot do it with the touch pad on my laptop. There bar scrolling still works, and so does a peripheral USB mouse with the scroll wheel, but I rarely use it so this is super inconvenient.

Stating the obvious: It worked before the update.

Not Obvious: I've run the DISM.exe tool as suggested in other questions, and run a few other Troubleshooting and Diagnostic tools, none have worked thus far.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Johnathan

:)

jhewit, Jul 23, 2019
  2. bells Win User

Touch Pad Scrolling Doesn't work on Store Apps Windows 10

I have been facing this issue from the day one since I installed Windows 10 on my laptop (Dell XPS L502x).

Native Windows Applications like all browsers, office products etc. anything that is not from the Store, works fine. I can use Touch Pad scrolling with no trouble. e.g. on Internet Explorer, Chrome, MS Word, etc.

But the apps that come out of store or the apps like those which come pre-built with Windows 10 such as new Settings UI, Microsoft Edge. Touch Pad scrolling just don't work with these apps. When I perform scrolling the scroll-icon appears but doesn't scroll the content.

This issue is only with Touch Pad. External Mouse works great with scrolling on any kind of app.

Hope to find a solution here.
    Thanks

PS: drivers are all good on the machine and up to date with no warning or error.

bells, Jul 23, 2019
  3. Boozad Win User
    synaptics touch pad scrolling feature is not working

@Sevukar please start new threads in future when the issue is significantly different from the initial issue.

Boozad, Jul 23, 2019
  4. ReedWish Win User

Windows 10 Start Menu Auto Close

I just update my asus laptop to windows 10, when I open the new start menu there are obviously many apps to choose from. When I use my touch pad to scroll down the list, the cursor disappears, and when I use the touch pad to try and bring back the cursor
    in order to open an app, the whole start menu closes, and I take yet another step that pushes me further to my insanity. I am wondering if there is a way to scroll without using the scroll bar of the side and use my two-finger gesture scroll on my touch pad
    without the menu crashing.

ReedWish, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Touch Pad Scrolling Not Working In Start Menu After Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - Touch Pad Scrolling

2. touch pad scroll key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touch pad scroll key not working: my touch pad left right crolling not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-scroll-key-not-working/64b4dd80-f405-44cc-b5cd-90d68f24ba91
  3. touch pad scroll key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    touch pad scroll key not working: my touch pad left right crolling not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-scroll-key-not-working/64b4dd80-f405-44cc-b5cd-90d68f24ba91
  4. touch pad scroll key not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Touch-pad not working after update!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch-pad not working after update!: My touch-pad stooped working all of a sudden. The hotkeys doesn't turn it back on and the device is also not shown in the device manager! Please tell me a way to fix it. All usb devices work though!...
  6. Touch pad scrolling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touch pad scrolling: Just did an update and my touchpad scrolling is now reversed. Been pulling down to scroll down for years and now it is reversed. How do I revert back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-scrolling/d25a86e9-a66b-4a95-b4de-9b61aef7e088
  7. touch-pad scrolling

touch-pad scrolling: Hi, When i first got this laptop the touch-pad scrolling was enabled and working fine, and all of a sudden it just stops working and I don't know why or how to fix it. I was reading a previous person's response who had the same question and I tried following the steps to...
  8. Touch Pad Scrolling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touch Pad Scrolling: Hello, Im tring to get my touchpad to be able to scroll again and I can't find anything that works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-scrolling/89ebfb00-bfb4-4e3d-897d-969fdfa105c8
  9. Touch pad scroll button not working

Touch pad scroll button not working: I can not get my mouse pad on new computer to work the same as normal. The side slide bar no longer slides up and done by pressing left key and pulling it down. Now I must put pointer in the bottom of slide bar and tap tap tap and it moves but too fast or jumps to the...
  10. Touch pad Not working after Update-

Touch pad Not working after Update-: My touch pad stopped working after the last Windows 10 Update. I have a Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro. I tried updating/installing drivers. The mouse/touchpad doesn't show up under Device Manager, even when set to "Show hidden devices." I ran antivirus (malwarebytes and AVG) and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. update windows 10 menu will not scroll

2. windows 10 start menu not scrolling

3. touchpad not scrolling windows start bar

4. for staring menu not scrolling in win 10 1909,
  5. virtual scrolling not working after Windows 10 update,
  6. start menu scrolling windows 10,
  7. can scroll start menu 1909,
  8. trackpad scroll not working on start menu,
  9. not able to scroll on start menu,
  10. mouse doesnt work in start menu windows 10,
  11. scroll not working in windows 10 start menu,